Gerald McCoy contract --> Dareus

YoloinOhio

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love to re-sign him, but I would rather pay Hughes big money than Dareus.

Dareus all the way.

Yeah, but do you really trust dareus off the field? He strikes me as a guy who will screw around some more after he gets a big deal.

That's why you put clauses and incentives in the contract.

At some point you're still commiting pretty big bucks, and he has an agent fighting to keep ridiculous clauses out too.

KW is getting up there in age, and Dareus is young, and a top 5 DT. If we don't try to keep him, then we don't have an interest in winning football games.

I'm not crazy about the fools in Tampa setting the bar for the rest of us with a deal like this. Let them create their own salary cap hell! But I do want Dareus and Hughes back. I wish you could just throw out the outliers because I think Dareus is a much better player at this point. (How he plays with $50-60 million guaranteed is another deal entirely.)

KW is getting up there in age, and Dareus is young, and a top 5 DT. If we don't try to keep him, then we don't have an interest in winning football games.

It's almost like you aren't replying to my post at all. I was just pointing out that there will be some leap of faith in signing him. The team can't just force him to agree to any and every clause they might want.

To address yours i've been strong in saying we can keep him still. I'd expect KW isn't in the long term plans without an extension that cuts his cup hit..... and you see something where we end up with either Hughes or dareus extended this offseason, the other catching a tag or two and a couple high round picks being added to replace KW and the whoever of the other 3 is more expendable 2-3 years down the line - if I had to guess.

Correct. This is the bottom line. At least as far as us armchair GM's are concerned.

It's definitely a risk, but Top 5 DT's don't grow on trees.

Edited by SmokinES3

Correct. This is the bottom line. At least as far as us armchair GM's are concerned.

If we want to armchair GM it, and 14m is the number, next to 16m for Mario there are a lot of interesting conversations to be had. We can certainly afford everyone but the ways to get there are not totally black and white and make for good chatter. Would close to 50m on the DL be efficient, even if we can afford it? If we are spending like that are these the 4 to do it with? good message board talk.

Edited by NoSaint

If we want to armchair GM it, and 14m is the number, next to 16m for Mario there are a lot of interesting conversations to be had. We can certainly afford everyone but the ways to get there are not totally black and white and make for good chatter. Would close to 50m on the DL be efficient, even if we can afford it? If we are spending like that are these the 4 to do it with? good message board talk.

Agreed. Mario's situation is going to get a hard look in the next year or so I'm sure. If the D line continues to have as big of an impact on games as it has, is 50 mill crazy? It's a good question. I'm behind it. Talent wise, Dareus is surest thing on that line. Character concerns not withstanding.

Edited by SmokinES3