hope i'm wrong, but..

BackInDaDay

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you are wrong...i didnt read your post because you didnt write what it was about...but seeing your topic headline ill say this, youre definitely wrong, bout whatever you said.

i dont read posts that start like this...

Hate to say it but....

Arron maybin....

the jets.....

spiller....

that's what you get when you just use stats and don't use context or watch the game. I just watched every single play of the first half, and counted each play the Bills blitzed.

Here were the results

2, inc, 6, inc, inc, -6*, 3, 3.

So Bridgewater completed 5-8 for 8 yards.

*it's possible they wouldn't call the pass for -6 which was a completion not a sack as a blitz, as it was more of a delayed blitz. If they didn't count that one, he was 4-7 for 14 yards.

Neither int was a blitz

All of the passes completed downfield and on TD drive they did not blitz on.

Thanks, Pro Football Focus. All they said was 7 for 9 on blitzes, which is why I said in another thread I'd like to see the yardage numbers on those plays.

No, I wasn't able to watch the whole game unfortunately. Only NFL Rewind. So I stand corrected. Thank you for doing what PFF didn't (at least not for free): provide context for their stats.

Edited by No Cease Fires

Chris Johnson always tore up the Bills with the Titans. Geno's best game as a pro was vs Justin Rogers and the Bills last year. Also the extra time to prepare and rest isn't a good situation.

I think must win early is thrown out because their are more games to play. A division game on the road where you can get to 5-3 would be an enormous win even vs a 1-6 team. I think NE wins division and SD will get a wildcard so to me the Bills are fighting with Miami and all of Central for wildcard.

Win and get to say 6-4 or 7-3 and that Packers game maybe an ideal flex game to sunday night.

Thanks, Pro Football Focus. All they said was 7 for 9 on blitzes, which is why I said in another thread I'd like to see the yardage numbers on those plays.

No, I wasn't able to watch the whole game unfortunately. Only NFL Rewind. So I stand corrected. Thank you for doing what PFF didn't (at least not for free): provide context for their stats.

I fall prey to that kind of stuff myself. Plus, even just going through that exercise, it's extremely difficult some plays knowing whether or not to put it into the blitz column or not. Sometimes it's a delayed blitz. Sometimes a LB comes but he is just covering a back. On a zone blitz they may only rush 4 but a LB comes. One of the plays I called an INC and thought it deserved the blitz denotation, someone else may not. It's like dropped passes. One person may call something that hits a WR in both hands a drop and another guy watching the same play and replays may say no, it was a bad pass and too difficult to call a drop.

What was clear, however, was that the few passes Bathwater completed downfield, the Bills did not blitz on, and the plays we did blitz, not one ball went for more than 6 yards. This was only the first half though.

First of all, Schwartz blitzed on a third of passing plays. And believe it or not, that's when the rookie was most accurate. This whole "Schwartz never blitzes" and "blitzes lead to better defense" thing is plain stupidity. People need to accept that maybe some of the coaches know what they're doing from time to time.

I don't believe I never said he never blitzes, and I do believe I did say he made the rookie QB look brilliant "at times".

How about the non blitzes at times. 7:34 in the 2nd quarter, on 3rd, and 7. The Bills only rushed 4 which resulted in a completed pass for 38 yards to the Bills 18 yard line. The result of that drive was a TD. Wouldn't it make more sense to blitz on 3rd and long is all I'm saying.

We had one bad game against the run. Before that we were #1 overall on run defense and even after that game we're top 5. It seems irrational to worry about this.

The Bills are tied for first with Arizona and Seattle at 3.2 YPA which in my opinion the more important stat. The Bills are 5th in total yards given up on the ground but 3 (Arizona, Seattle, and Denver) of the 4 (Detroit) ahead of us have played one less game.

agree w Hammersticks, this one is on Hackett.

beat the blitz, you beat the Jets. My pet peeve with Hackett is that he hasnt trained our receivers to check the freaking defense and recognize a blitz BEFORE you run your route. If they bring pressure the routes need to get cut short or Orton's a deadman.

Last year when Geno threw for 300 plus down there and we gave up 150plus on the ground it was because our offense was running 3 and outs all game and we couldnt protect. There were some plays when jets would send SIX and all of our receivers were out running go routes and never paying attention to the blitz.

Wilkerson and Richardson are at least as good as Fairley and Suh. This is gonna be a dogfight.

We need to roll out Orton more, run off tackle more, and use that double TE set like the Pats used against them. Keep our D fresh and frustrate Geno into a pick or two. No squibs against Percy please, and for god's sake get Bryce at least ten touches. we've got this.

He was Bridge over troubled water. He had a few good throws and showed some stones. Otherwise I thought Schwartzy made him look like a deer in headlights.

Yea, well I was just hoping that Schwartz would make Bridgewater look like EJ did against Houston, and not need to have last second heroics from Orton to Sammy for the game winning TD with one second on the clock.

.. we're in bad shape to play the Jets this week.

their strengths vs our weakness

• their D-line is very good, and we're juggling guys on our o-line
  • their coach has a variety of ways to bring pressure, and we're missing our best blitz pickup RB
  • their RBs are very good, and we've just given up our first 100 yd rushing game to who?

Your wrong , Jets going down!

Geno Smith has good games from time to time. Hard to predict when the good ones will be. If he's on, our mediocre DBs will be the difference. If not our D line will devour him. That's why they play the game, because you never know how it will go.

Yea, well I was just hoping that Schwartz would make Bridgewater look like EJ did against Houston, and not need to have last second heroics from Orton to Sammy for the game winning TD with one second on the clock.

The late game heroics were not needed because of Schwartz. Bridge passed for about a buck fifty and the Vikes scored 16 points. The Bills O stunk up the joint for most of the day vs a team they should have handled. Not sure why any focus would be on the D here. They gave up some rushing yards, but it took 7 games to have a bad one vs run. I think they should get a pass on that given where this team has been with run D.