Perplexing question ?

rcatty

Hacketts playcallling is suspect. That being said, the Bills overcame numerous turnovers, sacks and penalties. Top that off with Hacketts baffling play calling and it's a real indication that this team has the potential to win any game. I don't care if they were playing a bad team, it's hard to overcome all of that and win. I've said it since last year but when this team wins it's inspite of the coaching. I'm hoping that we see improvement from Marrone and co. This team with Orton as QB can win 10-11 games if the in game coaching gets better.

Hacketts playcallling is suspect. That being said, the Bills overcame numerous turnovers, sacks and penalties. Top that off with Hacketts baffling play calling and it's a real indication that this team has the potential to win any game. I don't care if they were playing a bad team, it's hard to overcome all of that and win. I've said it since last year but when this team wins it's inspite of the coaching. I'm hoping that we see improvement from Marrone and co. This team with Orton as QB can win 10-11 games if the in game coaching gets better.

So what play calls were supposed happen?

All those baffling play calls where the WR/QB fumbled the ball in the redzone? How dare he call those plays.

All those baffling play calls where the WR/QB fumbled the ball in the redzone? How dare he call those plays.

I'm tired of an offensive coordinator who dials up fumbles in the red zone!!! Is it sooooo hard to call plays where your guys secure the football???? I see other coaches call plays where their guys don't fumble, why can't ours?

I'm tired of an offensive coordinator who dials up fumbles in the red zone!!! Is it sooooo hard to call plays where your guys secure the football???? I see other coaches call plays where their guys don't fumble, why can't ours?

That play stinks. They called a wr fumble play TWICE!

Hackett isn't using our fumbling players correctly.... Got get them into space.

Edited by Wayne Cubed

So what play calls were supposed happen?

Hackett should have reminded Chandler to run the route with an emphasis on catching the 3rd and 17. Or reminded orton to get the snap off timely right after the timeout and not take a grounding call late in the game.

There's such a fine line between a good/great play call and wtf. I understand the criticism, I really do. I hop on and off that bandwagon every game. I've agreed with the previous poster more often than not this year.

At the end of the game I was just happy my kids saw a fun and exciting win. They haven't seen a ton of those in their lifetime.

Let's see what BB can do. I'm thinking he's been inactive for a reason but you can always hope you caught lightning in a bottle.

How can a team look so awful for the majority of a game, and yet, look so masterful for a final game winning drive?

What was masterful about it? Multiple penalties, multiple sacks, needing to convert on a 4th and 20 that any decent defense stops cold, even the pass that got them close to the goal line wasn't a great pass and could easily have been intercepted if not for the receiver making a strong play. Some past Bills teams would have just rolled over and given up and this team clearly did not, but don't make it more than it was

Edited by CodeMonkey

This team has mental toughness the likes of which we haven't seen in a long time, and THAT also has to do with coaching

Edited by matter2003

This team has mental toughness the likes of which we haven't seen in a long time, and THAT also has to do with coaching

I'm not sure I agree. I see what you are saying: the team doesn't fold. At the same time, too much of the adversity they are experiencing is self-inflicted: penalties, turnovers, poor execution, poor personnel management. On the one hand, they climb back in the ring. On the other, they are too often hitting themselves over the head with the metal chair.

kj

Wow all of the sudden people are on Hacketts crotch. Sorry but when the Bills were down 6 with 8 minutes left and he just kept running Boobie up the middle I was baffled. They went super conservative down by a TD with time running out and we only had 1 RB. That's baffling to me. Thank God our D got a stop and the O. Who the hell said I was blaming Hackett for fumbles? I swear some posters read what they want to read and run with it.