Jets 3-point Favorites

Casey D

When you lose both starting RB's, Vegas isn't going to make you a 7 point favorite against anyone. We're 4-3 w/them, so Vegas is probably questioning what we'll be without them. Plus it's a road divisional game (home team usually gets 3 points anyway). I don't understand why people are surprised about the line.

Jets also just came off of a last minute loss vs. teh Pats when they were 10pts dogs and were in it until the last minute vs. Denver when they were 9.5pt dogs. They've played well last 2 weeks...but again, they've ultimately failed.

This spread is strictly a result of us losing BOTH FJ and CJ and us facing a Jets D in THEIR house. Makes sense, IMO.

I'd much rather be the underdog.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jets point differential is -64 (only better than OAK, JAX and TB) and they are 1-3 at home.

How, exactly, are they better than a (1-6) team? You think Percy Harvin puts them over the edge?

And how, exactly, are the Bills a shaky (4-3) team?

Betting public knows the Bills have dropped 4 straight in NY, and historically have had trouble beating the Jets on the road. Past two weeks the Jets played the Broncos tough and barely lost to NE on the road after Buffalo was blown out by the Pats at home. They also have the 9th ranked defense in the NFL. That tells me the public thinks the Jets are playing like a team capable of beating a Bills team that has by all accounts, including the head coach, looked shaky despite the 4-3 record.

I'd much rather be the underdog.

Me too. Don't be surprised if the line moves even more as the week goes on. I can see a lot of people thinking the Jets will win this game. A lot of people outside of Buffalo see FJ and CJ as the face of the bills (and rightfully so, especially with FJ). I can see the line moving to us getting 5 points or so.

Anyone who doesn't see why this is so needs to realize this:

This game is the Bills offense vs. itself.

The Jets offense vs. the Bills Defense.

The defenses of the Jets teams against a wet blanket.

Edited by jboyst62

The Jets are a better team than their record, and the Bills might be worse than their record... this happens every season where teams aren't really equivalent to their records.

Combine that with the fact that the Jets are more popular than the Bills, and we lost our two starting RBs, it's not surprising.

Me too. Don't be surprised if the line moves even more as the week goes on. I can see a lot of people thinking the Jets will win this game. A lot of people outside of Buffalo see FJ and CJ as the face of the bills (and rightfully so, especially with FJ). I can see the line moving to us getting 5 points or so.

Yes like that time the Jets beat the Pats last year in week 7 and then lost by 40 the next week to the Bengals. Rex can't figure out how to focus them two weeks in a row.

Yes like that time the Jets beat the Pats last year in week 7 and then lost by 40 the next week to the Bengals. Rex can't figure out how to focus them two weeks in a row.

yeah i completely agree with you about Rex and the Jets being up/down, i'm just saying that the only reason Vegas has us as underdogs (which in actuality we aren't b/c home team usually gets 3 points anyway) is that we just lost our 2 starting RB's. Vegas sees us as one-dimensional going on the road vs. a good Jets D.

Vegas isn't dumb. They're saying this game is essentially 50/50. And they may be right. Hard to argue against that.

That being said, I'll probably take the Bills getting the points.

I feel we match up pretty well: we lead the league in sacks and we're going up against a QB who turns the ball over quite a bit. We're #1 in the league vs. the run (ypc) and the Run is the Jets strength.

Our passing attack is better than our running attack right now, and that matches up well against the Jets' weaker pass D compared to their run D.

So yeah, I'll take the Bills getting.

Edited by bobobonators

The Jets aren't as bad as a typical 1-6 team, they're at home, and they historically play the Bills tough. So I'm good with it.

the NYETS are 1-3 at home so far

the ONLY win was vs the Raiders in week 1

I'll blame Peyton Manning in part but the NYETS have a -64 point differential

they are allowing 26.43 points per game

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

yeah i completely agree with you about Rex and the Jets being up/down, i'm just saying that the only reason Vegas has us as underdogs is that we just lost our 2 starting RB's. Vegas sees us as one-dimensional going on the road vs. a good Jets D.

Vegas isn't dumb. They're saying this game is essentially 50/50. And they may be right. Hard to argue against that.

That being said, I'll probably take the Bills getting the points.

I feel we match up pretty well: we lead the league in sacks and we're going up against a QB who turns the ball over quite a bit. We're #1 in the league vs. the run (ypc) and the Run is the Jets strength.

Our passing attack is better than our running attack right now, and that matches up well against the Jets' weaker pass D compared to their run D.

So yeah, I'll take the Bills getting.

I can see it going either way as well. We thoroughly dominated them last time we played so that's fresh in my mind. Lost on a last minute TD at their place without Gilmore and McKelvin and Justin Rogers as our CB1. Edited by YoloinOhio

I think that says it all-- the Bills are the functional equivalent of a 1-6 team according to oddsmakers.

Yes it is the oddsmakers, but where do the bookies get those numbers to give: The betting public. It's close between the teams and home field usually is 3 points.

Just a bunch of idiot Jets fans betting that their puke green team will win. The bookies have to keep both sides of the books even.

On records*:

Bills SOS: .576 (4th highest in the AFC)

Jets SOS: .529 (8th highest in the AFC)

Bills SOV: .550 (3rd highest in the AFC - 2nd highest of AFC teams with a winning record)

Jets SOV: .000 (14th highest in the AFC - tied for last)

* - from ESPN.... I'm not sure this data is entirely correct, as it has Jax as having a .000 SoV, when they beat the 3-3 Browns... not sure how that works.

Edited by Dorkington