Best heavy metal- Started as a courtesy to Buffalo Barbarian.

Alright guys, I need your help. My son has fallen in love with the very heavy metal stuff. Problem is, so many of the lyrics are WAY too dark (mutilation, suicide, etc..)

Any bands in this genre without those kinds of lyrics?

Iron Maiden, of course!

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone like "Sabaton" ??? The music isn't that great, but their choice of subject matter is fantastic. It's all military history stuff and any song dedicated to the 7th Panzer Division is OK in my book.

The division blitzkrieged so quickly through France in 1940 no one could ever find it. By the time enemy forces arrived where the division was reported to be, it had already moved on. Hence the "ghost" moniker.

I guess the Norwegian "Pagan" stuff is out then.

:lol:

Have him check out Rammstein. Their lyrics are mostly in German so unless he speaks that, he won't know what stye are saying..but it's not dark stuff anyway!

Sabaton was great yesterday! Nice group of guys too.......brought a 6yo up on stage and let him jam out.

As a 25 year old just getting into metal... Holy !@#$ was Ronnie James Dio a metal god. He's definitely in my top-10 greatest Rock singers of all time. Heaven and Hell is one of the best albums I've ever heard.

RIP Dio the world is a shittier place without you.

As a 25 year old just getting into metal... Holy !@#$ was Ronnie James Dio a metal god. He's definitely in my top-10 greatest Rock singers of all time. Heaven and Hell is one of the best albums I've ever heard.

RIP Dio the world is a shittier place without you.

:beer:

• 1 month later...