Bryce Brown surprised he isn't playing

YoloinOhio

that he expected to be playing, even after preseason, is potentially a red flag on whether marrone is handling expectations properly.

i havent said it before, but perhaps he is used to dealing with college kids that have no choice but to sit down and shut up where in the nfl theres a little more of an art to managing the Mike Williams and Bryce Brown and such? or are we just getting players that need to learn to manage their own expectations?

Seems you covered both angles respectfully.

With Spiller seeing less touches , i would like to see the bIlls dress down Lee Smith and start running the Boobie Jackson Dixon spiller offense.

With Goodwin out ! Get CJ closer to the line of scimmage Spiller should be running patterns. Like maybe a bubble.

I dont think what Dixon say is worth a poo a this point. Stirring the pot since the Trade CJ revival has fired up again.

I've seen Cousins throw for 350+ yards (and also play a stinker of a game the next week)...but at least I can judge for myself by watching him play. Marshawn Lynch was dead weight on the Bills but turned out ok in Seattle. Perhaps we should see what happens when he steps on the field?? We've seen enough CJ in the last four weeks to try an alternative.

I think Brown has always been in the plans. The method has been this. seriously.

Hey guys we are going to run between the tackles. and we are going to do that alot.

Cj isn't one of those guy i dont think.

well run him up there till he cries.

Stupid method from where i sit. But i think they want Brown on the field this year.

whens the trade deadline ?

I get that. But couldn't Brown do what Dixon is doing?

I dont think so. Dixon is quite a ST player as i have noticed.

Most thought if there was some transtion coming it might ne Dixon for Fred and Brown for Spiller

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry if this was covered, but do we know what the trigger is that turns this into a third round pick?

if I recall correctly it is actually tied to Stevie's production somehow because it is actually SF's pick that we got for him that we then have to Phil, and the whole thing is convoluted.

The fact we are trying to make players fit Hackett's offense is a major fail then. Good coaches adjust to talent. If Hackett had a track record like Chip Kelly or Sean Payton, it's one thing. But he's been a coordinator for an average Cuse team and a video guy in the NFL. I have no reason to believe in his system.

Totally agree...

The fact that this kid cant seem to figure out a way to properly use CJ is proof enough...Spiller has 245 LESS yards from scrimmage in 5 MORE games under Hackett than he had in Chan's last year...Even the ankle injury can't explain that kind of drop-off...That's 37 yards a game if you're keeping track...Ridiculous... B-)

I saw some surmise on Twitter that the move was made for 2015. Unless someone gets hurt, of course, then he will play. Insurance this year, will play every week next year. At this point though, I would like to see him get some snaps now over CJ at least to get a look.

I am glad the Bills are so good, that we can make moves for 2015. How much better it would have been to just use a conditional second third or fourth to add Harvin to the roster, like the Jets did.

I am glad the Bills are so good, that we can make moves for 2015. How much better it would have been to just use a conditional second third or fourth to add Harvin to the roster, like the Jets did.

you do realize the difference in timing of these two moves, as well as salary and positional need? Or nah...

Btw, all NFL GMs need to make moves to set up their teams for the future. Not just the "good" teams. That is how the "not yet good" teams try to become good and the "good" teams try to stay good.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Just pointing out that this story started from Mike Rodhack, if no one noticed. It is incredibly strange how this guy is getting all of this **** stirred.

Sammy Watkins/EJ Manuel and now this?

Me thinks this kid is trying too hard to be a big boy reporter and stirring another pot.

Thats the answer isn't it. Causing trouble. Adding fuel the mismanagement fir .

Good eye there , J

I've seen Cousins throw for 350+ yards (and also play a stinker of a game the next week)...but at least I can judge for myself by watching him play. Marshawn Lynch was dead weight on the Bills but turned out ok in Seattle. Perhaps we should see what happens when he steps on the field?? We've seen enough CJ in the last four weeks to try an alternative.

OK? Dumbest move the a Bills ever made.

if I recall correctly it is actually tied to Stevie's production somehow because it is actually SF's pick that we got for him that we then have to Phil, and the whole thing is convoluted.

So..... it doesn't matter if it's a 3rd or a 4th because it's a pick we won't get either way? Philly is rooting for Stevie? Yes, convoluted, indeed. If it doesn't matter, then we're not holding him out to lessen compensation? A 3rd seems awfully high, but what the heck, it's not our pick. (I wish I could make myself really feel that way.... I'm trying.) I can't begin to fathom what the thought process is here. I feel like I have to be missing something...

So..... it doesn't matter if it's a 3rd or a 4th because it's a pick we won't get either way? Philly is rooting for Stevie? Yes, convoluted, indeed. If it doesn't matter, then we're not holding him out to lessen compensation? A 3rd seems awfully high, but what the heck, it's not our pick. (I wish I could make myself really feel that way.... I'm trying.) I can't begin to fathom what the thought process is here. I feel like I have to be missing something...

im sure someone has the details on the trade... But from what I remember, BOTH Stevie and Brown need to hit certain production levels for it to be a 3rd for Phil. So regardless of what Stevie does, if Brown doesn't hit his, Phil gets our 4th.

Wait I found it... And it is interesting! Looks like there is no way that we will give them a 3rd in 2015 however it could be pushed out to 2016 if brown doesn't meet the production this year. Now even more clear why he isn't playing yet. Whaley wants his 4th rounder this year.

http://www.wgr550.com/pages/9423614.php?contentType=31&contentId=2416&pid=400723

Edited by YoloinOhio

But from what I remember, BOTH Stevie and Brown need to hit certain production levels for it to be a 3rd for Phil. So regardless of what Stevie does, if Brown doesn't hit his, Phil gets our 4th.

Well, we've certainly got our end covered! Hard to hit your production numbers when your in the witness protection program.

And GO STEVIE!

Well, we've certainly got our end covered! Hard to hit your production numbers when your in the witness protection program.

And GO STEVIE!

check out the link I just added above. We probably don't pay for Brown until 2016 draft. I remember seeing this back at draft time, but forgot about the oddities.

you do realize the difference in timing of these two moves, as well as salary and positional need? Or nah...

Btw, all NFL GMs need to make moves to set up their teams for the future. Not just the "good" teams. That is how the "not yet good" teams try to become good and the "good" teams try to stay good.

Or, a certain GM was in career survival mode and started trading future picks in hopes they'd win this year. And, if Brown doesn't play this year (and it's looking like that's a no) then Whaley just traded a 4th for a guy who'll be in the final year of his deal in 2015.

Four years of Nix and Whaley. And they're still unsure how good the team is to the point they've give up 3 of their top 5 picks next year.

Or, a certain GM was in career survival mode and started trading future picks in hopes they'd win this year. And, if Brown doesn't play this year (and it's looking like that's a no) then Whaley just traded a 4th for a guy who'll be in the final year of his deal in 2015.

Four years of Nix and Whaley. And they're still unsure how good the team is to the point they've give up 3 of their top 5 picks next year.

we will have our picks 2-7, correct? We will get SF's 3rd or 4th and don't think we traded any others?

im sure someone has the details on the trade... But from what I remember, BOTH Stevie and Brown need to hit certain production levels for it to be a 3rd for Phil. So regardless of what Stevie does, if Brown doesn't hit his, Phil gets our 4th.

Wait I found it... And it is interesting! Looks like there is no way that we will give them a 3rd in 2015 however it could be pushed out to 2016 if brown doesn't meet the production this year. Now even more clear why he isn't playing yet. Whaley wants his 4th rounder this year.

http://www.wgr550.com/pages/9423614.php?contentType=31&contentId=2416&pid=400723

Whaley would trade a 4 in a heartbeat if it'd get him 1 extra win. We aren't stashing talent so it misses escalators. If we are the whole lot should be fired

Whaley would trade a 4 in a heartbeat if it'd get him 1 extra win. We aren't stashing talent so it misses escalators. If we are the whole lot should be fired

That makes sense, and with Fred extended through next year I have to read that as CJ won't be extended and Brown is up next year. But if Brown was their preference, why isn't he playing now? So, do they extend CJ? I find it all very perplexing, but I do know that if used properly CJ can be a serious weapon. The question is, at what cost?

That makes sense, and with Fred extended through next year I have to read that as CJ won't be extended and Brown is up next year. But if Brown was their preference, why isn't he playing now? So, do they extend CJ? I find it all very perplexing, but I do know that if used properly CJ can be a serious weapon. The question is, at what cost?

i think they prefer CJ/Fred but realized back at draft time they either needed to draft one or obtain one another way in case one gets hurt since they both have a role in the offense. Brown is versatile in that he can back up either one. Next year, they need to be prepared for CJ to leave and brown fits this offense.

I doubt he sees the field unless someone gets injured this year but I don't think they are using CJ correctly... Nor can he pass block. It is frustrating to watch.

I doubt he sees the field unless someone gets injured this year but I don't think they are using CJ correctly... Nor can he pass block. It is frustrating to watch.

Can we bring Thurman in as a special assistant? There is an art to the whole "RB protecting the QB" thing, and he was a master. CJ can barely slow someone down, IF he sees it coming. We need more than a small speed bump.

we will have our picks 2-7, correct? We will get SF's 3rd or 4th and don't think we traded any others?

Cleveland owns Buffalo's 1st and 4th in 2015. Buffalo owes another 4th to Philadelphia for Brown, presumably the one received for Johnson.

I suppose if Johnson's performance makes it a 3rd, the Bills will have to get creative because they don't have a second 4th. Regardless, the point remains: Buffalo, specifically Brandon and Whaley, mortgaged their future so that they might keep their jobs.

Edited by BillsVet