All-22 Review - Bills/Patriots

angryfan62

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Gronk & Brady make mince meat out of ALL teams. I guess they should all fire their coaches."

No...actually, they don't. Not this year anyways.

"I would guess that if I went into all the team chat rooms after a loss, they would be griping about the play calling."

I would also guess that to be mostly true but...You're ok with the play calling? Seriously?...How long have you been watching this team?

Edited by angryfan62

Who were the 3 interior OL NE lined up on Sunday? I would imagine most serious Bills fans couldn't even name them, yet the Bills could not put pressure on Brady (what else is new?)

The point remains that Buffalo could not take advantage of NE's personnel issues. Meanwhile, NE took full advantage of Buffalo's personnel (the result of injuries) in the secondary. It's coaching combined with bad personnel evaluation above that level.

I cannot wait for Accorsi or Wolf or someone with demonstrated success in the NFL to begin their evaluation.

The Bills had 3 pro bowlers along with Hughes against a re-worked interior offensive line yet they could not sustain any consistent pressure on Brady. Assuming its not a lack of effort, which I don't believe, this is simply unacceptable for the coaching staff not to develop a gameplan to utilize your area of strength against what is expected to be your opponents area of weakness. Yet against the Patriots the Bills, regardless of the names and faces on the coaching staff, continue to use the 'groundhog day' gameplan twice a year.

They were all over Brady in the first half...then NE went to 2-TE sets and starting keeping 7 (and 8) in to block 4...there is not 4-man front in the world that's going to get pressure against Tom Brady without mixing in different pressure packages.

No offense--comments like the above make me wonder if folks are watching the games.

Gronk & Brady make mince meat out of ALL teams. I guess they should all fire their coaches.

Interesting point...

Week 1 at Miami...Brady is 29/56 (a whopping 51.7%!!!) for 249 yds...1 TD...No INT's...Gronk has 4 catches for 40 yards and a TD...

Week 3 vs Oakland at home Brady goes 24/37 for 234 yds...1 TD...No INT's...Gronk has 3 catches for 44 yards and a TD...

Week 4 at KC Brady is 14/23 for 159 yds...1 TD...2 INT's...And Gronk gets 2 catches for 31 yds and a TD late in the game (not from Brady)...

This is not cherry picking...This was week 1, 3, and 4 THIS season...1/2 of the season so far...

So I think the statement should be that Brady and Gronk make mincemeat out of SOME teams...But more specifically they regularly make mincemeat out of the Buffalo Bills... B-)

Interesting point...

Week 1 at Miami...Brady is 29/56 (a whopping 51.7%!!!) for 249 yds...1 TD...No INT's...Gronk has 4 catches for 40 yards and a TD...

Week 3 vs Oakland at home Brady goes 24/37 for 234 yds...1 TD...No INT's...Gronk has 3 catches for 44 yards and a TD...

Week 4 at KC Brady is 14/23 for 159 yds...1 TD...2 INT's...And Gronk gets 2 catches for 31 yds and a TD late in the game (not from Brady)...

This is not cherry picking...This was week 1, 3, and 4 THIS season...1/2 of the season so far...

So I think the statement should be that Brady and Gronk make mincemeat out of SOME teams...But more specifically they regularly make mincemeat out of the Buffalo Bills... B-)

This isn't cherry picking, you just took the 3 of the games the entire Patriot team played like garbage?

What's Gronks career YPG or TDPG?

Edited by FireChan

They were all over Brady in the first half...then NE went to 2-TE sets and starting keeping 7 (and 8) in to block 4...there is not 4-man front in the world that's going to get pressure against Tom Brady without mixing in different pressure packages.

No offense--comments like the above make me wonder if folks are watching the games.

Thank-you, bandit.

GO BILLS!!!

C'mon Man! :lol:

@buffalobills

Bills fans, wish a very happy birthday to @Duke27_!

Bz_q-TjCQAAcbLd.jpg

OK, I'd sing him happy birthday...

...and THEN sit him for the rest of the year.

GO BILLS!!!

"Gronk & Brady make mince meat out of ALL teams. I guess they should all fire their coaches."

No...actually, they don't. Not this year anyways.

"I would guess that if I went into all the team chat rooms after a loss, they would be griping about the play calling."

I would also guess that to be mostly true but...You're ok with the play calling? Seriously?...How long have you been watching this team?

A little more than a half century.

As Marv said - when it works, it was the right call. I just don't believe in jumping on the bad coach bandwagon after every loss.

Sing HBD & then sit him? There's no need to punish him twice.

Hey, you never heard me sing. I've heard it described as "birdlike" and "velvet on the ears." Then again, I like the sound of fingernails on a blackboard.

One thing's for sure, my singing couldn't hurt Duke's game any.

GO BILLS!!!

That was also infuriating.

I think it was the second Bills play shown in that link where they had a 2nd and 1 and brought in summers for a run look. I immediately said they are going deep to Watkins. Revis was initially showing press coverage, and just before the snap he started back pedaling. The play never had a chance.

The difference with the Pats play calling was constantly changing it up, never knowing if first down was going to be a pass or run. Hackett needs to try that...

Schwarz had a sound gameplan to start, but after the half, the Pats decided they'd give up any pretense of running. settled into protect mode for what they saw could work downfield, and only split when they wanted to come underneath. as i, and others have been saying - you have to know coming in, the weapons your opponent has that can break the game open - and you have to try to account for that - priority #1. which is why many of us were amazed at the ease in which the Pats did what they wanted with little contention in the 2nd half

Edited by BackInDaDay

Toughest A22 of the season for me to watch because I knew by the end I would have to give most of the credit to Brady. He was playing on a different level that 2nd half - took us apart like a surgeon.

Inexcusable to have Mario and Hughes on the sidelines for the last drive.

Anyways, here's to not facing an elite QB for the next 6 weeks. :beer:

Schwarz had a sound gameplan to start, but after the half, the Pats decided they'd give up any pretense of running. settled into protect mode for what they saw could work downfield, and only split when they wanted to come underneath. as i, and others have been saying - you have to know coming in, the weapons your opponent has that can break the game open - and you have to try to account for that - priority #1. which is why many of us were amazed at the ease in which the Pats did what they wanted with little contention in the 2nd half

He has been too consistent with his second half strategy change up. and is starting to make the secondary look bad :bag:

Toughest A22 of the season for me to watch because I knew by the end I would have to give most of the credit to Brady. He was playing on a different level that 2nd half - took us apart like a surgeon.

Inexcusable to have Mario and Hughes on the sidelines for the last drive.

Anyways, here's to not facing an elite QB for the next 6 weeks. :beer:

Pinning my hopes that the team will gain some confidence and swagger back after a win against the Vikes at home.

I will stand by that the Bills were simply out coached .

Its really not an odd or suprising thought. Its also not fair to expect Marrone to beat Beelza bub. yet.

Coaching the gameday is a pretty crazy task. like i said before somehere , some of the camera shots showed Bill drawing some deep breaths. Sure they won. But he is the reigning King of the AFC east since forever

Edited by 3rdand12

This isn't cherry picking, you just took the 3 of the games the entire Patriot team played like garbage?

What's Gronks career YPG or TDPG?

The quote I responded to was that Brady and Gronk make mincemeat out of every team... That is clearly not the case...Especially so far this year...Period... They can and have been contained relatively well at times...Put any spin you want in it... The Bills continuously fail to do what some other teams have done...

That's not taking anything away from Brady and Gronk who are clearly very good and have been for some time... But simply saying they kill everyone and the Bills were just the next victims is not close to the real story...

The quote I responded to was that Brady and Gronk make mincemeat out of every team... That is clearly not the case...Especially so far this year...Period... They can and have been contained relatively well at times...Put any spin you want in it... The Bills continuously fail to do what some other teams have done...

That's not taking anything away from Brady and Gronk who are clearly very good and have been for some time... But simply saying they kill everyone and the Bills were just the next victims is not close to the real story...

So your "analysis" is to post a couple of their bad games?

To play off Gronk & Brady's dominance as a "Bills" thing exclusively is ludicrous. Ludicrous. He regularly puts up great numbers on many teams. Last year, he dominated the Jets and the Steelers. Bad defensive coaching?

The Bills were out coached in the 2nd half. And if you check the Pats second half stats vs Bills compared to first half over last several years it's clearly a trend. These teams play a close 1 st half. Come the 2nd half, one staff adjusts to what the opponent is doing and the other does not counter. BB and staff will almost always find your weakness and attack it, while making changes to neutralize your strength. They do this with maddening consistency vs Bills, who have had sub par coachng for some time now. It's inexcusable in this league to be owned by a division opponent for so long. Every Pats win is not simply bad coaching by the opponent as the teams you mentioned have managed to beat Pats in recent times. But to say the Bills don't always get outfoxed byBB and staff is not seeing reality.

To play off Gronk & Brady's dominance as a "Bills" thing exclusively is ludicrous. Ludicrous. He regularly puts up great numbers on many teams. Last year, he dominated the Jets and the Steelers. Bad defensive coaching?

Absolutely. With our defensive personnel, there is no reason why it should happen. On the critical 3rd and 15 play, Robey was covering Gronk and passed him off to Preston Brown. No pressure up the middle. Easy pitch and catch for the Pats - game over. You've got to be kidding me.