Mike Williams is A Big Problem

tonyd19

Trading Mike Williams would enormously shortsighted given the demonstrated fragility of one Marquise Goodwin. The Bills should be exploring ways to get MW more involved in gameplans in the interest of winning instead of trading him away.

This

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't want to start a thread and couldn't find a more appropriate place to ask this... But does anyone think Marrone's coaching style is to bench or demote a player to motivate them?

I think about woods from preseason being a 2nd teamer, then Mike williams being benched. Perhaps it's to light a fire under his ass?

I didn't want to start a thread and couldn't find a more appropriate place to ask this... But does anyone think Marrone's coaching style is to bench or demote a player to motivate them?

I think about woods from preseason being a 2nd teamer, then Mike williams being benched. Perhaps it's to light a fire under his ass?

it may not be his style with every player, because a good coach has to figure out how to motivate each player as differently as each person is. I do think it was a motivation tactic with MW.

That is self refuting. If it is public then it is public.

Also, who made the trade request is irrelevant. It is how the GM responded. Being "pissed" reflects badly on the entire franchise. By doing so he devalued the players talents, made himself look bad, and made the team look unprofessional. All bad.

he means there nothing outside the norm was done to hurt MW's reputation. Their was nothing announced outside of what the league requirements say.

it may not be his style with every player, because a good coach has to figure out how to motivate each player as differently as each person is. I do think it was a motivation tactic with MW.

I concur and I think that their is a personality conflict with Urbik mostly because he is one of the five best linemen we have

None of this matters if the QB is unable to get the ball tp them....might as well employ homeless guys as wideouts and save some bucks

Rudy! Rudy! Edited by SJDK

he means there nothing outside the norm was done to hurt MW's reputation. Their was nothing announced outside of what the league requirements say.

I concur and I think that their is a personality conflict with Urbik mostly because he is one of the five best linemen we have

Rudy! Rudy!

who knows whats going on there. thats more than a benching. I can't believe with the issues we've had there and the effort to fix(moving pears of all people) that we haven't given him a shot.

he was never allpro but he was definitely serviceable in the past.

Yes, all coaches should tailor they're tactics per player personality, but I feel he used a similar tactic with both.

yeah but at the end of the day the player has go to step up and make plays especially a wideout in todays game and even more so one on a team with several other good receivers.

mike has spent quite a few years on a bad team in which there was no competition for snaps and now he is on one in which there simply are no free snaps .

I don't. Who else did he represent?

His agent is Hadley Engelhard (or, Hardly Everhard as I prefer to call him ;)) and he also represented Travis Henry. He went ballistic when the Bills drafted McGahee and started looking for a trade, which he eventually got. And Mike Williams is a Buffalo boy and it wouldn't make sense for him to want a trade, when he knows what's going on in the lockerroom and can wait it out.

Kind of conflicting...

We don't know the whole story. We do know MW's history. Everyone wants to blame the coach, though.

yeah. williams is probably still a punk at heart. we just don't see the behind the scenes. Plus marrone did want to go tight end heavy against the Pats (which worked by the way), they needed ST bodies badly and Williams does not play ST - Hogan does. His explanation why he sat Williams from a football perspective made sense to me. Its a numbers game. Add to that the crap behind the scenes with Williams the person and it all makes some sense. Let it go. Its one game. send a message. these players are 20 somethings and Williams probably never had anyone sit on him. Looks like Marrone sat on him.