Final Pats TD drive: Mario & Hughes on sideline?!

Mario & Hughes were sidelined? Resting? I heard some discussion about this on radio. Marrone apparently pushed the blame on Schwartz saying that it was just their time to rotate out and that they thought Pats would just run it to kill clock. Either way, our Superstar Defensive Ends should be playing every snap of that drive. Marrone should know better than to let that happen. Who knows, that lack of pass rush could've been the factor that lost us the game.

They NEVER ran to Mario side- not ONE play- Hughes was used all day thrown inside over and over

On TV one of the announcers commented that Hughes was beating the Pats* OL with his quickness and that the best way to negate that kind of quickness advantage was to run right at him.

On TV one of the announcers commented that Hughes was beating the Pats* OL with his quickness and that the best way to negate that kind of quickness advantage was to run right at him.

You have to love in-game adjustments. We've rarely seen that in the past 15 seasons.

Mario & Hughes were sidelined? Resting? I heard some discussion about this on radio. Marrone apparently pushed the blame on Schwartz saying that it was just their time to rotate out and that they thought Pats would just run it to kill clock. Either way, our Superstar Defensive Ends should be playing every snap of that drive. Marrone should know better than to let that happen. Who knows, that lack of pass rush could've been the factor that lost us the game.

Run out the clock? That's a big fat zero on that hunch. Good teams have a different mentality, they go for the knockout. As for resting, they get six days to rest after the game is over and I'm not taking two of my best defensive players off the field unless they are physically or mentally unable to perform. That wasn't the case here.

When you hear things like this in losing efforts like this is a series of blunders, some small, some bigger, that by themselves aren't enough to lose the game but combined and put together doom you to losing. I liked the Marrone hire but am starting to reconsider my view and wonder if he's got a grip on the job.