Cleveland Browns

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair, the Browns ownership/FO did give the impression of disarray at times this offseason, but I have long maintained that their roster was very talented. They are certainly FAR better at QB than we are, and when Josh Gordon returns, their offense will be positively scary. I also recall the widespread derision here when the Browns traded Trent Richardson away for a mere first round pick.

I like the fact how they have a very good core of players and continue to stock pile high round picks (something the Bills never did)...and continue to do so at the expense of the Bills myopic tunnel vision...I like the long term vision they currently have had the last several years which casual fans hate.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

I guess Hoyer had a good game today?? But the dude only completed 8 passes! Had only 17 attempts (completed less than half). Not exactly sure how the Browns blew out the Steelers. The turnovers were even. And the Browns ran for 158 as team but only a "okay" 4.2 ypc average.

50yd Cameron TD & Big Rape int made a 7-3 game 21-3.

That makes it 54-6 in six quarters before a garbage time Pitt TD. Sucks they didn't get the sweep.

Jesus, they beat a Steelers team, a division rival, who gave the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, yes that team, their only win. The Browns just about beat the Steelers the first time around. The other 2 wins came against New Orleans, who looks horrible this season and came in the last seconds and Tennessee, who had a melt down.

They've also giving up a ton of points. One week does not a Super Bowl champ make.

Step away from the keyboard.

Edited by Wayne Cubed

Alex Mack breaks leg

The Browns are preparing to travel through the rest of this season without one of their brightest young stars.

Center Alex Mack's campaign is feared to be over after he suffered a broken lower leg in Sunday's 31-10 win over the Pittsburgh Steelers, a source told NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport.

Thanks for the love - it would be a lot more exciting if the Steelers weren't complete trash this year. But we'll take the W. I'm not getting too excited until we beat a good team, and it would be the least surprising thing in the world to lose at Jax this week. We don't have a lot of talent on the team and what we did have is either hurt (Alex Mack, Phil Taylor), suspended (Gordon) or regressed (Haden). Hoyer has played well (game manager, making key/clutch throws when needed) and the OL has been very good (especially Bitonio, but losing Mack is huge).

Regarding the Richardson trade, I don't think you can say that was a good decision yet by the now-fired FO. He played well for us his rookie year, regardless of what he has done in Indy. Because we got rid of him, we had zero running game last year. We then had to sign Tate in FA and spend a draft pick on West when we could have taken a WR. We drafted TRich at 3 and got a late 1st rounder in return. With that pick we took a guy who has yet to see the field. Time will tell.

Edited by Cleveland Rocks?

Regarding the Richardson trade, I don't think you can say that was a good decision yet by the now-fired FO. He played well for us his rookie year, regardless of what he has done in Indy. Because we got rid of him, we had zero running game last year. We then had to sign Tate in FA and spend a draft pick on West when we could have taken a WR. We drafted TRich at 3 and got a late 1st rounder in return. With that pick we took a guy who has yet to see the field. Time will tell.

That's not why you had no running game last yr and you weren't sniffing the playoffs with Wheadon anyway. That trade was a fleecing. The Tampa GM couldn't have been more right when he told Buddy Nix that the Indy guy has the greatest job in the world. He's a joke and he'll have a job for a long time for lucking into as much of a sure thing HoF QB as there ever was.

Edited by BuffOrange

That's not why you had no running game last yr and you weren't sniffing the playoffs with Wheadon anyway. That trade was a fleecing. Buddy Nix couldn't have been more right when he told the Tampa GM that the Indy guy has the greatest job in the world. He's a joke and he'll have a job for a long time for lucking into as much of a sure thing HoF QB as there ever was.

i agree on Grigson. Luck deserves better.

Currently 3-2 and just blew out the Steelers. They have a soft schedule coming up the next 4 games. Better quarterback than the Bills as well.

That was a statement win for the Browns yesterday.

Having said that, the Steelers are crap.