Chris Williams to IR

Dolphins players loved the guy. Tannehill even stuck his neck out sticking up for him at risk of being criticized for supporting a racist. It was just that jackass Martin who used the exact same language as richie, but was having a hard time ajustting to NFL (no wonder he's not very good). And blamed scapegoated Richie for his problems. If dog drowning Vick and Riley Cooper (who clearly used racist terms) can play, why can't Richie for using off color language kidding with a guy who he thought was a friend and was using the same language ?

I don't know how to say this, but I'm an Incognito "supporter." Personally, I don't think he was nearly as bad as they tried to make him sound, I think at worst he's just some jerk that we all grew up with in our locker rooms. and at best, a guy who goes a little far with his jokes. Neither of those things should keep him from playing in the NFL, especially because he's pretty good.

He's toxic right now, though. I would like him on our team because of our shoddy guard play, but I can totally see why Whaley & co may be adverse to signing him, or even if pressure exists to not sign him coming from the NFL. Especially after these latest PR disasters.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All the casuals knew was his PFF rating.

And that he was cut midseason by a team that needed him, and cleared waivers on a CHEAP contract. And that he'd never earned pay near what we have him on the open market- plus the ratings on his last year not pegging it as any change

Lets not ignore that San Diego, arguably the best team in football right now, has the 31st ranked line according to PFF. Good QB play offsets a lot of poor line play. The line somehow looked better with Orton back there, although we know he got hit plenty.

A lot might have to do with the centers they have gone thru so far, 3 I think. Believe it or not ex-Bill Doug legursky was their starting C last week before he also went out with a injury, and they are still now looking for an adequate replacement for him. Plus, most of their starting RB's are injured, Woodhead went on IR, and the starter Ryan Matthews has been out since week one.

The Chargers are pulling guys off the street to play center, and RB. Something the Bills should consider for the RG position.

We are not going to sign Incognito. Nor should we. I just wish people would stop harking back to him. It is not going to happen. With so many O-lines around the league struggling he has had what? 1 work out call?? That tells you what you need to know.

As for our guard positions. I have made the effort this year of going back and watching the coaches film on NFL game pass of every single offensive snap we have taken. I have to tell you that on what I have seen we have just lost our best offensive guard (at least in respect of pass blocking) for the season. He will be replaced by Richardson who from what I have seen has been our most effective guard in respect of opening up holes in the run game. Pears has largely struggled in both and Urbik was horrific in his outing at left guard against the Chargers. In addition to the poor guard play Eric Wood has been poor at centre. He has particularly struggled in the run game where he has got little to no push. PFF might have a different view and it's stats might well bring different conclusions... but my view is that Williams has performed as a slightly below average guard on an interior line that is struggling. Had he come back I'd have been trying to get him and Richardson in as the starting guards.... but given he is now done I don't know what we do at right guard. I'm not against trying Urbik (Marrone seems to be) but given how he played at left guard against the Chargers he would have to improve significantly to be the answer.

Edited by GunnerBill