Pats* could be missing starting C

YoloinOhio

@BenVolin: The #Patriots have options at C if Stork can't play. But it looks like Pats will have yet another OL combination this Sunday in Buffalo

This could be good news. Of course, SD was in same situation and that didn't help.

But SD's replacement line had a game together first to build some cohesiveness. If Stork doesn't play it'll be the 4th OL combo the *pats have had to rely on in 6 weeks. That's only good news for the Bills' front 4 in my mind.

but we could be missing Kyle, Bradham and Freddie.

Bradham is back (right?). I think Freddie plays, but this report does make me nervous. I would think Kyle would be back too considering he was limited in practice but running individual drills.

But SD's replacement line had a game together first to build some cohesiveness. If Stork doesn't play it'll be the 4th OL combo the *pats have had to rely on in 6 weeks. That's only good news for the Bills' front 4 in my mind.

Bradham is back (right?). I think Freddie plays, but this report does make me nervous. I would think Kyle would be back too considering he was limited in practice but running individual drills.

guessing we'll know after today's practice....Friday practice usually determines playing status..

Word is that Stork suffered a concussion in Thursday's practice. No way he plays. Brady and the Oline are going to get absolutely devoured. Stork was one of the only good things about that line.

EDIT: Pats injury report just came out and listed Brady as questionable with an ankle injury. I'm sure he'll play, but I fully expect one of our Dlineman to turn it from a sprain to a fatal break/life-threatening limb loss.

Edited by TheBillsWillRiseAgain

Maybe I'm wrong but isn't Stork already their third string center? They've had a bunch of injuries at the position, I believe.

Stork is a 2014 draftee who was injured in the preseason. The Patriots were hoping that after the Mankins trade one of the young OL would step up (Stork, Cannon, Devey, Kline, etc). Since both Wendell and Connolly were capable of playing both G and C, depending on which young OL stepped in, it would cause Wendell and Connolly to shift around. Stork is a C, which keeps the two veterans at guard. That seemed to work decently last week (though against arguably the weakest pass rush the Pats have faced so far this season).

I think of Stork, Devey, and Kline, Stork is the best interior lineman, so last week's OL is probably the best they can do. Cannon would be better served staying as swing tackle. If Stork is out, then either Devey or Kline will start at guard, with probably Connolly sliding to C. If that occurs, the biggest issue is not just straight up inside rushers, but stunts. The Pats have shown that their slightly undersized, technician based interior blocking can be vulnerable to movement inside if they are not all on the same page.