Kyle Vs Eli

Kyle vs Eli  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Do you feel Kyle is ...

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

honestly his manerisms and the way he plays IS a lot like Eli physically. Can't compare with Eli's success albeit his superbowls and frankly winning in general are due to their defense not Eli's passing game. Again physically looks a little like him and throws like him then again we have a giant like defense.......

It is certainly debatable whether Jim Kelly was as good as Eli is. Kyle Freakin' Orton?

He of 1 win, aided by 3 missed FGs, with a pick 6.

Christ....

because of course qbs win games with no help this thread is hilarious because Orton is not better than Eli but the Orton rules some of you have created are just flat out hilarious

Orton is better than EJ but let's not get carried away here.

Eli was a #1 overall pick, has 3 Pro Bowls, 2 Super Bowls, and is the Giants all time leader in passing yard and touchdowns.

Jamarcus Russell

David Carr

Sam Bradford

Michael Vick

Tim Couch

Jeff George

Vinny Testaverde

All #1 overall picks. Draft spot means nothing.

But I will agree with you that Eli is far better than Orton.

Buffalo Barbarian is possibly one of the most entertaining posters on this site.

But, back to the topic. I would take Orton, at this point, over E.Manning simply because I have not seen Manning improve in the last season or so as much as he has regressed.

The extremes this board goes to after every win or loss never fails to amaze me. If we beat the Pats next week I'm guessing he'll be compared to Peyton Manning.

If we beat the Pats this weekend, Peyton Manning will be compared to HIM!

As in, "Peyton needs to dress more like Kyle"

And "Peyton needs to grow a Kylestache"

And finally "If Peyton had Kyle's swagger hed have a ring for every finger!"

Edited by mastershake

2 SB MVP's

3 Pro Bowls (Working on a 4th this season)

32 Game winning drives

11 Playoff appearances (8-3 Record, 89.3 QBR)

5 road playoff wins in the 2 SB years

35000+ passing yards career

Never missed a start in 10 years

Plaxico doesn't shoot himself and he may have had a third ring/MVP as they were the best team in football in 2008 prior to that (11-1 record).

2010: another team very close to another SB appearance

He's looking the best he ever has in this new offense...probably has 5+ years left if he stays healthy.

Eli conversation/debate will be about the HOF when all is said and done.

/Thread?

The extremes this board goes to after every win or loss never fails to amaze me. If we beat the Pats next week I'm guessing he'll be compared to Peyton Manning.

As a silver lining, if the Pats win we'll almost certainly see a 'Tuel Time?' thread.

extremes like this are common in sports. Eli seemed to hit a wall 2 seasons ago. Orton, I think, can have Eli like success on a team where, like Eli when he won the Super Bowls, has a great D and talent surrounding him. He can thrown the ball downfield with much more accuracy than EJ, and don't forget he was playing the #1 D.

That said, comparisons are fun. no need for everyone to be making fun of the Barbarian just because he wanted to trade Mario for Skelton. Everyone has had a crazy idea like that at some point.

WHEN we beat the Pats on Sunday, I fully expect and hope to see an "Orton for MVP" post. :)

Edited by RyanC883

What game were you watching? For the better part of 3 quarters the Bills offense looked exactly like it did under EJ. Check downs, short passes and an inability to pick up 1st downs. The only accurate pass downfield that Orton made all game was the one to Goodwin (which was a fantastic pass.)

People are always too quick to jump down someone's throat and say they suck and too quick to appoint them the savior. The guy is an average - at best - QB and the Bills will win based on the strength of their defense.

> For the better part of 3 quarters the Bills offense looked exactly like it did under EJ. Check downs, short passes . . .

You can't judge what a QB does in a vacuum. You have to compare his actual accomplishment on any given play to the opportunity which existed at the time. If (for example) there's a jailbreak, the best opportunity on that particular play might be to take a sack or (at best) throw the ball away.

Orton received little or no pass protection for the vast majority of the Detroit game. Given the fact the Lions had the number 1 defense--a defense which had mostly shut down Aaron Rodgers and the Packers just two weeks earlier, that lack of pass protection should come as no surprise. Especially not to anyone even remotely familiar with the Bills' play at OG. Due to that lack of pass protection, the best opportunities Orton had on most plays were relatively short check-downs. When he was given time to throw, he generally attempted intermediate to deep passes. Passes which were accurate far more often than not.

> The only accurate pass downfield that Orton made all game was the one to Goodwin

Um, no. The above isn't even close to being true.

> People are always too quick to jump down someone's throat and say they suck and too quick to appoint them the savior.

Agreed. I hope no one will do anything crazy, like changing his screen name after just one 300 yard performance. Even if it was a 300 yard performance against the league's #1 defense. :)