My ten cents on the game....

BmarvB

Great win by the Bills. Badly needed.

1) Offense is better with Orton at the helm just on experience and better accuracy.

2) Once again, the interior of the O-Line was overmatched

3) Fred Jackson is still the heartbeat of this offense

4) I'm still not sold on Nate Hackett

5) We have a playoff caliber defense that can win 10 games with help from the offense.

6) Enough with the drive killing/sustaining penalties already!!!!

7) Spiller is back to his old bad habit of looking to bounce almost everything to the outside

8) Lions kicker should be gone by morning. Nobody goes 0-3 and keeps their job for next week.

9) Our faith in Dan Carpenter has been justified.

10) Colton Schmidt was a good pickup.

On CJ: I think we saw the beginning of the return to Chan's usage of him. He (and Fred) worked a couple nice looking screens today. With EJ at QB and inexperienced (or crappy and inexperienced) guards, that kind of fell by the wayside last year and this year. CJ is still a valuable commodity, but I do agree that we simply don't need to see him running between the tackles much anymore -- go back to viewing him as an outside option and try to get him the ball in space.

Right on about Spiller. As long as he's been here, and as long as it's proven wrong, it's been felt by the coaches and probably Spiller himself that with his speed, he should be an outside threat. Will someone please close that door! The best thing the Bills can do with Spiller is pass the ball to him in space. The more you do it successfully, the more defenses will concentrate on that possibly, which will open up other passing options.

The Scheme of the running game is predictable and doesn't work yet they call the same couple plays over and over even though everyone knows where the play is going

How about lining up under center in the I and give yourself some freaking options

Edited by Max997

Very rewarding finale. The Bills truly deserved to win this game. Had their guy made that 50 yard FG, the football gods would have crushed us once again. That 55 yard run after catch by Golden Tate was a busted play, really. The entire game we sort of stuffed them, and that play nearly ripped out my heart.

I thought the refs were absurdly bad, and they had major impact on the game. When we stopped them at their 20 and they called the penalty on Gilmore, that was bs. They both jacked with each other for about half a second then separated. Horse hockey. They kept throwing flags on our DB's that entire drive.

But the one when their guy just ransacked Sammy, and they picked up the flag? Holy what the f was that? Even the announcers said there was no doubt it was interference. They also missed 4 or 5 holding infractions on Detroit, including one major hold on Dareus on their most productive run.

Our play calling was horrific near the end. We had the ball at midfield, and on 3 plays we ran CJ up the middle for 2, threw a pass in the flat to Chandler for no gain, and then tried a 2 yard crossing pattern to Sammy. That's nonsense. We needed about 20 yards to win the game, and ended up punting. And then the 55 yard pass play.

We deserved it, but we were also quite fortunate.