2015 2nd round (or later) QB prospects

BuffaloBaumer

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would hate for the Bills to draft that guy.

You are discounted the value of the magic "grow up pill"! :-)

It's a shame to see such talent go to waste. Hopefully he gets it together. Seantrel seems to be coming around. (Knock on wood.)

So whats the deal with Hackenberg? K see a lot of fans thinking he's got a big NFL future but, from what I've seen, the Penn State offense is terrible.

big frame, strong arm, no touch.. watching him and Nova play 'who's the worst QB' during the Rutgers/PSU game made the exhibition EJ and Fitz put on look like Montana vs Marino..

Edited by BackInDaDay

Doesnt Orton have a second year guar 5 million player option.... don't think hes walking away from that. If he plays well hes the starter next season too then back to the hunt in '16.

Great, go into 2015 with Kyle Orton - sign me up for my season tix now...

The optimism for this move is too much for me.

I'd rather they not draft any QBd until they figure out what they are going to do to change their selection process.

They couldn't have spent any more time arriving at their EJM conclusion. They obviously need to revisit the formula.

They are going to leave the lights on now when the monkey throws the dart! :wallbash:

Just draft a guy who is accurate. You can't seem to teach that. Don't care if he's tall or small, if he can hit a open receiver in stride should be the number 1 litmus test.

joe Licata from the UB Bulls in 2016. There's your man. Stands in the pocket and delivers. No mobility like Rivers

You are discounted the value of the magic "grow up pill"! :-)

It's a shame to see such talent go to waste. Hopefully he gets it together. Seantrel seems to be coming around. (Knock on wood.)

I suppose I am.

Seantrel actually is a good kid who basically did not hurt anyone but himself (smoking pot, which I do not care about).

Winston on the other hand . . . .

big frame, strong arm, no touch.. watching him and Nova play 'who's the worst QB' during the Rutgers/PSU game made the exhibition EJ and Fitz put on look like Montana vs Marino..

Hack broke every Penn State QB record about 2 games into his Sophomore year. I watch him every week, and he screams NFL QB. He looks the part, and 95% of the time, he performs. Admittedly he has been pretty inaccurate the last 2 games (although that is relatively new for him).

Also, you think Buffalo's offensive line is bad? Penn State is starting 2 Freshman, a Sophmore, and 2 Juniors (total of 4 new starters this year), and is STRUGGLING. They cant run the ball worth a lick either, so they have to rely on Hack's arm, and he is starting to force it. I wouldnt judge him based on the last 2 games.

He is still only a Sophomore...but if he isnt a top 10 pick, i'll be stunned.

Seantrel actually is a good kid who basically did not hurt anyone but himself (smoking pot, which I do not care about).

Winston on the other hand . . . .

People who make the same mistake over and over again tend to scare me. I promise I'm hoping this is just a little thing from his past. Fail a test at the combine? Really??? Winston seems to feel privilege, which may to some degree go with the QB position, but it's also dangerous. What a dope, but a talented one who needs to mess up some more to drop into the second round (if he even comes out.)

Hack broke every Penn State QB record about 2 games into his Sophomore year. I watch him every week, and he screams NFL QB. He looks the part, and 95% of the time, he performs. Admittedly he has been pretty inaccurate the last 2 games (although that is relatively new for him).

Also, you think Buffalo's offensive line is bad? Penn State is starting 2 Freshman, a Sophmore, and 2 Juniors (total of 4 new starters this year), and is STRUGGLING. They cant run the ball worth a lick either, so they have to rely on Hack's arm, and he is starting to force it. I wouldnt judge him based on the last 2 games.

He is still only a Sophomore...but if he isnt a top 10 pick, i'll be stunned.

he does have at least one very good receiver who snagged a 100mph fastball thrown at his feet from 4 yards away..

he does have at least one very good receiver who snagged a 100mph fastball thrown at his feet from 4 yards away..

The receivers aren't the problem. They probably have 2-4 NFL players at WR/TE (who are mostly all FR/SO too). The problem is the OL, the lack of a running game, and (quite honestly), a scheme that doesnt fit Hack very well. Bill O'Brien ran a much better pro offense. James Franklin wants to run the wildcat and line hack up as a WR for 5-6 plays in a row.

Highlights from his true freshman year:

Edited by JimBob2232

So whats the deal with Hackenberg? K see a lot of fans thinking he's got a big NFL future but, from what I've seen, the Penn State offense is terrible.

the loss of scholarship athletes is starting to kick in, plus a new coaching staff, so things are off a bit. last year as a freshman he was great so the talent is there, it will take time to get back to normal.

The receivers aren't the problem. They probably have 2-4 NFL players at WR/TE (who are mostly all FR/SO too). The problem is the OL, the lack of a running game, and (quite honestly), a scheme that doesnt fit Hack very well. Bill O'Brien ran a much better pro offense. James Franklin wants to run the wildcat and line hack up as a WR for 5-6 plays in a row.

Highlights from his true freshman year:

That sucks, I hate how coaches try to force guys into their systems instead of fitting the scheme to the players. That is what is so great about Chip Kelly he can work with guys like Foles or Dixon and still make it work.

Even if Orton is successful, he;s a band aid to our QB issues. Without that precious 1st rounder we already gave up in a pretty nice QB laden draft, i could easily see some names fall to 2nd round.

Firstly, not all teams NEED a QB and teams dont tend to draft a 1st round QB unless they are in last yr with their guy or are in need of a QB.

There are some really good QB's out there (without the press) of the "big name" guys like Winston, Marriota etc...

1 of the guys i just love is Shane Carden from East Carolina. If he keeps playing like he has, he may end up being a 1st rounder...

Dak Prescott is making a name for himself with Miss St. just piling up yards and points. Connor Cook from Mich. St could be 2-3rd rounder (he's a Junior and i'd think he'd probably stay for senior yr).

In this day and age, even taking one of the PAC 12 and BIG 12 type QB;s who put up video game numbers weekly, can succeed in this league. Foles is perfect example of that. Guys like Sean Mannion have big arms, and good size to run these quick pace, short pass style O's that 10 years ago were viewed as just college O's but at least 8-10 teams incorporate alot of this sort of O in NFL to take advantage of 1 on 1 matchups.

I know i didnt name alot of QB;s, but those were just a few of top of my head after watching 1 of wildest College football weekends i've seen in years!!

Can't wait till game-time!!!!

GO BILLS!!!!