DirecTV and NFL

nucci

Well now that ATT has purchased Direct TV I expect customer service to suck.

Interesting. I have AT&T for mobile and my wife has Verizon mobile for her business. I have used Cingular/AT&T for several years and could not be happier with their customer service. I give them a call whenever there is an issue; they pick up quickly and then rectify it right away. Whenever my wife has problems with her Verizon account, it takes much longer to find (or wait for) the appropriate resource to address the issue and then longer to rectify it. I have also been a long-time subscriber with Directv and appreciate their customer service. Service is important to me,..so much so that I will pay more for something if I know I will receive good customer service when I need it. IMO - two good customer service organizations are merging and I hope their service remains the same.

I think prices will stay the same for a few years, However, post 2016 when the merger agreements expire who knows.

I sure hope so; I just locked into a new two year contract. The Budgetary Finance Commitee would not be happy with me if prices go up! This would require calls to DTV and if their customer service goes downhill

I just don't get why the NFL or any other league/team goes out of their way to not get their product in front of as many ppl as possible

The NFL doesn't want to upset the networks , who are the ones paying the real $$ . So they keep the t.icket a niche product by limiting subscriber access to as ingle satellite provider. This keeps the networks happy by not diluting local viewership enough to upset advertisers. The ticket will never be as widely available as fans would probably like.

As a fan living in Miami who has had DirecTV since 1996 (because of the Bills and Sabres), I am actually pleased. My service has always been great and they are always willing to offer discounts etc.

I have no complaints with DirecTV. I can still remember how pleased I was to call the local cable company in 1996 to let them know (borrowing a word from Kyle Orton) that I did not need their crappy service any more.