[closed]I feel terrible for EJ.

Tipster19

ie. Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers. those guys weren't supposed to be any better than EJ coming out of college. but they were able to learn under veteran QB's and take it all in. (Bledsoe, Favre). I love the Bills just as much as the next guy but we really screwed up taking this guy so early and tossing him into games. Hopefully he can use this as fuel to get better.

Is sitting and learning behind a veteran QB really the difference? Brady, Rogers, Manning, etc all have the ability to read a defense and make quick, attacking decisions. With accurate throws.

The difference between the franchise quarterbacks and the best backups is arm strength and aggressive decision making. Both types have to be accurate enough and read a defense well enough to be consistently effective.

You have to worry because Manuel has problems in 3/4 areas. I hope the time off allows him to regroup, excel and be the man for us. But at this point I'm not confident.

Is sitting and learning behind a veteran QB really the difference? Brady, Rogers, Manning, etc all have the ability to read a defense and make quick, attacking decisions. With accurate throws.

The difference between the franchise quarterbacks and the best backups is arm strength and aggressive decision making. Both types have to be accurate enough and read a defense well enough to be consistently effective.

You have to worry because Manuel has problems in 3/4 areas. I hope the time off allows him to regroup, excel and be the man for us. But at this point I'm not confident.

No reason to be. It's just if you get a couple of years to get down the mental side of the game, it helps when you get in on the physical side of the game. Learning both on the fly exacerbates all your deficiencies.

he's young, give him time and he'll get a chance again in Buffalo. worst comes to worse as the #2 QB

(<)14 full games is not a good measuring stick. Ask Steve Young or Brett Favre

I don't feel for him at all. He sucks as a QB, its just business.

and when Orton plays worse than EJ, what then? will you say then??

August 29, 2014 that's 4 weeks to learn the entire offense and win on the road.

he's young, give him time and he'll get a chance again in Buffalo. worst comes to worse as the #2 QB

But EJ does not ever throw like Favre, Young or any real NFL good QB, he has no zip on the ball and no accuracy. I just do not see him ever being a viable #1 QB....does not have the arm.

It's always unfortunate when a young QB is benched but sometimes, like this, its for the best. It's a business and the only thing that matters is getting results and wins. You need to play the people who give you the best chance to do that and after the last two games its clear that its not EJ at this moment.

Who's to say that this doesnt send a wake up call to EJ and in a few weeks if Orton is so/so they dont go back to him.

This may give him the shock to his system that he may need to realize he needs to stop playing scared.

CBF

It's the fact that he's such a great kid that pushed him up to an artificially high draft pick. The guy has everything except for the ONE thing he can't ever attain no matter how hard he works: being a natural passer with acceptable NFL level accuracy.

When your coaches take away scrambling ability from a guy that is good at it and has used it his whole life, it really spotlights your passing weaknesses/strengths, in the same way switching QB's will expose Hackett.

It's always unfortunate when a young QB is benched but sometimes, like this, its for the best. It's a business and the only thing that matters is getting results and wins. You need to play the people who give you the best chance to do that and after the last two games its clear that its not EJ at this moment.

Who's to say that this doesnt send a wake up call to EJ and in a few weeks if Orton is so/so they dont go back to him.

This may give him the shock to his system that he may need to realize he needs to stop playing scared.

CBF

Right. People develop at different speeds, it is not one size fits all. People forget that Favre was drafted by Atlanta and traded away-- he had many of the same problems back in the day. In the world we live in, everything has to happen instantly. Unfortunately people don't work like the internet, and it's a shame because too many people have to make snap judgments.

Edited by Casey D

I don't feel bad for EJ as a football player. I think that if he really wanted to be the best, truly and deeply in his heart, then he would find a way to be the best. If he can't then he either doesn't care enough or he simply isn't talented enough. Whatever the reason is, who cares? He can either learn to perform the job better than his competition or else lose his job. So far he can't really outplay the competition. That is all on him. He was put in a position to excel and he failed. It is primarily his own fault. Therefore there really is no reason to feel sorry for him. There are plenty of good kids who want to play in the NFL. Most don't get the chance that EJ did.

And I guarantee you Orton will perform light years better than EJ. Guaranteed!