[closed]has the QB change given you a new sense of excitement?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

He had D Thomas and Decker in Denver, went 1-4, & lost his job to Tebow.

that Tebow thing was a different animal. I'm sure his stats were worse than Ortons. That's alright. Even if he fails here, I commend Marrone and the Bills for refusing to settle for poor play and letting the next guy have a shot. It sends a good message to the team, to the fans and maybe even a free agent who might play here in the coming years.

That's the point. He is a good backup but we know what he is. We don't know what EJ is.

You are wrong about this point. It is obvious that EJ is not an NFL caliber starting quarterback right now. He is just flat out NOT GOOD ENOUGH. We may never find out what his ultimate upside is...that much I will give you....but we don't know how many more games we would have to lose to see if EJ will ever get really good. You could see the entire season go down the tubes waiting for him to bounce back.

EJ has been given chances. He isn't making the most of his chances. He had to know coming into this season that he would need to play better than this or else lose his job. His play sucked. He lost his job at least for the time being, probably longer.

What's more likely - the 31 year old improves or the 23 year old improves? They both might not improve.

But we didn't draft Orton with a 1st round pick. EJ should have had a longer leash. Especially when the backup is not a great qb himself.

I'm amazed at your position on EJ. You should watch the games again. And maybe this IS the best thing for his development.

Ask Kyle Williams and Fred Jackson how long EJ's leash should be....

Has anyone ever seen Orton play? He is a dink and dunk master. Ask Bear and Bronco fans what they think about him.

He is the master of driving down the field and settling for field goals. I swear some people are thinking of the wrong qb.

Orton is completely average. Nothing more, nothing less. Teams will play him like they play Fitz. Take away short stuff and force him to throw deep. He struggles big time to do that.

Average would have beat the Texans. Agree?

You are wrong about this point. It is obvious that EJ is not an NFL caliber starting quarterback right now. He is just flat out NOT GOOD ENOUGH. We may never find out what his ultimate upside is...that much I will give you....but we don't know how many more games we would have to lose to see if EJ will ever get really good. You could see the entire season go down the tubes waiting for him to bounce back.

EJ has been given chances. He isn't making the most of his chances. He had to know coming into this season that he would need to play better than this or else lose his job. His play sucked. He lost his job at least for the time being, probably longer.

I generally agree with all this. But In general, I think all 1st round Qbs should be given at least 2 years. Plenty of guys have had early struggles.

Average would have beat the Texans. Agree?

Agreed. But watt was destroying the Bills. Also, Orton has had his share of Texan starts in his career.

Well, that is skewed because they gave up 49 in one game.

And what's the point? In his 8th year on the NFL, Orton led an offense than average 1 more point than EJ did in his 2nd year?

The point is that you are saying he was replaced by Tebow because he was playing poorly. He was replaced by Tebow mostly because the defense was not playing well and the coach wanted a "spark". I am not saying he is the greatest QB since Montana just there is context with everything.

I'm excited. I really like EJ and still think he can be good. But he needed to ride behind a vet last year and now he's getting his chance. We still got him for 3 years after this. I think it might be good for him to sit and watch how a vet runs the offense. He's never seen that.

I've wanted Kyle to be starting QB of the Buffalo Bills for years. I know people can pull out stats disputing this, but he has always looked like a real QB to me.

Throws accurate passes, often downfield. Doesn't hold onto the football too long. Manages the game well. A pro.

Am looking forward to see what he does Sunday. I'm not going to make any predictions either way. Let's just wait and see what happens.

Last game of year for Cowboys last year (9 months ago) he threw 350+ yards and 2 TDs and 2 Ints. I know he threw pick at end, but Cowboys defense was horrendous. We got a pretty good D.

I don't care about upsides and QB development. I just want the guy that gives us the best chance to beat the Detroit Lions.

Edited by reddogblitz

I think all 1st round Qbs should be given at least 2 years.

he shouldn't have been a first round QB, he was slated for 2-3 rd and by his play should have been a 6th rd. Nix screwed us by reaching for a QB because by golly he was going to get us one before he stepped down. He should of just with his board and gone BPA, although considering the "talent" he brought here his board wasn't that good.

Yes and no. I'm excited that we might still have a chance at the playoffs this year. On the other hand, the fact that people are excited that Kyle Orton is our starting QB says a lot about how EJ Manuel has performed and how poorly Whaley's mishandling of the QB position.

this was baffling, did they really think that Lewis and Tuel were good enough, which also says a lot.

I'm not looking for pro bowl play. I just want someone to hit the guys running wide open down the field. Manuel didn't see or missed WRs too often

this....I second the motion; what we need most now is basic competence at the position - someone who can see the field, hit the open receiver, and not get said receiver decapitated in the process. If Hackett doesn't blow up each game with a crappy game plan, we might be OK