It's All Good for the Buffalo Bills

tonyd19

I really do not understand why so many people are pissed about the QB switch on these boards. There is nothing but upside in this move. EJ may eventually be a better QB than Orton, but he is not right now. The Bills just showed they are willing to do whatever it takes to win now, which should make us all happy as fans. So lets look at potential outcomes.

1) Orton becomes the second coming of Kurt Warner. With the talent on this team, he is still young enough to play for 5 or 6 years, which would give Buffalo their QB of the future and time to develop another QB, assuming they resign Orton after this year. EJ continues to develop and we have a very solid back up for the next few years and eventually EJ gets another shot sometime in the future.

2) Orton is an average QB, which makes him much better than EJ (right now) which gives us a chance at winning this season. Orton keeps us in it, EJ has some time to learn from the sidelines and comes back next year more able to lead an offense. If EJ is too delicate to handle a setback like being benched early in his career, than quite frankly, we should know now, because he will never have the mental maturity to be a quality NFL QB. Remember, Orton had a decent rookie year where he started 15 games, only to be benched in year 2. He is still playing and working. We should expect no less from EJ.

3) Orton is the exact same as EJ. In which case this season is over. Orton plays a few games until we are essentially out of the running, and then EJ comes back in to develop more. Hopefully, the experience helps him and we have our QB of the future.

4) Orton is the worst QB since B.J Hobert. in which case the season is over and EJ will come back in to develop later in the season. We then see EJ is still bad and not developing which means we are no better off than we are right now from the QB position. At least in this case you showed your veteran team that you were not sacrificing the season on the alter of letting EJ "develop" and you did everything you could right now to win. It does not matter if you like EJ or not, EJ was loosing this team, especially the receivers. if they did not change, there would have been a mutiny eventually.

So at the end of the day, I do not think anyone can argue that the Bills just improved the talent level at the QB position (right now) and the team should be better (right now) because of it. If we are not, then it does not really matter anyway, because EJ will have plenty of time to develop more when the games do not count in November.

Like EJ, dont like EJ - hard to argue this team was going nowhere fast this season with him behind center.

The dirty little secret is that nobody is really pissed about it. It's just a few embarrassed internet personas trying to save face after mocking people who dare read the writing on the wall in big bold letters no more than a week ago.

I dont think thats true. people are furious that we are 4 games in and putting a in a Qback Bills just overpaid about a month and ahalf ago.

Yes i think fans are pissed a whole lot we are in this situation

I wondered about that too. Who??

You must be on the meds # 81 :flirt: Edited by 3rdand12

I really do not understand why so many people are pissed about the QB switch on these boards. There is nothing but upside in this move. EJ may eventually be a better QB than Orton, but he is not right now. The Bills just showed they are willing to do whatever it takes to win now, which should make us all happy as fans. So lets look at potential outcomes.

1) Orton becomes the second coming of Kurt Warner. With the talent on this team, he is still young enough to play for 5 or 6 years, which would give Buffalo their QB of the future and time to develop another QB, assuming they resign Orton after this year. EJ continues to develop and we have a very solid back up for the next few years and eventually EJ gets another shot sometime in the future.

2) Orton is an average QB, which makes him much better than EJ (right now) which gives us a chance at winning this season. Orton keeps us in it, EJ has some time to learn from the sidelines and comes back next year more able to lead an offense. If EJ is too delicate to handle a setback like being benched early in his career, than quite frankly, we should know now, because he will never have the mental maturity to be a quality NFL QB. Remember, Orton had a decent rookie year where he started 15 games, only to be benched in year 2. He is still playing and working. We should expect no less from EJ.

3) Orton is the exact same as EJ. In which case this season is over. Orton plays a few games until we are essentially out of the running, and then EJ comes back in to develop more. Hopefully, the experience helps him and we have our QB of the future.

4) Orton is the worst QB since B.J Hobert. in which case the season is over and EJ will come back in to develop later in the season. We then see EJ is still bad and not developing which means we are no better off than we are right now from the QB position. At least in this case you showed your veteran team that you were not sacrificing the season on the alter of letting EJ "develop" and you did everything you could right now to win. It does not matter if you like EJ or not, EJ was loosing this team, especially the receivers. if they did not change, there would have been a mutiny eventually.

So at the end of the day, I do not think anyone can argue that the Bills just improved the talent level at the QB position (right now) and the team should be better (right now) because of it. If we are not, then it does not really matter anyway, because EJ will have plenty of time to develop more when the games do not count in November.

Like EJ, dont like EJ - hard to argue this team was going nowhere fast this season with him behind center.

Good post, Finally some balls!

Really well reasoned. It's stuff like this that makes this board worth reading.

Imwouldn't get ahead of ourselves. The Lions is a serious stretch. I also think maybe the first game is average at best trying to create synergy. I see the Pats as a possibility of a really good game for Orton as well as Vikings and so on.

This is Orton's last chance to be a starting QB.

Only time will tell.

I wanted Manuel to show enough progress to justify that he get this year to learn and develop, however even I could see that he shouldn't be playing. Still, turning to Orton is no great consolation prize. He is a nine year vet who is a career 58% passer who has a slightly positive TD to INT ratio.

I expect that he might look good for a game or two, but it will be a mirage - he is a journeyman QB. The Bills will still be at a disadvantage at QB vs 25 or more other teams a that is, Orton might be as good or better than maybe a few other starting QBs.

Agreed with every word.