body language by wrs

Tampa Bob

After every terrible throw today, you could see the frustration by our wrs. They would look back at ej like what the hell was that. I'm sure that they are getting tired of being set up to get destroyed and seeing passes that most college qbs could hit going 5 yards over their heads. And there was clearly something wrong with watkins today and it wasn't the rookie blues. I suspect that he came into the game expecting ej to lay a stinker and it impacted his day...or maybe he had something personal going on, but I bet it is the crappy, soft qb. I am pretty sure ej has lost this group.

I agree with this completely. In the WR meeting room, they had to squirm while watching footage of one of theirs (Goodwin) get drilled in the solar plexus because EJ can't properly "lead a receiver open." EJ felt guilty immediately, as he ran over to Marquise like a dad who accidentally fired one off his son's grill. And Sammy's alligator arm at the end of the SD loss was somewhat justified given his flak jacket.

Let's not forget Robert Woods made a catch Dwight Clark would be proud of in the opener when EJ threw it eight miles high. So just before the half today, EJ sets him up for a full planking hit for a 1 yard checkdown/inconsequential gain as the half basically expires? I'd be livid, too.

If Orton does not start vs. Detroit, Pegula should fire Whaley and Marrone on day one of his regime.

Edited by HankBulloughMellencamp

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Folks, Orton is terrible. He makes horrible decisions. You get nothing more from starting him over EJ, unless you want 7-9 or 8-8. This season, for better or worse, is better spent determining whether or not Manuel can figure it out. If he does, he's better than Orton. If not, well, you'd get the same results with Orton.

Ej sucks, Orton Sucks, what is the difference? Do you think for a second he could lead this team with sub par coaching deep in the playoffs? Let Ej sink himself and the staff, and then a Pegula rebuild because this staff is frigging clueless. Oh, and take Brandon with them. or make him VP in charge of ticket sales only.

Orton does not suck and neither does EJ .

Ej is simply not ready but Orton is a NFL caliber passer thats a FACT .

I cant believe people would argue they are the same and I dont think you would find a football expert in this world that believes that EJ and Orton are the same caliber passer .

EJ had us in the game with under a minute to go on the road. Almost every game is coming down to the final plays.

Great evasion of the rush & throw on the move to Williams for an 80 yard strike.

I want to see more of this. Let's let EJ loose & let him gun the ball down the field.

Spiller & Jackson are old & don't dominate like they used to. If this were 2011 I say run it, but the NFL is a passing league.

There's no reason to make EJ a game manager. If he's going down let the kid go down swinging. From this point forward I'm talking 50 plus passes per game with maybe 10-15 rushes.

Edited by Dean Cain

Folks, Orton is terrible. He makes horrible decisions. You get nothing more from starting him over EJ, unless you want 7-9 or 8-8. This season, for better or worse, is better spent determining whether or not Manuel can figure it out. If he does, he's better than Orton. If not, well, you'd get the same results with Orton.

this is based on what ? Orton just played a playoff game in Dallas after sitting the entire season and was 3-46 for 358 2 td 2 picks and and had a 7.78 ypa but if he comes here he wont be able to complete a pass and his ypa will drop to 3.2 .

Orton is not about to morph into Rodgers but the claims that he would play the same as EJ are ridiculous.

F

this is based on what ? Orton just played a playoff game in Dallas after sitting the entire season and was 3-46 for 358 2 td 2 picks and and had a 7.78 ypa but if he comes here he wont be able to complete a pass and his ypa will drop to 3.2 .

Orton is not about to morph into Rodgers but the claims that he would play the same as EJ are ridiculous.

He didn't play a playoff game. His passer rating is lower than that of Fitz,. Most of us were happy to see Fitz lose the staring job. He's an NFL caliber backup. This is my opinion. You can't say that Orton is an NFL caliber passer and call it a fact.

EJ had us in the game with under a minute to go on the road. Almost every game is coming down to the final plays.

Great evasion of the rush & throw on the move to Williams for an 80 yard strike.

I want to see more of this. Let's let EJ loose & let him gun the ball down the field.

Spiller & Jackson are old & don't dominate like they used to. If this were 2011 I say run it, but the NFL is a passing league.

There's no reason to make EJ a game manager. If he's going down let the kid go down swinging. From this point forward I'm talking 50 plus passes per game with maybe 10-15 rushes.

So turn EJ into a gunslinger? Something he has never been at any level? I think it might not be as easy as you are suggesting.

Wow .... seriously. You are giving EJ credit and basically dissing the running backs?

First the only reason it was that close is because EJ refuses to "gun it" he also is to scared to "run it".

Clearly sarcasm

Orton does not suck and neither does EJ .

Ej is simply not ready but Orton is a NFL caliber passer thats a FACT .

I cant believe people would argue they are the same and I dont think you would find a football expert in this world that believes that EJ and Orton are the same caliber passer .

No Orton does suck and that's a fact. He is not an NFL caliber anything but a clipboard holder.

F

He didn't play a playoff game. His passer rating is lower than that of Fitz,. Most of us were happy to see Fitz lose the staring job. He's an NFL caliber backup. This is my opinion. You can't say that Orton is an NFL caliber passer and call it a fact.

It wasn't a playoff game it was a play in game thats my bad

His passer rating is not lower than Fitz

I can say that he is a nfl caliber PASSER and call it a fact because I would call anyone with back to back 3500+ seasons in the NFL as being a NFL caliber passer. The fact that you think he is backup has no bearing whatsoever on his ability to throw the ball which is what is in question .

the fact that people try and argue this stuff is hilarious

No Orton does suck and that's a fact. He is not an NFL caliber anything but a clipboard holder.

And if we cut him today how many teams would call this guy who is not NFL caliber anything ? When people wont even admit obvious facts it hard to even take it seriously

It wasn't a playoff game it was a play in game thats my bad

His passer rating is not lower than Fitz

I can say that he is a nfl caliber PASSER and call it a fact because I would call anyone with back to back 3500+ seasons in the NFL as being a NFL caliber passer. The fact that you think he is backup has no bearing whatsoever on his ability to throw the ball which is what is in question .

the fact that people try and argue this stuff is hilarious

And if we cut him today how many teams would call this guy who is not NFL caliber anything ? When people wont even admit obvious facts it hard to even take it seriously

They point to his W-L record and say he isn't good without taking into consideration the teams he played on.

Well EJ sure hasn't looked good these past few games, I find it really hard to pin it on him. The offensive line has been absolutely terrible and so has the running game.

If you can't pin THIS on EJ, you never will.

He missed wide open WRs with clean pockets, failed repeatedly in clutch situations and fed the JJ Watt media machine.

It's time, my friend.

Maybe the receivers were upset about their stone hands and their inability to turn their heads around. Not excusing Manuel but the receivers were terrible and couldn't make a play to save their damn lives. Say all you want about Manuels inaccuracy and you'll be right but he at least made a couple of plays. Not sure why the WRs, TEs and the horrid O line are getting passes.

Didn't watch the game live, but listened to the Sirius Texans feed. Even the homer announcers didn't sit easy with the game and said EJ missed some pretty open WRs. Will have to catch the all- 22.

But again, bigger part of the blame is with the Dougs, not EJ.

BTW, are people still going to be pointing to the record in excusing the team's play?

Maybe the receivers were upset about their stone hands and their inability to turn their heads around. Not excusing Manuel but the receivers were terrible and couldn't make a play to save their damn lives. Say all you want about Manuels inaccuracy and you'll be right but he at least made a couple of plays. Not sure why the WRs, TEs and the horrid O line are getting passes.

I agree there were some drops by the WRs. But I think some of those "Drops" were also scrapped out by the defenders. I do not have all 22 but I would be interested if someone could check that out.

Didn't watch the game live, but listened to the Sirius Texans feed. Even the homer announcers didn't sit easy with the game and said EJ missed some pretty open WRs. Will have to catch the all- 22.

But again, bigger part of the blame is with the Dougs, not EJ.

BTW, are people still going to be pointing to the record in excusing the team's play?

Of course, they are still in second place in the AFC East right?

Audibles would go a long way... I feel like we waste time outs when we should be checking out of a play.

Also scrap the all shotgun, I feel like we can't run outside. Everything's just a draw or a trap up the middle.

Doesn't have to be this college gimmick crap. Play action out of those formations is much more effective, and gets him moving where he seems to make more plays.