Week 5: Who should be the starting QB?

Dorkington

Week 5: Who should be the starting QB?  

194 members have voted

1. 1. Who should start against the Lions?

• EJ Manuel
    • Kyle Orton

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As I've said elsewhere...

Ideally I'd like to stick to developing EJ, since I don't know if Orton is any good. BUT, we also have too much talent on this team to waste... so I'm wondering if we should give Orton a couple weeks to see if we are any more successful in moving the ball. If not, then let EJ start and continue to work on improving through experience.

My answer is very unstable at the moment, though. Not really sure what to think.

As I've said elsewhere...

Ideally I'd like to stick to developing EJ, since I don't know if Orton is any good. BUT, we also have too much talent on this team to waste... so I'm wondering if we should give Orton a couple weeks to see if we are any more successful in moving the ball. If not, then let EJ start and continue to work on improving through experience.

My answer is very unstable at the moment, though. Not really sure what to think.

Im in the exact same boat. I can argue either point. For EJ i can simply say we're 2-2 and its still early and hes still developing/young etc.

For orton i can say EJ is regressing, there is way too much talent on this team, we're still 2-2 so if we're going to make a change, make it now so it can have a positive impact.

Tough decision.

it seems like only 2 weeks ago everybody on the board loved EJ. He had turned the corner and was on his way to establishing himself as a long term NFL starter

Oh, that was only 2 weeks ago :doh:

Unless he gets injured, EJ is the starting QB. His fate is tied to Marrone, especially with a new owner coming in next season.

I'm torn...As a FSU Grad and the fact he's still essentially a rookie...I was holding out hope for EJ...but...He's not getting it done....Receivers are wide open and he can't get them the ball. There is too much talent here and we deserve to see what Orton can do. Until EJ fires it in there instead of aiming it...See what Orton an do.

I stand by what I said last week.

Me too.

Doesn't matter. Neither will be playing O line.

Can't run the ball.

Unless they make EJ an option QB - second coming of Vick.

That might fit his game.

EJ shares none of the athletic qualities possessed by Vick.

Orton is so much better than EJ it's ridiculous.

Orton might not be rogers, but he is definitely capable of making basic plays that EVERY qb is capable of making. We could actually win consistently with him. The change must happen before the season is shot. Leave ej in for 2 more games and it's over. Make the change now and we have a real shot at playoffs.

Orton will do no better than Ej.

Ej's our guy til they draft and develop someone better.

Completely disagree. I have seen Orton play and he is way more able to hit open receivers than EJ. LIke Fitz, EJ seems to be a nice guy, just can't play QB.

Doesn't matter. Neither will be playing O line.

Can't run the ball.

Unless they make EJ an option QB - second coming of Vick.

That might fit his game.

It wasn't the O-line that was missing wide open receivers and throwing the ball right at Watt from the 12 yard line. That would be EJ and Orton IMO would not do that. He has a history of being able to manage a game and not making big mistakes. And hell, he can't be any worse at hitting wide open receivers. I say give him a shot. Sit EJ down and let him watch for awhile. Maybe he can come back and be better, but right now he is just plain inept.

it seems like only 2 weeks ago everybody on the board loved EJ. He had turned the corner and was on his way to establishing himself as a long term NFL starter

Oh, that was only 2 weeks ago :doh:

Unless he gets injured, EJ is the starting QB. His fate is tied to Marrone, especially with a new owner coming in next season.

Well that wasn't what I was reading.