The "experts" take - Bills at Texans

CodeMonkey

Thanks for the link 26!! It reminded me of the year that Jason Peters was coming off of his 1st Pro Bowl season and Marshall Faulk said the Bills biggest need was LT. That was about the only thing that they DIDN'T need (besides RB).

I remember that as well...it was the exact moment that I realized that many former players that now "work" as analysts do very little actual research on individual teams and often shoot from the hip.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember that as well...it was the exact moment that I realized that many former players that now "work" as analysts do very little actual research on individual teams and often shoot from the hip.

I don't mind disagreeing with them. If someone said that Chandler was a top 20 TE I would disagree but can understand the argument (based on numbers). If someone said that the Bills needed to upgrade they DTs I would never respect that person's opinion on anything ever again.

I don't mind disagreeing with them. If someone said that Chandler was a top 20 TE I would disagree but can understand the argument (based on numbers). If someone said that the Bills needed to upgrade they DTs I would never respect that person's opinion on anything ever again.

Exactly. That's simply mailing it in for someone that gets paid to analyze the game.

Thanks for the link 26!! It reminded me of the year that Jason Peters was coming off of his 1st Pro Bowl season and Marshall Faulk said the Bills biggest need was LT. That was about the only thing that they DIDN'T need (besides RB).

I get mad every time I see that little no-nothing clown and it started the day I heard that!

Let's not act like Fitz never has good games. In fact, I'd say he's about a 50/50 guy. Bad Fitz showed up last week for the Texans, we shouldn't expect bad Fitz to show up this week.

It's not going to be an easy game, and there's absolutely no guarantee of victory, especially on the road.

Let's not act like Fitz never has good games. In fact, I'd say he's about a 50/50 guy. Bad Fitz showed up last week for the Texans, we shouldn't expect bad Fitz to show up this week.

It's not going to be an easy game, and there's absolutely no guarantee of victory, especially on the road.

I don't think that anyone is saying that. What we are saying that playing mistake free football isn't his forte. He is a gunslinger that makes plays and mistakes. EJ is a game manager that doesn't make many plays or mistakes. Anyone that thinks the exact opposite (as the guy at PFT suggests) is just wrong. He lost a ton of credibility in 2 sentences IMO.

Houston did draft #1 last year, so I wouldn't count them out for failing to hold their house.

But their number one pick is out.

How do you know how good/bad any of those teams are?(With the exception of the Raiders who are obviously a bad team)

It's still too early to tell if the Redskin or Giants are "really terrible teams".

You forgot the Texans are playing the Bills. Have you watched the Bills the past decade? We always suck so I don't really understand your point.

Exactly what I've been trying to say! If we lose this game it's all Gregg Williams and Aaron Maybin's fault. Don't forget that damn Rob Johnson.

Seems to me the game plan should be run first-pass second. Houston has trouble with the run game, we have a darn good running back triple threat and our line seems to run block better than they pass block. A good run game goes a long way toward a favorable time of possession. Our receivers had better perform better if they want the ball thrown their way, and our line had better think about pass-blocking in those few occasions where we do pass the ball. If we win we will dominate on the ground and have excellent time of possession. Bills 27-Texans-21.

Just to compare this season, Fitz has 4tds and 3int compared to EJs 3td and 1int. We're only three games into the season, but that's par for the course for Fitz. He's a gunslinger without the gun.

Yea, and EJ has a gun but doesn't know how to shoot it.

The game will depend on the time of the month for EJ. If he is having his period, he probably won't play well with his hormones acting up and all.

Seriously, our offense is so one dimensional without a QB that can/will throw a ball to a WR 10 yards past the line of scrimmage. After all the BS talk about having speed at the wide-out position, how high Williams can jump, Hogan is always open, Goodwin is so fast, Sammy catches everything, Sammy is fast, Sammy is this Sammy is that ...

As a unit, they quit at home against San Diego. It's no coincidence that Lee Evans led the veteran charge Sunday. Lee must have showed them how to quit.

The Bills WR corp is the absolute worst in the league.

Buff WRs - 26 catches 319 yards 1 TD in 3 games. (Watkins 13; Woods 8; Williams 5) (Goodwin, Hogan & Easley -- zero catches)

Haha on the lee evans comment! That was good. I couldn't stand him.

And the Bills have beat a Bears team that is 2-1 and almost lost to S.F(1-2) and the Jets(1-2). And the Phins (1-2).

My point is the Bills have really done squat so far. Well maybe a little but not nearly enough to get big for their britches.

Without even breaking it down and just watching. Your last sentence is obvious. Overconfidence gets you beat

So, if I understand correctly according to TBD... Our QB sucks, our OL sucks, our WRs suck, our TEs suck, CJ sucks, and our CBs/DBs suck.

We only have strength at all of 4 positions, yet we are 2-1. Man, the rest of the league must really suck.

The QB is not good, OL average, CBs average (if you include Graham), CJ is fine if you get him the ball in space, WRs are fine if you get them the ball period, and our TEs suck. Edited by Kirby Jackson

No, what do you disagree with? Keep in mind there are 32 teams so average would be around 16.

Well, if the QB sucks, and the main RB doesn't get into space (we'll run him up the gut until he pukes), and our WRs suck (because they don't get the ball, because the QB sucks) and the TE sucks... not really sure what that leaves us for offense. I predict a 4-12 record based on expert analysis of TBD.