Article on Fox News ranking tailgating cities.

CodeMonkey

its not about being over sensitive. It's about being real.

Buffalo is far from NYC or Chicago. Hell, even Miami or SD. But here's a lost of other cities in the league that really aren't much different.

Cleveland

Cincinnati

Green Bay

St. Louis

Indianapolis

Jacksonville

Tampa Bay

Pittsburgh

Kansas City

Carolina

I've been to, or through almost all of those cities and don't see much different from the limited time I spent there.

Oh, I'm sure I'll get some overly sensitive people stating I'm not even close. But then again, that's what you just said to me.

um...take Charlotte and Tampa off of that list....they do circles around Buffalo...

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

here. I'll do what you did to me only exactly opposite. If your from Buffalo and don't get offended by all the national media outlets, the snobs like Tom Brady, and other idiots like Willis McGahee, and Donte Witner then you have no love for your city. No passion. No drive.

There. It goes that way too.

You can't honestly stand there thinking the city is on the rise but not get bothered by some idiot who's never even been here calling it a dying city.

I'm not bothered by it, and won't be bothered by any other person going forward who randomly takes a shot at Buffalo . It doesn't make me love WNY any less. If you choose to get your panties in a wad over it, that is your prerogative.

Man you would blow a gasket living in Alaska. I can't guess how many times I've been asked how can you live in 6 months of darkness. I just blow it off and say that's not right. If they don't believe me that's great. One less lower 48 dick head coming here.

i have a problem getting along with people as it is Jim. So chances are I'd hate it. Yeah.

I'll never forget when I loved in Vegas and people would ask where I was from and is say Biffalo and their responses were immediately "so like Canada??" Yeah. Now maybe others can see why I get so pissed off.

um...take Charlotte and Tampa off of that list....they do circles around Buffalo...

ive been to bother Charlotte and Tampa as I've got friends that live there. Honestly, besides the nicer weather year round, I didn't find much to speak of that was phenomenal. Of course anyone can say that about Buffalo as well but that goes to my point I've said for years. It doesn't matter where you live, eventually you experience most of the big things your city has to offer and it's just another city and the luster has worn off.

I'm not bothered by it, and won't be bothered by any other person going forward who randomly takes a shot at Buffalo . It doesn't make me love WNY any less. If you choose to get your panties in a wad over it, that is your prerogative.

thays great. Your a bigger man than me. Grats.

i have a problem getting along with people as it is Jim. So chances are I'd hate it. Yeah.

I'll never forget when I loved in Vegas and people would ask where I was from and is say Biffalo and their responses were immediately "so like Canada??" Yeah. Now maybe others can see why I get so pissed off.

Well when I first moved to Alaska some of the locales said "You'll never make it though winter. Where you from?" When I would say Buffalo you could see the shift in their eyes oops wrong guy to question about handling winter. I was proud of it really.

Well when I first moved to Alaska some of the locales said "You'll never make it though winter. Where you from?" When I would say Buffalo you could see the shift in their eyes oops wrong guy to question about handling winter. I was proud of it really.

lol. Funny

Eh. I like Charlotte and spent a lot of time there (had an ex there) but besides better looking women and weather, it's always been pretty generic to me. There are no great local restaurants, the sports atmosphere sucks, and it's not really that amazing of a party city. Nice area but nothing special IMO.

Eh. I like Charlotte and spent a lot of time there (had an ex there) but besides better looking women and weather, it's always been pretty generic to me. There are no great local restaurants, the sports atmosphere sucks, and it's not really that amazing of a party city. Nice area but nothing special IMO.

thats where I'm at. And Tampa is just full of old folks

1. I hate when people call them Buffalo Wings. I've heard everything from, "do Buffalps really have wings" to "they're called Buffalo wings becaise of the sauce that's BBQ and hot saice mixed". They're just wings people. Or chicken wings. How freaking hard is that???

Of course Buffalo don't have wings, but I think they are called Buffalo wings because that's where this style wing was first made...at the Anchor Bar in Buffalo.

1. I hate when people call them Buffalo Wings. I've heard everything from, "do Buffalps really have wings" to "they're called Buffalo wings becaise of the sauce that's BBQ and hot saice mixed". They're just wings people. Or chicken wings. How freaking hard is that???

Of course Buffalo don't have wings, but I think they are called Buffalo wings because that's where this style wing was first made...at the Anchor Bar in Buffalo.

The first time I heard of "Buffalo Wings" is when I went away to college. My college friends were giving me crap about Buffalo, saying the city had nothing to offer. Then one kid said there was ONE thing good from Buffalo: Buffalo Wings. At that time (1977), no one knew what he was talking about - including me.

It's Fox News so people shouldn't care. And yes people in Buffalo are sensitive. But I kinda love that. Why take a shot at us in what could be a positive article?

For the most part, you can a lot of things in Buffalo that you can do anywhere else. You just have to leave your hotel room.

I knew the Fox News comment was coming from someone. Thank you for not disappointing me.

I knew the Fox News comment was coming from someone. Thank you for not disappointing me.

Haha. They're a joke. They can't even get the right picture for the Bills tailgate. The only bigger jokes are people who go to them for news. I think the same thing about all cable news. They don't just report facts, they try to sway opinion. Those news stations help divide the country because too many people can't make their own decisions on things.

Haha. They're a joke. They can't even get the right picture for the Bills tailgate. The only bigger jokes are people who go to them for news. I think the same thing about all cable news. They don't just report facts, they try to sway opinion. Those news stations help divide the country because too many people can't make their own decisions on things.

Gee so you don't like Fox News? I won't debate you on the merits of various news outlets because this is a Buffalo Bills forum, but your response made me laugh. It sounds like a talking point from the Democratic party. And like I said, I knew that there would be at least one person that had to disparage Fox News instead of enjoying the #2 ranking.

Gee so you don't like Fox News? I won't debate you on the merits of various news outlets because this is a Buffalo Bills forum, but your response made me laugh. It sounds like a talking point from the Democratic party. And like I said, I knew that there would be at least one person that had to disparage Fox News instead of enjoying the #2 ranking.

Because I don't like Fox News I have to be a Democratic? Is that the go to move? Because I don't watch CNN, MSN, etc. either. I think they all suck and I can recognize a good news source from a bad one.

But anyways, go Bills!

Because I don't like Fox News I have to be a Democratic? Is that the go to move? Because I don't watch CNN, MSN, etc. either. I think they all suck and I can recognize a good news source from a bad one.

But anyways, go Bills!

I didn't say you were a Democrat. I said your respone sounded like talking points from the Democratic Party. Just curious, how do you know if they are a good news source if you don't watch? And by the way, there is a difference between reporting the news on a network and the opinon shows that are also on cable news networks. They are not reporting the news on those shows, but they are talking about it and stating their opinions. If you don't agree with their opinion then fine, that is your right, but please don't confuse it with actual news reporting. Regardless, we can agree that we want the Bills to win this week and I am done talking about the news. This thread was about Buffalo getting a #2 ranking as one of the best tailgaiting cities in the country. That is a pretty good thing IMO.

The first time I heard of "Buffalo Wings" is when I went away to college. My college friends were giving me crap about Buffalo, saying the city had nothing to offer. Then one kid said there was ONE thing good from Buffalo: Buffalo Wings. At that time (1977), no one knew what he was talking about - including me.

I remember after going to collage being back home in the small town I grew up in, and ordered wings to go from a little sub shop. Get them home and open up the container, it was a couple full size drumsticks and wings. Not the small size we are used to. But at least they were made right.