After We Crush San Diego

The win against Chicago on the road was a very impressive win, especially pulling out a close game like that. Last week's win was obviously not as impressive considering a weaker opponent at home with all the momentum of the week with the sale of the team and pre-game ceremonies..

I don't anticipate a blowout this weekend, I think Philip Rivers will keep them in the game but, I think we will win.

Unfortunately, the experts will most likely chalk up the victory to a west coast team playing at 1pm on the east coast and San Diego's injuries.

It was only a few years ago that we started out the season really well and then finished 6-10, and I think we will be reminded of that when experts power rank us. We will need to enter the bye week atleast 6-2 to get the recognition of a competitive team. Don't forget that 3 of our last 4 games look to be pretty tough matchups.

Edited by Matteboots

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think beating Chicago in Chicago is harder than beating San Diego in Buffalo. I know it has been only 2 games, but it just has a different feel to it.

It really all depends.

Right now you have a Chicago team that beat San Fran in San Fran and a Miami team that beat N.E at home as the Bill's wins.

San Diego beat Seattle who up to last Sunday looked like the second coming of the 85 Bears.

Lets see what happens this week. Regardless i am not getting to excited after 3 weeks, been there in 2008 and 2011.

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

I think a blowout would be great, but i would also love to see a come from behind win where EJ is throwing down field and making big plays with confidence. I know, he's flahsed it (Carolina), but we're gunna need that typeof play from our O to be really good

For those who think we get "no respect" Stephen A Smith picked us to win.

You mean the guy that once said he didn't understand why teams didn't try field goals on third down, because if they missed they could try again on fourth. That Stephen A. Smith?

Other teams aren't fans, they're professional football players and coaches. If they think your team sucks, it probably does.

Yeah because to have the ability to determine a good team from a bad team in the NFL takes some magical, special skills. I mean, it's so damn complicated to figure this football stuff out.....it's like figuring out quantum physics, only one billion times easier.

i feel a bit different this year. I think this team and organization are on the upswing, whether or not they win tomorrow.

I was (half) kidding. I feel very differently about this team and how it's been built. There's still a question to some degree at a certain critical position, but I trust this group to find talent and get it on the field. They won't bat a thousand, but they hit more than they miss. It's hard to define, but they have a different feel and I think they are deeper and mentally tougher. I hate to say it out loud because,as someone else mentioned, it does tend to come back and bite you in the arse!

Edited by Augie

I think we need to play well at least into November to start getting respect. That was about the time we started falling apart the last two seaons where we started strong. Assuming we can keep up this strong start, November will be the month that should tell us whether this team really is different or whether this is just another 2008/2011.

You mean the guy that once said he didn't understand why teams didn't try field goals on third down, because if they missed they could try again on fourth. That Stephen A. Smith?

Yep. I never understood why fans got angry because we don't get "respect," from such luminaries.

not going to happen

but sure if the Bills blow out the Chargers i will begin to buy in more. Each win i will believe more and more. For now my excitement does not really start until the Bills are maybe like 9-4 and tied for first. Then i will really put my entire heart into it and let them break it again! ha

i'll breathe once we've made the playoffs haha

The Bills played much better at home then on the road last year.

I'd say that just the early start, and traveling coast to coast has to take something out of the Chargers.

That said, i hope ya didn't jinx this game with that thread title....

Yeah, cuz that's how the universe works. Take all the accountability away from those responsible for their destiny. Blame it on superstition. Maybe for you sir, but not I.

Yeah, cuz that's how the universe works. Take all the accountability away from those responsible for their destiny. Blame it on superstition. Maybe for you sir, but not I.

You were saying?

**I'm not making a new post to feed this troll. Its fans like you (OP) that degrade other Bills fans over nothing speaks volumes about the karma for this team.**

I've known college graduates to superstitiously not shave themselves for weeks, not change their smelly socks, clothes, special undershirt because they won a game, and didn't want to jinx it for the next game. Fans do crazy stuff all the time thinking that they have some special influence on the outcome of the game. But just keep calling other Bills fans names, if that works for you.

Edited by FeartheLosing