Is Tom Brady on the Decline - Beginning of the End ?

ganesh

My hope is that one of our LB's hit Brady with a good clean hit and it is his last game.

I don't. I don't ever want to see a player end their career due to an injury. It's an awful thing to wish for whether a clean hit or not. moats nailed Favre in Buffalo, but he was done anyway at age 42.

In addition, Brady is not declining at all. He had a bad game in weather that had 110 heat index. His line was gased by the end of the game against a team that has racticed in god awful heat all through July. I can't describe to you guys in Buffalo how hot it is down here in the summer. I laugh when people complain of humidity, just like a person complains to you about the cold when you deal with the snow belt.

Brady will decline someday, but not now. Now, I wouldn't mind abusing the guy with a bunch of clean tough hits like the Ravens did against them in the wildcard a few years ago.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We will agree to disagree that Brady will finish up with 55% completions and 5ypa

I'm not saying he's at his peak but those are poor numbers for a backup.

NoSaint sorry I didn't mean his numbers wouldn't improve as the year went on, I totally agree they will. I don't believe they will improve anywhere near Brady-like numbers is what I meant. I didn't state that very well my bad.

I agree with the poster who said the Broncos have gone about it the right way, putting lots of talented WRs around Peyton. I think everyone will agree Peytons arm isn't what it used to be. But that doesn't mean he still can't be great. His situational knowledge and reading of defenses is invaluable. How he runs the offense. He has explosive playmakers to take advantage of situations and defenses. Guys get open....

+1

Also, good move by Peyton going to lighter air to bolster his arm strength as he gets older. Sure, it's only 8 games but anything/everything helps.

I've been amazed t how little talent they surround him with since they traded moss. Ridley and Vareen are fine players but he needs more help than Julian Edelman at receiver. Gronk is all but done physically. He is just not the same

Correct between the top 5 active QBs he probably had the most talented and least talented teams. It seems like for Brady it's been all or nothing.

I think it has more to do with the personnel around him than with his phyisical abilities. I don't see a drastic change in his arm strength or his accuracy. What I do see is a drastic increase in dropped passes, route miscommunications and defensive pressure. When you have a poor man's Wes Welker and a poor man's Aaron Hernandez and a poor man's Logan Mankins, eventually you get poor results.

That being said, they (Brady and Belicheck) always seem to find a way to win more games than us, and for that reason I will never underestimate them.

NoSaint sorry I didn't mean his numbers wouldn't improve as the year went on, I totally agree they will. I don't believe they will improve anywhere near Brady-like numbers is what I meant. I didn't state that very well my bad.

Fair enough- I don't think anyone would argue he's just hitting his peak, so I think we all agree his in some form of decline... But I think reports of it are exaggerated by our hope that he's done. Truly, I think they reload one last time and try to get a last ring with BB and Brady. By my count, barring injury, Brady probably has 3 or so years as a top tier qb, even if he's not playing like an all time great the whole way. When your as good as he was/is you can take a few steps back and still be better than most.