Cardinals’ Dwyer in domestic violence incident: Placed on NFI List

26CornerBlitz

Reports: Cardinals’ Jonathan Dwyer in domestic violence incident: http://profootballta...cident/related/

Another NFL player is facing a domestic violence accusation.

Cardinals running back Jonathan Dwyer has been accused of domestic violence stemming from an incident with his wife, according to Tyler Baldwin of 3 TV in Phoenix. That report says the fight with his wife happened “a while ago,” but she kept records of her injuries. Phoenix TV station KTAR reports that Dwyer was pulled from practice today and questioned at Phoenix Police headquarters.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This will turn ugly for the NFL very fast...not that this case is fabricated, but when the first case of a false DV matter is discovered, everyone will scream "rush to judgment". There will be blackmailing, jilted lovers and crazy ex's lining up to get fame or fortune. (Again, I am not talking about the Rice woman , AP's kids or even this woman....but you know there will be opportunists out there).

This will turn ugly for the NFL very fast...not that this case is fabricated, but when the first case of a false DV matter is discovered, everyone will scream "rush to judgment". There will be blackmailing, jilted lovers and crazy ex's lining up to get fame or fortune. (Again, I am not talking about the Rice woman , AP's kids or even this woman....but you know there will be opportunists out there).

It's a tough spot when an employer takes on justice morality and activism. Especially with a zero tolerance policy on crimes our court system struggles with for a variety of reasons including those you mention.

No one has mentioned that maybe the woman was empowered . By the newfound awareness and scrutiny of domestic violence.

Maybe thats a good thing .

The haters might say that she is gold digging I suppose.

But i would wish and hope all this noise about brutalizing a family member physically and or emotionally might change the tide of society.

Even just a teeny weenie bit towards the good and right .

It certainly has folks talking at least. its not just football , of course .

@jessicajbenson

This perfectly highlights the ugly truth of domestic violence in the NFL: Via @MichaelDavSmith for NBC Sports

BxxOfqjCYAA4-WN.jpg

:doh:

I love how she takes it as a given that the NFL should seek to purge its ranks of anyone classified as a "domestic abuser." One must wonder if abusers of the non-domestic variety are acceptable. And what level of "domestic abuse" triggers the "zero tolerance" policy.

They've painted themselves into an unworkable corner with knee jerk reactions to overhyped stories and it's looking like it's soon to hit the fan.

It's a tough call for all parties involved. Agreed.

But it shouldn't be should It ?

It's rarely a one sided way of life.

Just a shame that there has been an unsaid acceptance of this reality at a societal level. and NFL football needs to bring it to the forefront ! By accident even

Edited by 3rdand12

No one has mentioned that maybe the woman was empowered . By the newfound awareness and scrutiny of domestic violence.

But i would wish and hope all this noise about brutalizing a family member physically and or emotionally might change the tide of society.

What's funny is that none of us know which of those scenarios is accurate, but many have already picked the one that fits our prejudice.

Yes, there are real issues to deal with as Fergy points out, but clearly our society, and the NFL, has ignored DV for way too long. Maybe this bloodletting is what the NFL needs to finally wake up and stop drafting guys it knows are bad people. Maybe they'll finally get the message that you don't ignore all the flags and draft Lawrence Phillips at #6 and that Aaron Hernandez is not 'value' in the fourth round. Once the NFL banishes these guys for life, maybe we'll start to see a change in college and on down the line.

I say !@#$ it....bring on the lynch mob. Change is good. Who's next?

Reports: Cardinals’ Jonathan Dwyer in domestic violence incident: http://profootballta...cident/related/

So we were on to something when we were after high "character" guys. Look at how bad the se teams and the NFL look with all these delta bravos around the league. Not our Bills because our boys are squeeky clean :rolleyes:

So your first reaction to another woman having the **** beat out of her is that it was probably fabricated. You sir, are a scumbag.

There is a black-and-white way to deal with this issue.

If you are convicted of a domestic violence criminal offense, you get punished. If you are not convicted, you don't.

Seems easy. Really it's what the nfl always used. With the penalty falling right around 2 games.

Then we started comparing it to 3rd strike drug offenses and talking about zero tolerance on accusations.

Really, it's wearing me out feeling like I'm somehow defending these guys, when in reality I'm just not a fan of social media mobs

So your first reaction to another woman having the **** beat out of her is that it was probably fabricated. You sir, are a scumbag.

Frankly, your the one way out of line. Bbf simply spoke on the state of nfl punishments in these situations and the concerns he had with the new policies teams are taking. He very explicitly did not call her a liar, and simply was wondering if "justice" as is being doled out would at some point claim someone innocent.

It's terrible that it happens in thousands of homes every night - I can't shed a tear and light a candle for every victim (simply far too many) but i can discuss fair and just ways to help the situation

Edited by NoSaint