Power rankings thread- post them here

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://charlotte.cbs...ankings-week-5/

6. Lions (3-1) After a setback in Week 2 in Carolina, this team has performed well in the subsequent weeks with wins at home over the Packers and on the road against the Jets. While the latter isn’t the most formidable opponent, the Jets are actually a respectable team in their place. Now, Ndamukong Suh, Nick Fairley and the boys on the Detroit D-Line will welcome the Neck Beard in with open arms. Say a prayer for Mr. Orton this week when you get a chance.

26. Bills (2-2) So, remember when this team was 2-0? Those were the days, huh? Two consecutive losses later and the Bills solution is to start Kyle Orton…. Kyle Orton!!! I’m not sure anyone was seriously buying this team after the 2-0 start, now selling their fans on the idea that this is the best move will be a seriously tough pitch.

6. Lions (3-1) After a setback in Week 2 in Carolina, this team has performed well in the subsequent weeks with wins at home over the Packers and on the road against the Jets. While the latter isn’t the most formidable opponent, the Jets are actually a respectable team in their place. Now, Ndamukong Suh, Nick Fairley and the boys on the Detroit D-Line will welcome the Neck Beard in with open arms. Say a prayer for Mr. Orton this week when you get a chance.

26. Bills (2-2) So, remember when this team was 2-0? Those were the days, huh? Two consecutive losses later and the Bills solution is to start Kyle Orton…. Kyle Orton!!! I’m not sure anyone was seriously buying this team after the 2-0 start, now selling their fans on the idea that this is the best move will be a seriously tough pitch.

Wow, if local CBS in Charlotte said it / it's law. Talk about the biggest reach at finding the worst.

Where do you think we end up this week ?

We didn't prove anything on Sunday. Not to the critic. Not to the national audience. Not to the wayside fan.

We came back on a team that was injured and could not kick field goals.

I would put us 14-17 on the power rankings. No thought to who is where. I'd say we're the best in the AFCE.

San Diego, Denver, Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, Houston, Indianapolis are surely better then us in the AFC. KFC, New England, and Baltimore are not better or worse then we are. That's 6 teams better, 3 teams as good as...

In the NFC Arizona, Dallas, Phili, Seattle, San Fran, Green Bay, Carolina are better then us. The Giants will get props because they're in NY. Atlanta and Detroit are about equal to us. That's 6 definitely better and 2 as good as with the Giants being the f'n Giants.

That should put us around 14-17.

Behind the *pats, that's all I know for sure.

Well... behind the *pats for one more week at least. :D

WHEN we beat the Pats, they'll still have us ranked behind them!

We didn't prove anything on Sunday. Not to the critic. Not to the national audience. Not to the wayside fan.

We came back on a team that was injured and could not kick field goals.

I would put us 14-17 on the power rankings. No thought to who is where. I'd say we're the best in the AFCE.

San Diego, Denver, Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, Houston, Indianapolis are surely better then us in the AFC. KFC, New England, and Baltimore are not better or worse then we are. That's 6 teams better, 3 teams as good as...

In the NFC Arizona, Dallas, Phili, Seattle, San Fran, Green Bay, Carolina are better then us. The Giants will get props because they're in NY. Atlanta and Detroit are about equal to us. That's 6 definitely better and 2 as good as with the Giants being the f'n Giants.

That should put us around 14-17.

I don't believe San Diego is that much better than us and Houston definitely isn't! Had EJ hit on some of those passes in both games we'd be 5-0 and EJ would still be playing. Our defense is BEASTY!

Edited by the skycap

WHEN we beat the Pats, they'll still have us ranked behind them!

I don't believe San Diego is that much better than us and Houston definitely isn't! Had EJ hit on some of those passes in both games we'd be 5-0 and EJ would still be playing. Our defense is BEASTY!

San Diego may be the best team in the NFL. It's not simply their talent that makes them so it is their coaching and their ability to win. They have a top 3 QB in the league this year, I don't care what stats say - if they disagree, that is.

The Texans beat us last week and for that they'll be rightfully ranked above us. If both teams win next week we should pass them because people will forget that game. Right now people will remember it.

One thing I know for sure is that even if we beat the Paties on sunday, we will be below them in 9/10 power rankings. I'll start listening to the experts on NFL.com when they have a better record in the "Weekly Pick'em" than I do! Screw them. Uncle Rico will come through for us.

So I guess we lost to the Lions in Detroit by like 20 points.

16th on Yahoo:

http://sports.yahoo....-000858721.html

Looks to be week 4.

11. New England Patriots

at least that's fair. I am expecting the nuthuggers to have them somewhere 1 thru 5

QUICK before it updates fully

http://espn.go.com/n...ear/2014/week/6

Bills #2 due to partial update LOL wouldn't than be nice if it were true

not sure if this is partial update or "official"

http://www.foxsports.../power-rankings

Putrids @ 18

Bills @ 23

WTF??? no f-ing way they are 23 especially if the Fish are # 16.

clueless idiots

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

San Diego may be the best team in the NFL. It's not simply their talent that makes them so it is their coaching and their ability to win. They have a top 3 QB in the league this year, I don't care what stats say - if they disagree, that is.

The Texans beat us last week and for that they'll be rightfully ranked above us. If both teams win next week we should pass them because people will forget that game. Right now people will remember it.

Right now that coaching staff is looking outstanding. Philip Rivers has rebounded back to being a top 5 QB, but credit also has to go to Mike McCoy, Frank Reich, and John Pagano.

Right now that coaching staff is looking outstanding. Philip Rivers has rebounded back to being a top 5 QB, but credit also has to go to Mike McCoy, Frank Reich, and John Pagano.

I agree, SD looks legit. Wish we had played them w/ Orton rather than EJ behind center, but who knows, maybe we'll get that chance down the road.

You left off Joe D'Alessandris, the OL coach. He did an excellent job with the Bills and he is doing a very good job with the Chargers.

When the Chargers played the Bills Reich called a great game. He was very aware of game situations and made some great calls most notably on third down. It sure helps when you have a qb who is playing as well as any qb in the league.

Edited by JohnC