The Strain

/dev/null

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My TIVO is filling up like crazy right now (I really wish they would stagger the shows better but 3 I am keeping up with)

The Last Ship - I like all these end of the world gigs but my daughters former management company has a main character on that show.......since we know him we keep up

The Strain.....love all the zombie stuff

Falling Skies.....sad that this is the final season and feel like it could have gone on longer then this season like Walking Dead

My TIVO is filling up like crazy right now (I really wish they would stagger the shows better but 3 I am keeping up with)

The Last Ship - I like all these end of the world gigs but my daughters former management company has a main character on that show.......since we know him we keep up

The Strain.....love all the zombie stuff

Falling Skies.....sad that this is the final season and feel like it could have gone on longer then this season like Walking Dead

I've watched Falling Skies from day one and really enjoy it but it is time to end the Alien invasion and get the world back (not cool how they killed off Mia Sorvino's character, not a fan of pope but was hoping she would make him likeable but now he is going to be a complete dick again)

A funny, slightly NSFW video I found - Eichhorst hosts a B&B

lol. awesome, can never get enough vampire juice

It's heart-wrenching watching that poor couple slowly transforming in the lab. The part where the man had Nora wheel him over to be next to his wife was especially sad.

I love the flashbacks with Setrakian.

I'm really starting to hate Palmer. I'm wondering if we're ever going to see his old assistant, Fitzwilliams resurface, possibly as a protagonist?

And I'm getting pretty sick of Zach.

I'm absolutely loving this show. The depiction of vampires as Strigoi is very close to the vampires from original eastern European lore - the legends and myths that far predate stories like Dracula.

It's heart-wrenching watching that poor couple slowly transforming in the lab. The part where the man had Nora wheel him over to be next to his wife was especially sad.

I'm really starting to hate Palmer. I'm wondering if we're ever going to see his old assistant, Fitzwilliams resurface, possibly as a protagonist?

I'm absolutely loving this show. The depiction of vampires as Strigoi is very close to the vampires from original eastern European lore - the legends and myths that far predate stories like Dracula.

yeah this show is awesome, It is sad to see the old couple suffer but they will be serving a purpose so their suffering wont be in vain.

Zach is a kid, he just doesn't understand, besides kids are supposed to be a pain :D .

Who is Fitzwilliams?

The zach actor this year sucks ass....last year he was just a whiney mommas boy and this year he is a little pisspot....poor casting and poor writing for his character...he is extremely annoying....everyone else is great

yeah this show is awesome, It is sad to see the old couple suffer but they will be serving a purpose so their suffering wont be in vain.

Zach is a kid, he just doesn't understand, besides kids are supposed to be a pain :D .

Who is Fitzwilliams?

AKA Reggie

http://the-strain.wikia.com/wiki/Reggie_Fitzwilliam

The zach actor this year sucks ass....last year he was just a whiney mommas boy and this year he is a little pisspot....poor casting and poor writing for his character...he is extremely annoying....everyone else is great

I don't have a beef with the new actor, or even his lines/role this season. The kid is just turning into a noisy nuisance (which I suppose is understandable considering that his mother has been transformed into a vampire and his father is trying to kill her, while society and life as they knew it was been turned completely on its head). What irks me is having to listen to his brattish little tantrums. It makes me want to see him turned into a vampire just so he'd shut up already.

There are lots of reasons not to like this show -- inane dialogue, some poor casting, and ridiculous fight scenes (how do they never get splattered with worm juice?) -- yet I'm still hooked.

There are lots of reasons not to like this show -- inane dialogue, some poor casting, and ridiculous fight scenes (how they never get splattered with worm juice?) do -- yet I'm still hooked.

vampire ninja skills

I like the casting especially Eichorst and Fet.

Whats wrong with the dialogue?

I've seen a lot of reviewers with the same criticism, and I don't get it either.

Well, I do a lot of eye rolling when I'm watching it. The scenes between the protagonists are awful at times.

I agree that Eichorst is fantastic. I really enjoy the flashback scenes.

I like the idea behind the story, which is why I'm watching -- but it's not a "great" show.

Well, I do a lot of eye rolling when I'm watching it. The scenes between the protagonists are awful at times.

I agree that Eichorst is fantastic. I really enjoy the flashback scenes.

I like the idea behind the story, which is why I'm watching -- but it's not a "great" show.

It's great to me, it's actually one of the few shows that I think about during the week and can't wait to watch, most of the shows I watch I forget I even record them and then when I go to the list I'm like oh yeah this is on tonight guess I' watch this.

Also a big fan of Mr Robot minus all gay action (which is friggin ridiculous that ever show has to shove gays down your throat, so sick of this social brainwashing)