To all of the EJ bashers

DirtDart

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Smart posters would point out that if you're going to remove the good plays, you remove the worst plays too. But that's just statistics. He was bad today. Merry Christmas!

Smart posters would point out that if you're going to remove the good plays, you remove the worst plays too. But that's just statistics. He was bad today. Merry Christmas!

At this point, the smart posters see the abyss. Something us stupid posters have known about for a while.

Even if you leave in the Williams TD, the stats are embarrassing.

Edited by Kemp

Savor the happy moment along with the Dude, Kellyto83TD and Chandler81. It's gotta feel terrific.

No it doesn't feel "terrific". But I won't apologize for telling everybody EJ sucks and being right. If I believe something I'll say it. And not just to hear myself talk either...I honestly believe in fan pressure and with a better option at QB on the bench I want the front office to feel pressure. The more fan discontent with EJ the more likely we are to see Orton. The quicker we see Orton the more wins we'll get.

Now I will say it was tiring stating the obvious for so long and having people tell you that you're stupid for not recognizing the franchise savior that is EJ.

You have made two mistakes:

1) You are confusing total air yards with air yards per attempt. The comments in your post are applicable to the former but not the latter.

2) You are looking at the stats from the first three games of this season, while ignoring them from 2013. For 2013, Russell Wilson was the third-ranked QB for air yards per attempt; with an average of 4.43. Andy Dalton was in the middle of the pack with an average of 3.64. When a season's worth of data was taken into account, air yards per attempt resulted in reasonable results--at least where those two quarterbacks were concerned.

> This stat is the height of laziness and ignorance . . .

Which stat would you recommend using in its place?

No, I'm not. I'm merely evaluating the exact rankings as presented in the link you provided. And I'll stick to my assertion it is an utterly ignorant statistic that omits any understanding of the teams in the league, the various offensive systems they employ, and the play makers they use to employ them.

As to the stat I'd use to replace it, there isn't a stat you can hang your hat on, but over the test of time, the Yards Per Attempt stat tends to prove the best in terms of evaluating QBs as far as the passing aspect of the position is concerned.

GO BILLS!!!

No it doesn't feel "terrific". But I won't apologize for telling everybody EJ sucks and being right. If I believe something I'll say it. And not just to hear myself talk either...I honestly believe in fan pressure and with a better option at QB on the bench I want the front office to feel pressure. The more fan discontent with EJ the more likely we are to see Orton. The quicker we see Orton the more wins we'll get.

Don't hurt yourself patting yourself on the back for being right. With any hope, your fan pressure skills will put the front office over the top and get the perfect QB here in no time.

Now I will say it was tiring stating the obvious for so long and having people tell you that you're stupid for not recognizing the franchise savior that is EJ.

No one in the history of this board has ever said this. Ever. They might have said you were presenting scant evidence and rushing to judgment, which you were . You still are, in terms of "EJ sucks" being a concrete result. He is not good enough right now, no two ways about it. Unless you have a frickin' great crystal ball, you know no more than the rest of us.

Also, nice marmot.