Jay Gruden has to be happy right now

Dragonborn10

Everything I have read said Cousins was better than RG3 all camp. But no way he could have benched him without an injury. If Cousins looks good it will be the end of RG3 in Washington.

Maybe

Can't believe how much he has regressed, he was the man his rookie year now he is just a shell of himself.

Maybe

Can't believe how much he has regressed, he was the man his rookie year now he is just a shell of himself.

Half of his passes his rookie year were bubble screens and real screen plays. As much as I can't stand Shanahan - he and his son may have hidden his mediocre talent as long as they could

I've like Cousins all along. I may be wrong. But he always seems to step up when called on. Remember he is a young QB who gets limited reps in practice. It will take time for him to completely develop.

Half of his passes his rookie year were bubble screens and real screen plays. As much as I can't stand Shanahan - he and his son may have hidden his mediocre talent as long as they could

I think he has great talent but maybe can't read defense. I've seen very few of his games in the pros, why do you think he is playing poorly?

I've like Cousins all along. I may be wrong. But he always seems to step up when called on. Remember he is a young QB who gets limited reps in practice. It will take time for him to completely develop.

Limited reps is also limited film on him or how the playbook would look with him... Will he progress faster than d coordinators is the real question. Odds are no. But possible.

Everything I have read said Cousins was better than RG3 all camp. But no way he could have benched him without an injury. If Cousins looks good it will be the end of RG3 in Washington.

Yea, he's not happy his qb is hurt.

Embarassing.

I sorta like him too but from what I saw of this game on Redzone (and they showed more of it than I would've liked) he didn't look that good. The TDs were gimmes that Matt Cassell could've hit & he made a lot of bad throws.

TDs that are gimmies?? Gimme some of those!!

I sorta like him too but from what I saw of this game on Redzone (and they showed more of it than I would've liked) he didn't look that good. The TDs were gimmes that Matt Cassell could've hit & he made a lot of bad throws.

He went 22 of 33. How many is "a lot" of bad passes?

I think he has great talent but maybe can't read defense. I've seen very few of his games in the pros, why do you think he is playing poorly?

You would be correct. On Week 1 gameday morning Kurt Warner did a really good analysis piece on RGIII's problems. He isn't looking at the correct defender or if he is, he isn't understanding what he sees. He showed a series of snaps from last season and a couple from the pre-season where RGIII drops back and Warner was saying "ok with these route patterns the key for the QB in deciding where to go with the ball is the safety. If he cheats to the middle of the field to double cover the slot you know the ball has to go to the corner's outside" and other examples where the key defender was a linebacker or a corner etc.... and RGIII picked the wrong option every time. When I watch Warner do his anlaysis and I think back to how he could come in having never played in the NFL and lead a team to the Superbowl in year 1 you understand why. If there was ever a QB who understood what he was seeing from a defense it was Kurt Warner.

RGIII will not improve until he can read, from the pocket, what defenses are giving him. The first year he made a lot of throws to wide open guys after plays had broken down a bit. That is not a template for long term success.

Did Jay Gruden prefer Kirk Cousins to RG3 all along?

Back in August, before Robert Griffin III's season started -- and perhaps ended, though reports indicate Monday optimism for his recovery from a dislocated ankle -- there was open speculation as to whether Kirk Cousins might be better suited for Jay Gruden's offense.

Apparently, Gruden believed that. Mike Wise of the Washington Post reported as much Sunday night after Cousins replaced an injured Griffin and led the Redskins to an emphatic 41-10 pounding of the Jaguars.