Thursday Night Football: Steelers at Ravens - 8:25 PM EDT

26CornerBlitz

What to watch for on 'TNF': Steelers-Ravens

There aren't many NFL rivalries that compare to Pittsburgh and Baltimore. This current iteration has plenty of history to it. Joe Flacco has won more games in his first six seasons than any quarterback since 1950. Ben Roethlisberger is second.

Flacco and Roethlisberger have faced each other more times in the regular season than any two Super Bowl winning quarterbacks other than Tom Brady and Peyton Manning. When these teams face, storylines follow.

This game has a strange feel to it following all the Ray Rice news this week, but it's a huge matchup for the Ravens. Starting the year 0-2 with two home losses in the division would give them a significant hole to climb out of the rest of the year.

Here's what we're watching for on both sides of the ball.

CBS Sports Steelers-Ravens Preview

Baltimore is certainly not the greatest venue for TNF at this time for blatantly obvious reasons. This game will unfortunately wind up being mere background noise.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be at that game (Wife is a Ravens fan) then we're driving up the Buffalo for the Bills opener. Needless to say, this work day can't end fast enough.

Probably the best part about being at the game is I won't have to hear about Ray Rice from the commentators. I'm just going to keep my mouth shut about that whole situation. Ravens games aren't too crazy (at least when I was in Bills gear), but I've never ripped on one of their players. You never know if there's a crazy person near.

I have Antonio Brown on my fantasy team so I am hoping he has a good game

CBF

I'm debating sticking with Torrey Smith as my third receiver or replacing him with Markus Wheaton

I don't know why maybe bc we always get force fed Ptt Balt games in Philly area but I just don't get into this rivalry like most.

Edited by Max997

I'll be at that game (Wife is a Ravens fan) then we're driving up the Buffalo for the Bills opener. Needless to say, this work day can't end fast enough.

Probably the best part about being at the game is I won't have to hear about Ray Rice from the commentators. I'm just going to keep my mouth shut about that whole situation. Ravens games aren't too crazy (at least when I was in Bills gear), but I've never ripped on one of their players. You never know if there's a crazy person near.

That's a good weekend right there. I was in Baltimore for that last game against the Ravens. While the 2AM walk through downtown back to the hotel was one of the scarier moments of my life I found the Ravens fans to be great. More than one said they only hate Steeler fans. It helped that they thought there was no way they could lose and then they were relieved they didn't.

You hate to think this way in W2, but isn't this almost a "must win" for the Ravens? If they lose that makes two home divisional losses to start the season -- something no team has overcome before.

I foresee a desperate Baltimore team tonight.

You hate to think this way in W2, but isn't this almost a "must win" for the Ravens? If they lose that makes two home divisional losses to start the season -- something no team has overcome before.

I think they'll have a us against the world mentality.

@richarddeitsch

How will CBS handle the Ray Rice story tonight? A preview of the network's 2014 NFL coverage: http://www.si.com/nf...-simms …

God.... Can you imagine how much coverage it is going to get and how many times it will be mentioned?

They have to mention it early and often or people will demand this is yet another reason to fire Goodell.

I've heard this now for multiple teams.. most relevant to the DC region (if you can deal with their media coverage)

If the Skins lose at home to the JAGS and drop to 0-2, ...... Talk of RGIII and BUST and also Bring in Cousins!!!

If Brian Hoyer can have success against the Steelers, why can't Flacco and Smith?

Agreed but Ravens could potentially be a disaster from here on out and not like Dalton had trouble passing on them last week with Green having a big day as well