[closed]$1.2 Billion

Casey D

Forbes originally reported $1.1 billion, but then updated about 45 minutes later with $1.2 billion

http://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeozanian/2014/09/09/terry-pegula-to-buy-buffalo-bills-for-1-1-billion-sources/

Sources are telling me that Terry Pegula has won the bidding for the Buffalo Bills for about $1.2 billion, a record price paid for a professional football team that does not own its stadium. The deal could be officially announced today by Morgan Stanley , the banker conducting the sale for the trust of the team’s late founder, Ralph Wilson.

That's just the sticker price. There will be another hefty sum contributed towards a new facility.

This will be interesting. From what I see studies pretty clearly show that ifone has a dollar to invest as a municipality you would not get as good a ROI putting the dollar into a new stadium.

However, looking at this from the city of Buffalo and WNY resident standpoint. It is not my last dollar I am talking about here. If its OPM )other people's money we are talking about I would love to see someone else spend a few bucks to build a Bills stadium.

This includes NYS putting $ into a new sports authority to fund a downtown stadium. Yes, I am a NYS taxpayer as well, but the truth is that by far the lionshare of NYS tax dollars are provide by the vast majority of NYS taxpayers who live downstate and by Wall St. where a ton of profits are made.

Further, I really doubt that NYS $ are going to spent in WNY unless something extraordinary like keeping the only team which plays in NYS in NYS.

As a Buffaloanian I would be happy to see NYS make a big investment in a downtown Buffalo stadium as I doubt that NYS would make other investments which might even be better for WNY.