Week 2: Dolphins' Game Preparation

26CornerBlitz

Who's better: Forte or Moreno? Moreno looked pretty damned good against the Pats. And, Forte averaged over 10 per carry. Our W against the Bears notwithstanding, I'm not so sure we have solved our abysmal run defense problem from last season. Will the addition of Bradham this week make that much of a difference in our run D? I'm skeptical.

Forte had 17 carries for 82 yards. That equals 4.8 yards per carry.

He had 8 catches for 87 yards. That equals out to 10.9 yards per catch (which isn't a great number).

You are confusing your statistics. I am not terribly worried about either of these numbers however, because that was the game plan. Keep them in front of you, let them have the short stuff, don't give up the big play, then either take it away or hold them to FGs. I'd say the game plan worked exactly as it was designed. After the big 44 yard reception on the Bears first drive, the Bills D did not give up a single play longer than 20 yards.

I'm perfectly fine with giving up 350 yards through the air if we are giving it up at a measly 7 yards per attempt clip and not letting them score touchdowns.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forte had 17 carries for 82 yards. That equals 4.8 yards per carry.

He had 8 catches for 87 yards. That equals out to 10.9 yards per catch (which isn't a great number).

You are confusing your statistics. I am not terribly worried about either of these numbers however, because that was the game plan. Keep them in front of you, let them have the short stuff, don't give up the big play, then either take it away or hold them to FGs. I'd say the game plan worked exactly as it was designed. After the big 44 yard reception on the Bears first drive, the Bills D did not give up a single play longer than 20 yards.

I'm perfectly fine with giving up 350 yards through the air if we are giving it up at a measly 7 yards per attempt clip and not letting them score touchdowns.

You're right. I had the wrong stat. I feel better.

Forte is far better than Moreno and it's not even close.

Is this wishful thinking? The 2013 stats for both players were very similar. Forte had more touches (not surprising considering that Moreno played for Denver), but their averages were very close. Perhaps the better question is: whose run D is better, ours or New England's?

Is this wishful thinking? The 2013 stats for both players were very similar. Forte had more touches (not surprising considering that Moreno played for Denver), but their averages were very close. Perhaps the better question is: whose run D is better, ours or New England's?

Forte had to operate last season behind the Bears less than stellar OL. He has for several years been a great all around RB who does well in every phase of the game. He's a stud.

Forte had to operate last season behind the Bears less than stellar OL. He has for several years been a great all around RB who does well in every phase of the game. He's a stud.

He is indeed. But, I've never been as impressed with Moreno as I was last Sunday. Not that I've paid a lot of attention to him until this season. And, maybe Miami's OL is better than I'm giving them credit.