WGR staff

vegas55

Their post game show is beyond horrible. They promised Manuel's post game presser for like an hour then never played it while they rambled on over bs for an hour. They act like disgruntled emoloyees working Sundays.

Just play the pressers and take a few calls. It's not that hard geesh.

They should just play a running loop of the whiner line, it would be more entertaining and possibly more insightful.

I think it was tuesday of this past week when i heard schoop say, on the air, that he was wearing a seahawks jersey at work. Bulldog was just like, yeah, i cant even look at you. Im sitting there thinking, man, youre on the air in BUFFALO, dude? You make your living covering the Bills in a passionate football town, how are you such an a-hole? It made me want to email the station to complain about him or organize some pettion to get him fired. I truely couldnt stand schoop before that, but, man, hes really got me turned off to that station now.

I really wish they would give Schopp's weekday spot to Sal. It would be so much better.

I agree. Capacchio actually has some technical football knowledge and is pretty balanced. He is definitely underutilized in his current role. He talks a bit too fast for my liking but is nonetheless the best they have IMO.

The day after the Seahawks/Packers game Schopp told a story about how he and his wife bought two televisions.She told him how they could both watch what they wanted now. So Schopp went on about how he was relegated to watching the football game while his wife watched tennis. He basically insinuated he would have rather watched tennis. Schopp does not like watching football and has pretty much admitted as much.. I am fine with this as anyone can like what they want, but I feel he has no business hosting a talk show that has to focus on the Buffalo Bills this time of year. Why does GR55 employ a guy who hates footall for a sports talk show that focuses on The Bills? It's ridiculous and poor management. Schopp's hatred of football comes shining through and I , quite honestly cannot listen to this guy talk about football any longer. I hope GR55 gets the message

As a group they crucified EJ Manuel before even game 1 much based upon Joe B's reports from camp.

Newsflash guys - Joe B is a kid reporter - he is not a scout or coach and from many of his reports he offers his own opinion from the sidelines (not the inside opinions of coaches who watch film in addition to live action.

They run a poll asking will EJ be yanked after game 1? game 2? or game 4? And then go on to claim thats not EJ bashing.

I agree. Capacchio actually has some technical football knowledge and is pretty balanced. He is definitely underutilized in his current role. He talks a bit too fast for my liking but is nonetheless the best they have IMO.

Sal Cappacio is the most talented person at the station and it' s not even close. His programs/shows are better and he's infinitely more knowledgeable.

The day after the Seahawks/Packers game Schopp told a story about how he and his wife bought two televisions.She told him how they could both watch what they wanted now. So Schopp went on about how he was relegated to watching the football game while his wife watched tennis. He basically insinuated he would have rather watched tennis. Schopp does not like watching football and has pretty much admitted as much.. I am fine with this as anyone can like what they want, but I feel he has no business hosting a talk show that has to focus on the Buffalo Bills this time of year. Why does GR55 employ a guy who hates footall for a sports talk show that focuses on The Bills? It's ridiculous and poor management. Schopp's hatred of football comes shining through and I , quite honestly cannot listen to this guy talk about football any longer. I hope GR55 gets the message

The only message the WGR management will get is...

you don't listen>>>advertisers take their dollars elsewhere>>>heads roll

Paul Hamilton is pretty much Canadian, if it isn't on skates he doesn't like it

Yup

Paul Hamilton is pretty much Canadian, if it isn't on skates he doesn't like it

They are all pretty much hockey guys. They even admit they love the Sabres and try real hard to like football and the Bills

YupThey are all pretty much hockey guys. They even admit they love the Sabres and try real hard to like football and the Bills

Here we go again. There are TWO major sports teams in Buffalo. One just started its season, and the other is about to start training camp. I know some don't care about hockey, but guess what, since they never talk about any other sports on WGR, that leaves at least 50% of the time for football/bills talk. The other 50% of the time when they are talking hockey can be spent on this site for those who don't care about the Sabres, and just need to debate the merits of EJ Manuel for the 1,000,000 time.

Edited by LabattBlue

Here we go again. There are TWO major sports teams in Buffalo. One just started its season, and the other is about to start training camp. I know some don't care about hockey, but guess what, since they never talk about any other sports on WGR, that leaves at least 50% of the time for football/bills talk. The other 50% of the time when they are talking hockey can be spent on this site for those who don't care about the Sabres, and just need to debate the merits of EJ Manuel for the 1,000,000 time.

Ok!

I think it was tuesday of this past week when i heard schoop say, on the air, that he was wearing a seahawks jersey at work. Bulldog was just like, yeah, i cant even look at you. Im sitting there thinking, man, youre on the air in BUFFALO, dude? You make your living covering the Bills in a passionate football town, how are you such an a-hole? It made me want to email the station to complain about him or organize some pettion to get him fired. I truely couldnt stand schoop before that, but, man, hes really got me turned off to that station now.

Cutler wore a Buffalo shirt at a presser on Monday.

RATHER than thinking those clowns will do there jobs ,do what i do ,change the station .right now i can not tell you who the advertisers are on wgr55 ,when enough people can say that ,they will be gone .or gr will lose the bills again!!!

They are doing their jobs, attracting listeners. If they weren't they'd be gone already. They're just not doing what you want. They're not there to be cheerleaders for the Bills.

• 2 weeks later...

Just had to add this piece of info to this discussion. Two days ago Schopp actually said on the air that he would NOT have purchased the Bills if he had the money to do so. Let that sink in for a minute.The #1 drive-time anchor on Buffalo's #1 sports talk station would NOT have saved the team that ensures his employment in this market.

He cited the concussion issues with the league as a reason that it would be a bad investment. I think it was heresy, considering that there isn't one true fan of the team that wouldn't have done what Pegula did if he/she had the resources to do so, and the station should have canned him immediately.

Paul Hamilton is great when it comes to the Sabres. I agree Schopp is a total d bag. I feel bad for Chris Parker for having to do a show with him. Just the other day I was thinking to myself, whose the bigger tool - Mike Schopp or Pierre McGuire. I think Sal should replace Schopp.

Guys, spend the money for Sirius and listen to NFL Radio. Cherry pick who you like on WGR and only listen to those shows. It's not that expensive and the reporting is so much better.

I was in Buffalo last week for the home opener like every year with my boys, and I understand your points. Most local radio shows are not that good though as a whole.

This is not the only city.