Good, Bad & The Ugly...Week 1

LabattBlue

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So should we tar and feather Marrone for being so stupid to think that Hogan should play ahead of Woods and it was a complete waste of time that hurt the offense from gelling in preseason? Or should we say he was a genius for lighting a fire under Woods which clearly worked as he started to excel slightly afterwards?

He's not elite but there are only a handful of guys dominating the league. Thomas, Gronk (when healthy), Davis and maybe Jordan. The rest are JAG like Chandler.

He's not elite but there are only a handful of guys dominating the league. Thomas, Gronk (when healthy), Davis and maybe Jordan. The rest are JAG like Chandler.

Yea but there's another 10 or so guys I would rather have based on upside. I like the young guys like McDonald on SF and Sefarian Jenkins on Tampa. ertz and celek witten vernon Davis among others.

Chandlers ok but wish he had a lil more athleticism.

So should we tar and feather Marrone for being so stupid to think that Hogan should play ahead of Woods and it was a complete waste of time that hurt the offense from gelling in preseason? Or should we say he was a genius for lighting a fire under Woods which clearly worked as he started to excel slightly afterwards?

Let's just blame Manuel.

The three best runs of the day were by Jackson and then two by Boobie. Spiller I thought had a decent game even though his stats say he was ok.

To me the good was obviously Graham and Woods. Woods I think will lead the team in catches. Graham I think will stay on the field, it's a 3 CB league. With McKelvin and Gilmore coming back from injuries I believe they'll improve as year goes on. Graham will stay on field.

Bad, no adjustment to Forte or Bennett.

Ugly, that PI call on Williams was horrible. Also I get trying to get your best players the ball but I could do without Spiller returning kicks and was Jackson out on a punt return?

I'm used to the Bills losing that type of game. Solid road win, something to build on.

Let's just blame Manuel.

That goes without saying. If EJ didn't have such slow eyes, or had ever thrown an accurate pass in his life, he wouldn't have thrown all those passes behind Woods or way over his head that Woods had to make spectacular catches on to regain his job. Woods should be kissing EJ's feet for getting his job back.

Ticky-tacky. Correct by a strict application of the rules.

The inconsistent strict application of the rules is what was truly bad.

That's my biggest complaint. How is a back to really know what he can do when the refs call ticky-tack stuff but leave more blatant fouls uncalled?

Good: Win, Glenn owning Allen

Bad: EJ's throws where the receivers bailed him out. Woods and WIlliams both nearly got killed when they were wide open and had to reach for bad passes. EJ has to learn to control those throws.

Ugly: Personal foul call on Chandler. He simply pancake blocked the defender and probably just didn't hear the whistle. Potentially costed us 3 points

I thought McKelvin played well. Hopefully Bradham helps and RT Henderson improves.

McKelvin was in position most of the time, he just needs more ball awareness. (same thing every year, although last season he had FANTASTIC ball awareness. hopefully just a one game fluke.).

The Great: Graham. This guy needs to stay in the lineup. I'm not sure we win the game with Gillmore playing instead of Graham IMO. I'm not saying start him over Gillmore, but somehow he should be in there.

The Bills actually played two games Sunday. One against "Da Bears" and the other against the zebra's.

and won both!!

Edited by RyanC883