Good, Bad & The Ugly...Week 1

LabattBlue

He dd slip entirely too much.

But I didn't expect McKelvin to make the catch, just like I never expected Winfield to make INTs . Very good cover guys, Bad hands.

McKelvin also made a few very good tackles today for what it's worth.

Exactly, if they could catch they would be WRs

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good: woods, graham

Bad: nitpicking, but the use of Watkins-- I expected him to get like 10 touches

Ugly: second half offense game plan

I don't want to come off as being weird but for me the most exciting play of the game was the incomplete long pass to a very open Watkins. Because of injuries Watkins and EJ have not worked together too much in the preseason and in practice. Once they get on the same page they will be able to connect on impactful plays. Watkins is going to be the receiver who will be drawing double coverage. He is going to open it up for the other receivers and also for Spiller.

The emphasis of not allowing the defenders to touch the receivers is killing the flow of the game.It is giving the offense too much of an advantage. After every incompleted pass there is an expectation that a penalty is going to be called. The lack of common sense and judgment by the referrees (as they are instructed to do) is something I find very odious.

Edited by JohnC

I don't want to come off as being weird but for me the most exciting play of the game was the incomplete long pass to a very open Watkins. Because of injuries Watkins and EJ have not worked together too much in the preseason and in practice. Once they get on the same page they will be able to connect on impactful plays. Watkins is going to be the receiver who will be drawing double coverage. He is going to open it up for the other receivers and also for Spiller.

The emphasis of not allowing the defenders to touch the receivers is killing the flow of the game.It is giving the offense too much of an advantage. After every incompleted pass there is an expectation that a penalty is going to be called. The lack of common sense and judgment by the referrees (as they are instructed to do) is something I find very odious.

Agreed, but I think if you watch it again, IMO he was not "wide open." He had a step on the defenders and a good pass is likely a completion if not TD, but he didnt get a couple yards past them til the ball was already overthrown. Still, I liked that play, too, and if anything, overthrowing him was much better than the alternative.

Why do the negatives get too categories? Yes yes, I understand, Clint Eastwood.

But for the sake of compartmentalizing a game, can we begin a movement for The Great, The Good, The Bad and The Ugly? Please?

If the op has no issue with it sure. Here's mine

The great..Cordy Glenn (gave EJ time to get off to hot start)

The good..EJ and Woods

The bad...Scott Chandler (tight ends all over the league dominate and we have this schlub)

The ugly...Doug Marrones slacks game.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

If the op has no issue with it sure. Here's mine

The great..Cordy Glenn (gave EJ time to get off to hot start)

The good..EJ and Woods

The bad...Scott Chandler (tight ends all over the league dominate and we have this schlub)

The ugly...Doug Marrones slacks game.

:lol:

He's a meaty man.

You know why he had 13 tackles? Because the guy he was covering, caught the ball over and over again! :doh: The one play he had a chance to make, the ball hit him in the hands and he dropped it.

His stripping of the ball and forcing of the fumble on Marshall completely changed the game. It may have been the biggest play of the game. There were a lot but that one was huge. The Bears would have had first down at our 28. Instead we had first down at their 46, and we kicked a FG which put us in the lead.

He did drop the ball, which he has to make that catch, but he also was in position to break up the pass, which he did.

His stripping of the ball and forcing of the fumble on Marshall completely changed the game. It may have been the biggest play of the game. There were a lot but that one was huge. The Bears would have had first down at our 28. Instead we had first down at their 46, and we kicked a FG which put us in the lead.

He did drop the ball, which he has to make that catch, but he also was in position to break up the pass, which he did.

Yep. I forgot, and give him credit for that play.

Edited by LabattBlue

The TD to Marshall, he lost his footing. Looks like a couple players had problems with it. Brown slipped on the first TD to Bennett.

The Chicago Park District always seems to be resodding Soldier, I wonder if that was the issue... Loose sod. It look great, but it isn't a baseball ballpark, it's gonna get tore up. You see what happened in Houston.

Good: I got drunk

Bad: Can't remember much

Ugly: Wife dunked me in the pool

Lucky: Wife didn't drown you and showed mercy.

;-P

The only real complaint i have about this game that is actually quite scary is the lack of pass rush. The bears oline is nothing special and they lost two starters during game and we still couldnt get to cutler much. Thats a big concern if it continues.

I don't recall seeing them bring more than 4-5 people at any point... I recall seeing a S or LB blitz at times, but I think the fact that the Bears offense is so solid may have had a little to do with that plan... Add in no Gilmore and the loss of Rivers during the game...

He's not elite but there are only a handful of guys dominating the league. Thomas, Gronk (when healthy), Davis and maybe Jordan. The rest are JAG like Chandler.

He's not elite but there are only a handful of guys dominating the league. Thomas, Gronk (when healthy), Davis and maybe Jordan. The rest are JAG like Chandler.

I don't know if that is true. I would love to have a guy like Martellus Bennett we had yesterday, or Jordan Cameron, or even Zack Ertz.

I don't know if that is true. I would love to have a guy like Martellus Bennett we had yesterday, or Jordan Cameron, or even Zack Ertz.

I mentioned Cameron as being elite. Chandler's numbers compare favorably to Bennett's. Ertz may turn out ok I'm just saying these guys don't grow on trees.

All that being said, I think the Bills are LONG over due for a difference maker at TE. They haven't even tried to address it in the draft.