Good, Bad & The Ugly...Week 1

LabattBlue

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why was McKelvin playing so far off? Was he playing the Gilmore roll ten yards off receiver every play? They just gave them the slant all game long.

I've been saying it since they signed him and again this week, Graham should be starting ahead of Gilmore.

I don't believe McKelvin makes that call. I think that's the way our D is set. As an old CB, I don't like it either.

Good:

Woods making plays

Team resolve

FredEx

KW interception!

Victory!

Bad:

McKelvin playing ten yards off on all 3rd and shorts

No spy on Forte

Still with the penalties!

Little pressure on Cutler

Still with the three and outs

Ugly:

A good number of those penalties were BS

Picking up an offensive holding flag (after hitting KW in the face with the flag)

Well, at least we're 1-0 and the Pansies are 0-1. If we had some better execution, we could have dropped 30+ points on Chicago. I'd like to see them tighten it up and bring their A game for the Dolphins.

GO BILLS!

It's clear who the nfl wants to win and calls are made accordingly- the first quarter pi call was about as bad as it gets-

Why does the NFL care?

Does this mean we should bet the Bears every week?

Who else is the NFL rooting for and fixing the refs for?

Edited by Kemp

I thought McKelvin played well 75% of the time. I couldn't believe he dropped the interception. I thought that was the game when he dropped that even though we were getting the ball back - guess I didn't feel too well about our offense going 80 yard for the win. Sammy had a huge catch called of by a holding call. I thought Sammy could do more to take over the game but maybe they took him away, I obviously haven't saw anything to prove either way.

I did think that the play calling in the third quarter was horrendous. The other three quarters were fine (I think it was the third quarter). We had zero pass rush againstCutler for most of the game and I would like to see that change.

The biggest thing I can take away from this is our defense gave up a lot of yards but also had just as many key takeaways. That, coupled with getting back a starting linebacker and a starting corner next week can only make our defense better.

Edited by BillsFan3434

Good:

Woods making plays

Team resolve

FredEx

KW interception!

Victory!

Bad:

McKelvin playing ten yards off on all 3rd and shorts

No spy on Forte

Still with the penalties!

Little pressure on Cutler

Still with the three and outs

Ugly:

A good number of those penalties were BS

Picking up an offensive holding flag (after hitting KW in the face with the flag)

Well, at least we're 1-0 and the Pansies are 0-1. If we had some better execution, we could have dropped 30+ points on Chicago. I'd like to see them tighten it up and bring their A game for the Dolphins.

GO BILLS!

Was just about to mention KW's interception. Watching him undercut Bennett for the ball had me choking on my beer cuz of a half shout half laugh maneuver. It looked SO funny. Reminiscent of the Sam Adams TD to me.

Edited by transient

I disagree about McKelvin being bad.

The officiating was ugly. Some bad calls and some bad non-calls, both ways. It's hard to make sense of what is a penalty, and what isn't, when the calls are this random.

Chandler dropping an easy pass to kill the first drive was tough to take. \

The screen defense was a nightmare. I'm just glad the Bears forgot about that in OT.

EJ was what he needed to be. Very few negative plays. The INT was a bad throw, but you should expect the WR to come back for that, and not eat turf.

I'm loving Schmidt. About time the Bills had a difference maker punter again.

The refs actually came through for the Bills, I thought. Keith Rivers committed PI against Forte at the one in the 4th quarter (he grabbed his arm), and according the the new rules Graham's coverage on the Bears final play from scrimmage in regulation was arguably illegal contact. Still, they were close and I'm glad they let them play. I didn't like the Aaron Williams call, but I thought it was arguably right after seeing the reply from the backside of the play.

Leodis is now officially on a bad streak of dropping easy INTs going back to last season. He made a good play, however. Incidentally, he didn't credit for a pass defensed on that in the official box score, which seems screwed up.

Edited by dave mcbride

The only real complaint i have about this game that is actually quite scary is the lack of pass rush. The bears oline is nothing special and they lost two starters during game and we still couldnt get to cutler much. Thats a big concern if it continues.

I agree. Is this Schwartz's fault or what?

Leodis made what may be the play of the game causing Marshall to fumble, which Brown picked up and returned a long way which completely reversed the momentum of the game. He dropped the INT that he needs to make, but if I had to pick one play of the game that was the most important, that was up there.

Leodis made what may be the play of the game causing Marshall to fumble, which Brown picked up and returned a long way which completely reversed the momentum of the game. He dropped the INT that he needs to make, but if I had to pick one play of the game that was the most important, that was up there.

Agreed.

I didn't catch that it was Leodis who caused the fumble. He did give up some big pass plays, so there was bad with the good.

The offensive play calling was good in the first half. In the second half, it seemed like Hackett reverted back to his preseason play calling.

McKelvin had an up and down game.

I was very impressed with Corey Graham and hope to see more of him in the starting line up.

Id like to add MCkelvin's shoes on the BAD LIST. How many times did he slip.

Id like to also add McKelvin's hands on the BAD LIST. Could have had 2-3 INTs today.

However, I thought Leodis played ok today.

He dd slip entirely too much.

But I didn't expect McKelvin to make the catch, just like I never expected Winfield to make INTs . Very good cover guys, Bad hands.

McKelvin also made a few very good tackles today for what it's worth.