Colts Owner Jim Irsay gets Probation, Suspended 6 Games

26CornerBlitz

@ProFootballTalk

Jim Irsay sentenced to probation, drug testing in OWI plea deal http://wp.me/p14QSB-9yK8

With the legal case now concluded, the question is whether the NFL will also be issuing a suspension as a result of Irsay’s malfeasance. Adam Schefter of ESPN has reported that a six-to-eight-game suspension is expected with a good chance that the league will act quickly to enact the suspension before the Colts open the season against the Broncos on Sunday night.

Irsay had no comment before leaving the Hamilton County courthouse.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

What is the point of "suspending" an owner? Is he suspended from owning the team? Is he suspended from making a profit for 8 games?

So what--- he can't come to the game and watch from his luxbox? Big deal. He can get hammered and stay in his mansion and watch.

What is the point of "suspending" an owner? Is he suspended from owning the team? Is he suspended from making a profit for 8 games?

So what--- he can't come to the game and watch from his luxbox? Big deal. He can get hammered and stay in his mansion and watch.

1) While suspended, he will not be allowed to have any contact with the team at all. With the way he loves to be involved, it's definitely some level of punishment. 2) He's subject to drug testing as part of his plea deal.

1) While suspended, he will not be allowed to have any contact with the team at all. With the way he loves to be involved, it's definitely some level of punishment. 2) He's subject to drug testing as part of his plea deal.

Hammered==drunk.

Even so, it's a meaningless gesture to suspend an owner.

Hammered==drunk.

Even so, it's a meaningless gesture to suspend an owner.

I'm sure he will also be heavily fined along with him not being allowed to be involved with team functions. He's a drug addict who dealt with legal and job consequences. What more do you want done to him? Stoned in the public square?

I am against drunk drivers, but mildly drunk aka one drink in an hour is just stupid.

Talk about disgracing the NFL shield

Why not suspend Jerry Jones for his fondling those girls a short time ago.

a+jones+1.jpg

the other one with her may be to risque

jerry-jones-groping-2.jpg

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

I'm sure he will also be heavily fined along with him not being allowed to be involved with team functions. He's a drug addict who dealt with legal and job consequences. What more do you want done to him? Stoned in the public square?

Actually John, I think his criminal penalty will suffice. My point is that there is no meaning to his suspension except to mollify the NFLPA and the popular press.

@RapSheet

Jim Irsay: “In retrospect, I now know the incident opened my eyes to issues that needed addressing & put me on the path to regain my health

Colts' Jim Irsay suspended six games, fined $500K: http://www.nfl.com/n...ames-fined-500k

Regain his health??

Hell, why doens't he order some testoterone and HGH? Presto...

Meanwhile Bilionaire Con Man/Thief Haslam is laughing all the way to the bank (and, with no sense of irony, lecturing Manziel about "mistakes").

Should have made him sell the team. What the hell is $500,000 to him? What is the nfl going to do with his money?

Why sell the team? Because he is a drug addict? That's crazy.

Actually John, I think his criminal penalty will suffice. My point is that there is no meaning to his suspension except to mollify the NFLPA and the popular press.

The best thing that happened for his well-being is that he got arrested for his serious drug addiction problem. He was on a road to killing himself and possibly hurting innocent bystanders by driving with drugs in his system. A relative of mine was told by a friend who worked at a hotel that Irsay would get a room in an upscale California hotel and have a table full of prescription drugs. He's lucky he didn't over dose. This addict is lucky that he didn't get hurt on the street with so much cash on him.

The best thing that happened for his well-being is that he got arrested for his serious drug addiction problem. He was on a road to killing himself and possibly hurting innocent bystanders by driving with drugs in his system. A relative of mine was told by a friend who worked at a hotel that Irsay would get a room in an upscale California hotel and have a table full of prescription drugs. He's lucky he didn't over dose. This addict is lucky that he didn't get hurt on the street with so much cash on him.

I agree John. I'm just saying that a League suspension serves no purpose in and of itself for this guy. It's for show.