[closed]If the front office wants to save their jobs...Start Orton asa

Kellyto83TD

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Give EJ a chance in this mystery offense that the coaches have been hiding, after 3 games we will know about EJ. I hope for one he works out. 14 years of searching for a QB is long enough.

We are not going to know much more about EJs future after three games than you do now I am afraid. Win or lose. This is going to take some time.

Orton is better than EJ right now, thinking anything different is fooling yourselves into being homers. Kyle has much more experience & has seen drastically more than EJ ever has in the NFL, he also is a winner & has decent to good stats to back up his body of work. One slight twitch or pull up by EJ will bring him out of the game, coaches choice to be careful.

All right enough is enough.

In 2 of the 3 years Orton played as a starting QB, he suffered an ankle injury that took him out of games.

For the Bears, he rushed back and his play quality was poor the rest of the season. For the Broncs, it was season-ending

What is the actual evidence that Orton (now in his 30s) is a durable NFL QB these days? There is none.

Through the end of 2013 season, here is a link to Orton's statistics

A 34-35 record makes him "a winner"? 58.4% completions, 6.6 YPA, QBR 79.7 are "decent to good stats" ?

EJ Manuel, last year, 58.5% completions, 6.4 YPA, QBR 77.7. I guess those are "decent to good stats"?

Oh wait, he's a "loser" with a 4-6 record - in a team sport with a run D that couldn't stop a nosebleed last year.

Do you really want to use Orton's stats and injury history to make an argument he's the Great Savior of the Team? Really? Really?

When people repeatedly reiterate statements that can't be substantiated with facts, they are either trolling, or crusading.

Both are against the TOS here and you, Mitchmurraydowntown, appear to be doing just that.

Quit it.

Edited by Hopeful

I agree with the OP on some things.

Obviously EJ starts the first quarter of the season barring injury. After a month, Kyle should be ready to go. If we really are in win now mode as opposed to developing QB mode, if EJ ain't getting' it done and keeping us from winning games, you gotta pull the trigger.

I really like EJ and think he will be good and benching him will he unnecessary. If however, after 6 games we have won less than 3, a change will be in order IMHO.