Disappointed In EJ After Thursday Night Detroit Game

PolishDave

Stop apologizing. The logical thing to do is say he sucks and just have a meltdown.

My bad.

We are awful, EJ is the worst footballer to football EVER. We should have signed Tebow and he would be our savior. Probably didn't want to create competition for EJ. Buddy is asleep again I bet. Someone plug in the fax machine. Pegula is cheap!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My bad.

We are awful, EJ is the worst footballer to football EVER. We should have signed Tebow and he would be our savior. Probably didn't want to create competition for EJ. Buddy is asleep again I bet. Someone plug in the fax machine. Pegula is cheap!

:lol: Much better. Take this, it helps....:beer:

In EJ's defense, I think that the coaches were really focusing on trying to get him to make the right "reads". And on that note alone, he did do a good job. I think that maybe that is what he was referring to when he said he thought he did a good job. I just wish he would have voluntarily admitted that he effed up when he missed a couple connections that would have sustained drives. The one pass could have been a touchdown. It really sucks to miss those opportunities. But his reads were good. He was seeing the open guy in my opinion. At least he had that part right.

EJ was the least poorly executing part of the offense last night. He wasn't amazing, but the OL was a mess in both run-blocking and pass-protect.

If you watched the game, you would have to come away more frustrated with the running game, and the WR's let a bunch of catchable (albeit not spot-on) passes hit the ground.

Apologist? Meh - EJ looks like he's executing a bit better than last year to me, and last year he put up a 77 QBR in ten games.

I predict he'll finish in the top 20, by which I mean right around #20. That's not amazing, it's a bit below the median, obviously - but who the heck is expecting much more than that from him in year 2? The team theoretically has a defense and running game to win with mediocre QB play.

Edited by BobChalmers

How patient can we be with a "project QB" that can't hit an open receiver with any consistency.? I don't know but it seems like that is not a problem that any starting NFL QB should have. I sue hope we are pleasantly surprised when real bullets start flying.

How patient can we be with a "project QB" that can't hit an open receiver with any consistency.? I don't know but it seems like that is not a problem that any starting NFL QB should have. I sue hope we are pleasantly surprised when real bullets start flying.

I have to admit, one of the things that people ragged on Fitzpatrick about was his inaccuracy. He could find open guys too. He just couldn't deliver a pass that was easily catchable. Hence, he ended up throwing too many picks. And the natives hung him for it.

I didn't see the game. When the Bills 1st offense was in, was it against the Lions 1st defense or what it against their backups?

One on one, Ziggy Ansah was having his way with Cordy Glenn the whole time he was in there.

I'm not worried about Cordy long-term, the poor kid's only been fully practicing a couple of weeks after being out for months(?) - it's not a shock he's not really ready yet. Hopefully it doesn't take too much longer to get there, because right now he's a real weak-point.

Edited by BobChalmers

The Bill offense overall has to do a much better job of not looking robotic out there, so the OC may need to mix the plays up, so Manuel and the team as whole can move with fluid motion as oppose to robotic movements that only telegraph their plays. How many times have we seen Jackson inside; Spiller off tackle, trying to out race defenders to the corner, or Chandler counting one thousand one, then after timing his lag, move to an open area some 12-15 yards down in the middle of the field? Toss in some old-fashioned sweeps here and there. Open up the short passing routes with some cleverly mixed in deep balls. Keep the defense offense and spread the field.

Actually, he just relayed that his coaches told him he did a good job.

He was thoroughly mediocre, which should be enough.

All this freaking out and venting should be redirected at last year's #2 NFL rushing attack that has looked like trash in 5 preseason games.

He was thoroughly mediocre, which should be enough.

All this freaking out and venting should be redirected at last year's #2 NFL rushing attack that has looked like trash in 5 preseason games.

I wouldn't call his play in the Detroit game mediocre. I would call it below average for an NFL caliber starting quarterback. And no it is not enough.

If any quarterback played an entire year like EJ played last night, their team would not win any games at all. they would go 0-16. The Bills offense never made it to the red zone. No that is not acceptable. No that is not okay. Sorry. It just isn't. He has to play better than that.