Sammy's ribs

YoloinOhio

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That I guess would be me. But, I didn't call Marrone an idiot I called him what he is a moron. No one will ever confuse him with say Bill Walsh, or choose tour own legit coach here __________. ______________.

Sorry I don't gamble but I do know the risk versus gain reward last night would have minimal at best, since the QB is not ready for primetime. Or is that Just a smokescreen too?

After all it was just a meaningless scrimmage right? Why risk your best assets running "vanilla" plays? How did that work out?

You ask: How did that work out? which is a rhetorical way of saying it was an utter failure.

Given we don't know the extent of his injury or what will happen in week one, I'm wondering how you've determined that to be the case.

I'll regretfully admit I'm wrong if the team releases a statement saying he'll be out for a few weeks. I'm wondering if you'll use that as an opportunity to gloat.

More importantly, I'm wondering what your reaction will be if he plays week one (as I expect him to) and plays really well. Will you regret having to admit you're wrong?

You ask: How did that work out? which is a rhetorical way of saying it was an utter failure.

Given we don't know the extent of his injury or what will happen in week one, I'm wondering how you've determined that to be the case.

I'll regretfully admit I'm wrong if the team releases a statement saying he'll be out for a few weeks. I'm wondering if you'll use that as an opportunity to gloat.

More importantly, I'm wondering what your reaction will be if he plays week one (as I expect him to) and plays really well. Will you regret having to admtit you're wrong?

Dude, where anywhere did I say he won't play? What is your argument here? Gloat? Get real its a sport not my life.

What I said was it was STOOPID to play him last night. Nothing else.

I was at the game. I watched Sammy and his interaction with the trainers. he's hurtin.

I say he's not making the opener and the 4-6 week wisecrack marrone made is probably closer to the truth.

On the bright side, we'll be able to call him a rookie again next year.

So what did you mean to imply by the 'how did that work out?' rhetoric?

He left the game holding his ribs. How did that work out was my response. meaning WTF good was it to put possibly the best offensive weapon in with bruised ribs or whatever for two plays? Thats what I meant.

Sorry, any coach who takes winning in the NFL seriously does not play an injured starting player in the last pre season game.

Obviously you believe otherwise. And quite frankly barking up the wrong tree. So, since you are connected(?) you know that Sammy will be out there at 100% opening day. seriously name a single benefit of putting him out there last night?

I'm really getting worried. I don't necessarily blame them for playing him tonight. He has missed a lot of time and IMO if he was cleared to play it makes sense it have him in there a series or 2 with EJ. But he was reportedly wearing a flack jacket and there was a photo on twitter showing how the defender went right for the left side of his ribs. Clearly he knew where to hit him. Won't all teams do this? Will he play scared? Will he play at all? Trying not to overreact but everything just seems to be a nightmare right now with this team. How much bad luck can one team have? I got the nfl ticket this year for the first time and am afraid to watch.

1. Jacket was precautionary I am sure

2. Its a preseason game, if you have to fart they will pull you out as a precaution and not put you back in.

3. He doesn't have broken or cracked ribs, so I am sure it was just an aggravation at most and could have played through it if the game mattered.

I wouldnt worry...he doesn't have anything that is a permanent or long term problem. He is too important to let keep playing under any discomfort in the preseason. He has also shown a lot in practice and they feel good enough about him to not risk anything if he's not feeling 100%.

Watkins is going to compete for OROY and might just win it.

He left the game holding his ribs. How did that work out was my response. meaning WTF good was it to put possibly the best offensive weapon in with bruised ribs or whatever for two plays? Thats what I meant.

Sorry, any coach who takes winning in the NFL seriously does not play an injured starting player in the last pre season game.

Obviously you believe otherwise. And quite frankly barking up the wrong tree. So, since you are connected(?) you know that Sammy will be out there at 100% opening day. seriously name a single benefit of putting him out there last night?

You really can't think of a single reason?

You'd rather a rookie WR and a green QB skip over the last three weeks of preseason without any reps?

Fact: NFL players play through injuries. Sammy has to learn.

I wouldn't have been upset with him sitting last night, but to be willfully blind to any benefits from him playing is just silly, bud. Come on.

1. Jacket was precautionary I am sure

2. Its a preseason game, if you have to fart they will pull you out as a precaution and not put you back in.

3. He doesn't have broken or cracked ribs, so I am sure it was just an aggravation at most and could have played through it if the game mattered.

I wouldnt worry...he doesn't have anything that is a permanent or long term problem. He is too important to let keep playing under any discomfort in the preseason. He has also shown a lot in practice and they feel good enough about him to not risk anything if he's not feeling 100%.

Watkins is going to compete for OROY and might just win it.

He lined up for the next snap.

He's going to be fine.

You really can't think of a single reason?

You'd rather a rookie WR and a green QB skip over the last three weeks of preseason without any reps?

Fact: NFL players play through injuries. Sammy has to learn.

I wouldn't have been upset with him sitting last night, but to be willfully blind to any benefits from him playing is just silly, bud. Come on.

To bad our superstar TE Chandler didn't have the sack to play last night. if anyone needs reps it's that clown. I guess Chandler has already "learned" how to drop passes thrown at the numbers? This argument has become circular. Sorry IMO you don't play the guy who is without question the biggest hope for the season in a meaningless last scrimmage nursing a injury no matter how small. But believe what you want. Everyones opinion is valid here.

Nice chatting with ya.

To bad our superstar TE Chandler didn't have the sack to play last night. if anyone needs reps it's that clown. I guess Chandler has already "learned" how to drop passes thrown at the numbers? This argument has become circular. Sorry IMO you don't play the guy who is without question the biggest hope for the season in a meaningless last scrimmage nursing a injury no matter how small. But believe what you want. Everyones opinion is valid here.

Nice chatting with ya.

And there's where we differ.