NFL Announces New Domestic Violence Policy

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For al the grief Goodell took, he was absolutely correct in that the Ray Rice penalty was in line with previous domestic abuse suspensions handed down buy the league.

• mccann-feature-nflsuspensions-21.png?w=1024

While I applaud the 6 game minimum, there is no question that, compared to other NFL abusers, Rice didn't get off "easy" by NFL standards. Since 2002, there have been 15 cases of players punished for domestic abuse with suspensions. 9 got 1 game. 5 got 2 games. 1 got 3 games.

No one in the public cared about the other 14 abuse vicitms--only Rice's wife.......and ONLY because there was a video. Without the video, this would have been a one or 2 day story of and NFL player who got in a fight with his wife and beat her up. The public would have yawned...another jock hitting his partner.

I have to say, Goodell has turned this around masterfully. He has done a mea culpa. Set up some arbitrary standard suspension. And now he can resume bringing down the hammer on other violators without conatantly having the comparison to Rice's 2 game penalty.

Winston Wolfe could not have cleaned this up more spotlessly.

Edited by Mr. WEO

For al the grief Goodell took, he was absolutely correct in that the Ray Rice penalty was in line with previous domestic abuse suspensions handed down buy the league.

I did not know the league was for sale... hmm.

@RapSheet

Here is the booking info for #49ers DT Ray McDonald, who was arrested this morning pic.twitter.com/XMbpoHxxyk

@judybattista

Ink is barely dry on the NFL's new domestic violence policy and it may already have first test case. Sigh.

I am worried about some of these women playing the whole victim card. Yep, I'm that a-hole. But, there are these women - superhead, and others that prey upon athletes. They get knocked up and get pay checks for life. Whats a good way to add money to that check? Domestic violence and a restraining order.

I did not know the league was for sale... hmm.

I am worried about some of these women playing the whole victim card. Yep, I'm that a-hole. But, there are these women - superhead, and others that prey upon athletes. They get knocked up and get pay checks for life. Whats a good way to add money to that check? Domestic violence and a restraining order.

The players owe it to themselves to stay vigilant and educated against the very thing you posted about and it's a legitimate issue. There are actually websites that cater to women interested in hooking up with professional athletes to "trap" them for financial gain.

The players owe it to themselves to stay vigilant and educated against the very thing you posted about and it's a legitimate issue. There are actually websites that cater to women interested in hooking up with professional athletes to "trap" them for financial gain.

http://www.balleralert.com/

All about the finances of athletes. The forums have a lot of info, including calculators to figure out how much you can get from an athlete, child support figures, tricks to get them drunk and spending more money, how to's... etc.

It is quite terrific. But, in reality, these women do deserve something for all their hard work, because the time and effort they put in - it's a lot.

http://www.balleralert.com/

All about the finances of athletes. The forums have a lot of info, including calculators to figure out how much you can get from an athlete, child support figures, tricks to get them drunk and spending more money, how to's... etc.

It is quite terrific. But, in reality, these women do deserve something for all their hard work, because the time and effort they put in - it's a lot.

That's the one I was referring to.

@CBSPhilly

Experts Want To See NFL Act On Domestic Violence http://cbsloc.al/1C3i4fJ

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

So I can get money out of you for that restraining order I got?

if I have to pay child support - yeah. That way I owe more because it takes away the ability to see kids on weekend meaning the women have kids 24/7 and must be compensated.

if I have to pay child support - yeah. That way I owe more because it takes away the ability to see kids on weekend meaning the women have kids 24/7 and must be compensated.

But we don't have kids. You just hit me a lot.

• mccann-feature-nflsuspensions-21.png?w=1024

While I applaud the 6 game minimum, there is no question that, compared to other NFL abusers, Rice didn't get off "easy" by NFL standards. Since 2002, there have been 15 cases of players punished for domestic abuse with suspensions. 9 got 1 game. 5 got 2 games. 1 got 3 games.

No one in the public cared about the other 14 abuse vicitms--only Rice's wife.......and ONLY because there was a video. Without the video, this would have been a one or 2 day story of and NFL player who got in a fight with his wife and beat her up. The public would have yawned...another jock hitting his partner.

I have to say, Goodell has turned this around masterfully. He has done a mea culpa. Set up some arbitrary standard suspension. And now he can resume bringing down the hammer on other violators without conatantly having the comparison to Rice's 2 game penalty.

Winston Wolfe could not have cleaned this up more spotlessly.

Interesting to finally see the breakdown of past punishments. I suspected it was the going rate, but without having the numbers, hated saying that. Makes sense rice would get punishment in line with prior and the league would afterwards evaluate the system for an overhaul

other niners players present as well according to local PD.uh oh.

Wasn't it harbaugh that players were saying his personal take was essentially "come to me with any boneheaded stuff you do but god help you if I find out it's hitting women"

Edited by NoSaint

Interesting to finally see the breakdown of past punishments. I suspected it was the going rate, but without having the numbers, hated saying that. Makes sense rice would get punishment in line with prior and the league would afterwards evaluate the system for an overhaul

Wasn't it harbaugh that players were saying his personal take was essentially "come to me with any boneheaded stuff you do but god help you if I find out it's hitting women"

yet he drafted Hyde who was suspended 3 games last year for hitting a woman in a bar. On video. I still say he didn't make contact and she jumped backward anyway but you can't tell.