Preseason Game #5: Lions at Bills - 8/28/14 @ 7 PM

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

One possibility is that people are completely over rating the talent and the coaching. There are zero all-pro players on the line, but somehow people think it is supposed to be one of the top lines in the league. Pats felt comfortable trading logan mankins, the bills line isn't special.

I disagree with that assessment. Unfortunately pro bowl selections tend to go to players on teams that win games. Eric Wood has played at a pro bowl level in 2011-12, and Cordy Glenn could have been voted in last year. Those two are very good players. Now Henderson at RT has the talent to be elite, and could see a PB if he continues to develop and play like he has.

Its the OG position that currently has serious issues. 5th round pick Cyril Richardson could eventually develop into a viable OG. Until then the starters and backups stink IMO

Guys, Palmer has been with the team 3 days. How well do you expect him to play when he hasn't even had time to learn the nuances of the plays he is calling.

I'd rather see how Tuel would play against the 2nd stringers, he needs work too

Think back to the Matt Leinert era.

I disagree with that assessment. Unfortunately pro bowl selections tend to go to players on teams that win games. Eric Wood has played at a pro bowl level in 2011-12, and Cordy Glenn could have been voted in last year. Those two are very good players. Now Henderson at RT has the talent to be elite, and could see a PB if he continues to develop and play like he has.

Its the OG position that currently has serious issues. 5th round pick Cyril Richardson could eventually develop into a viable OG. Until then the starters and backups stink IMO

Except that the teams that actually have the pro bowlers have better players. Cordy is 10th or 12th best LT at best, If your best linemen is the 10th best at his position, its an indication that the line is probably closer to average than to elite. Over rated by Bills fans.