I'm tired of being negative

major

In the moments leading up to the opening kickoff of the opening games, I take a deep, blissful breath knowing that from that second on, I have more Buffalo Bills football to look forward to than at any other point in the year.

It's one of my top 5 moments, every year.

I enjoy the **** out of watching The Bills play football, even though 60-70% of the time it puts me in a sour mood.

The hope for an exuberant start to the week in the other 30-40% of the time is what keeps me coming back, and it's way, way sweeter than the sour is sour.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's no way to be positive until the season starts and we start winning.

I'm all alone in my household now (as far as rooting for the Bills). I tried putting my GF onto liking my team and she liked it at first (especially the year we beat NE and even cried) but she dont even watch games with me anymore. She says it's too painful and to just save the games on the DVR if we win so she can watch later.

It also didn't help that when we went to MetLife stadium for the season opener 2 years ago I believe, we had to leave the stadium in the 3rd quarter cuz it was THAT bad...

We're going to the home opener at the Ralph this year and if we have a decent record leading up to the TNF game in Miami, I plan on going to Miami with her to watch the game also.

Here's to my DVR being a little more full this year and my bank account a little shorter. Wait. Is that positivity?

Go for it....all the cool kids are doing it.

Just remember, when you eventually run out of kool aid the landing is pretty hard.

yeah, sure is. I drink it every year in preparation for opening day, among other beverages. By mid season, I have a massive headache and depression, that is only treated by knowing that college basketball is about to begin, and mock drafts are coming out.

I'm all alone in my household now (as far as rooting for the Bills). I tried putting my GF onto liking my team and she liked it at first (especially the year we beat NE and even cried) but she dont even watch games with me anymore. She says it's too painful and to just save the games on the DVR if we win so she can watch later.

It also didn't help that when we went to MetLife stadium for the season opener 2 years ago I believe, we had to leave the stadium in the 3rd quarter cuz it was THAT bad...

We're going to the home opener at the Ralph this year and if we have a decent record leading up to the TNF game in Miami, I plan on going to Miami with her to watch the game also.

Here's to my DVR being a little more full this year and my bank account a little shorter. Wait. Is that positivity?

the positivity is impossible before the season. I am negative generally through the last preseason game, still smarting from the prior season. Then, BOOM, the positivity kicks in. I go to every home opener, and then watch games, etc.

Losing is like having babies, terrible experience but soon forgotten with hope the next time will be better.

hahaha. Great analogy. Should not be shared with women.

I'm tired of being negative when it comes to our Bills. Time to drink the kool aid. Let's go to the Super Bowl. Anyone care to join me?

I'm tired of getting GMs and coaches that produce negative results and tired of the people that hire them and tired of the team treating us all like suckers.

wow. At least your gf still watches. My wife hates sports.

My wife used to watch. Now she's my ex. Got married in 95 the day we crushed the phins in the playoffs, divorced last year. She was the anchor holding this team back.

Now, it's on like a MoFo!!!!

That's the key to a happy marriage. Dont let the wife or gf watch bills games.

I'll trade TJ Graham for Cam Newton anyday.

I'll trade him from a couple small boxes of Graham crackers.

Whatever happened to the Senator?

He's just an average citizen now.

In the moments leading up to the opening kickoff of the opening games, I take a deep, blissful breath knowing that from that second on, I have more Buffalo Bills football to look forward to than at any other point in the year.

It's one of my top 5 moments, every year.

I enjoy the **** out of watching The Bills play football, even though 60-70% of the time it puts me in a sour mood.

The hope for an exuberant start to the week in the other 30-40% of the time is what keeps me coming back, and it's way, way sweeter than the sour is sour.

I kinda get like that. But when a team starts killing us, then I am prone to the fast forward button too. During the 2nd half of the season usually.

Seriously, thank you for the breath of fresh air. There should be a seperate forum for all the people that can't stop bitching. People get so caught up in "I'd rather be right than watch the team succeed" that it becomes awful to read. People used to get banned around here for crusading, now it's just whatever.

The simple reply is that rooting for this team as an adult a negative outlook is logical and rational. If you able to be optimistic and positive I tip my hat to you. The reason I am so down on the team is that I see no real progress as an organization certainly not in the last 10 years. We get a decent undersized LB like Alonzo and we freak out because the standard of comparison is so low. If the Bills gave a President and GM a free hand to clean out the front office and they were able to hire well respected scouts and player personnel people and that bunch went after Sammy Watkins I'd give them the benefit of the doubt. No patience. No visible plan. Not enough talent. Granted nothing changes until ownership gets squared away, but in a watered down league 1 or 2 10 and 6 seasons since 1999 should be the minimum.