Jim Kelly Displeased With QBs including EJ

Phil Jackson averaged 6 points per game. Harbaugh was solid but hardly good. Rivera was a solid member on a great defense.

None of this guys were close to Kelly as a player. So the point stands.

No at all. You really think guys like Michael Irvin and Warren Sapp are experts? They are talking heads who are guessing like most fans.

How ex great players are big time executives or coaches? I can only think of Elway and Newsime currently.

Also, qb is the hardest position in sports to project. Again, Kelly wanted to get Tebow here. Great player but that doesn't make him a great talent evaluator.

You are absolutely right. I admire Jim Kelly for the way he has handled all he has gone through on a personal level - and greatly respect what he accomplished in the game. However, his opinion is the just that: an opinion. He essentially said the same thing most of us have been saying (paraphrased): "I hope he improves enough to take advantage of the talent that now exists on this team - let's wait and see."

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bills have taken big steps in hopes of giving EJ Manuel the kind of help/supporting cast he needs to become successful in the NFL. Many of the faces are new and raw, but with very high ceilings. Oline is just now settled and our number 1 target in Sammy Watkins has been missing for a couple of games. The Bills are still a work in progress including our inexperienced signal caller.

I love JK, I really do,

but EJ Manuel doesn't need the added pressure IMO...

Edited by Donald Duck

The Bills have taken big steps in hopes of giving EJ Manuel the kind of help/supporting cast he needs to become successful in the NFL. Many of the faces are new and raw, but with very high ceilings. Oline is just now settled and our number 1 target in Sammy Watkins has been missing for a couple of games. The Bills are still a work in progress including our inexperienced signal caller.

I love JK, I really do,

:huh:

with Ted Marchibroda and Frank Reich as his coaches. Kent Hull helped Kelly also with play calling.

Play calling? Maybe. But pre snap read DEFINITELY... Thats what centers used to do. Thats why Jeff Saturday was a throwback. It was a system of checks and balances. We really need to explore Eric Wood and EJ Manuels relationship in depth. Does Wood make line calls effectively. Does he pick up blitzers. What is he seeing. The guys of old were just as smart if not smarter than their QB. This is a point that needs to be greatly emphasized. Thank you Nucci for the point. Ted Marchibroda is far superior to Nathaniel Hackett and I guess they are saying Palmer is what Reich was. I have taken notice that EJ and Tuel are always looking over the stills together and kind of trying to piece it together. But where is the coaching in all of this? I really never see Hackett with them for a prolonged period. I understand that he has 10 other guys to address. But the QB needs to be in the know. And has to know what he is seeing. Last year he was the youngest player on the field for the bills as a starter not named Robert Woods. He is clay that HAS to be molded.

I love JK, I really do,

Can we take the kid gloves off EJ? He's a guy only the Bills had rated that high. We took him in the first round when the smart money said he would go much later. We've surrounded him with a great stable of runningbacks, we mortgaged next years no. 1 for the top wr in the draft and traded for caveman Mike, Woods is good. This is most likely the best receiving core we've had in a decade. We added 4 new lineman in free agency and the draft. Now we added Palmer who can be more support for him in addition to the coaches added for him in the off season. Our defense is solid. It's the NFL, time to put your big boy pants on. So either take the next step or your holding back the other players on this team and wasting our time.

Edited by billsfan714

I love JK, I really do,

I see little added pressure from Jimbo's comments as basically he stated the obvious that EJ's 0 fer 3+ gams driving for TDs. Kelly stated something I do not think anyone (EJ most of all ) would disagree with.

He would be pressuring EJ IF he had said he did not think EJ was good enough or even if he expressed uncertainty. Actually, he endorsed the idea of EJ potentially becoming the franchise QB.

Is there anything Kelly could say that would not put additional pressure on EJ.

I think his comments were as much of an endorsement as h could make.

I see little added pressure from Jimbo's comments as basically he stated the obvious that EJ's 0 fer 3+ gams driving for TDs. Kelly stated something I do not think anyone (EJ most of all ) would disagree with.

He would be pressuring EJ IF he had said he did not think EJ was good enough or even if he expressed uncertainty. Actually, he endorsed the idea of EJ potentially becoming the franchise QB.

Is there anything Kelly could say that would not put additional pressure on EJ.

I think his comments were as much of an endorsement as h could make.

How well did JK and the Bills perform in the preseason under Marv Levy?

Did JK have a someone when he played with the kind of clout Jim kelly has now complaining about what went on in the preseason? With a reshuffled Oline and new WR's? I don't think so

I've watched JK complain about every QB the Bills have had over the last few years and I don't think it does the confidence of the football team any good.

On the other hand, I'm very, very happy to have JK around the team and complaing about our QB situation again, Jim must be feeling better :thumbsup:

Edited by Donald Duck