NFL Cutdown to 75

Let's hope there is a decent punter the Bills can sign to have a true competition with Moorman. He shanked another one against no rush yesterday. He is terribly inconsistent. He does not angle the ball well. He is just bad at this point. Even a decent punter would beat him out.

Let's hope there is a decent punter the Bills can sign to have a true competition with Moorman. He shanked another one against no rush yesterday. He is terribly inconsistent. He does not angle the ball well. He is just bad at this point. Even a decent punter would beat him out.

Moorman was a great punter for many, many years.

The last couple years on the Bills, even one year he put up decent numbers, he was a lousy punter.

Then he got released and was a poor punter for a couple other teams.

Then he came back to us and had a great punt and then was a consistently poor punter again.

Then in preseason he is a poor punter.

Look like a trend?

Moorman was a great punter for many, many years.

The last couple years on the Bills, even one year he put up decent numbers, he was a lousy punter.

Then he got released and was a poor punter for a couple other teams.

Then he came back to us and had a great punt and then was a consistently poor punter again.

Then in preseason he is a poor punter.

Look like a trend?

Championship?

I really don't see the need to bash Brian Moorman but it might be time to move on

Why don't you see the need? This board is full of people who bash our QB our O line, etc etc but Moorman is off limits? It's clear it's past his time. IMO it was a mistake to bring him back last time. He just doesn't have it anymore. That takes nothing away from all the good he has done for the Bills in his career. But at this point? Best thing is to retire and make it easier on the team. He isn't close to the same player anymore.

The Falcons released a receiver called Julian Jones. I have a hunch there was too much confusion with the coaches between Julio Jones and Julian Jones. Julian is probably very good and we should give him a look. He really had no chance in Atlanta.

The Falcons released a receiver called Julian Jones. I have a hunch there was too much confusion with the coaches between Julio Jones and Julian Jones. Julian is probably very good and we should give him a look. He really had no chance in Atlanta.

:huh:

This is great. I can see some guy in my fantasy draft grabbing Julian Jones in the 4th round, and thinking he got a steal.

Do you guys really think that they will replace Moorman? There is seriously 0% chance.

Are you saying that he deserves to still be on the roster with his performance? I'm tired of watching our punter rip off his chinstrap in frustration after most punts.

Do you guys really think that they will replace Moorman? There is seriously 0% chance.

Why would you say that? He's been terrible for four years.

Granted, they may not replace him with an unproven rookie but if an unproven rookie beats out a veteran punter in the last cuts I can easily see them punting Moorman. He looks awful. His leg is shot. He gets off one good punt every 3-5, which is intolerable in the NFL.

Why would you say that? He's been terrible for four years.

Granted, they may not replace him with an unproven rookie but if an unproven rookie beats out a veteran punter in the last cuts I can easily see them punting Moorman. He looks awful. His leg is shot. He gets off one good punt every 3-5, which is intolerable in the NFL.

He is being evaluated by Crossman and Marrone so there is probably a good chance he sticks. Moorman is a good dude and loves the Bills. I can see him retiring if these idiots don't cut him.

The reason they are keeping Moorman is because they knew what he was when he signed him--an aging punter, with declining leg strength, but with decent hang time and some reliability (at least relative to an unknown rookie, like Powell, who was terrible).

If they wanted an upgrade, they wouldn't have signed Dombrowski to "challenge" him--they would have gone after a vet in the offseason, or drafted a good prospect.

I am not sure why they would change course now, given that Moorman is exactly who they thought he was. And there are only 32 teams/punters in the league, so it's not like some surprise vet with a much bigger upside is going to hit the market.

We can question whether it was a wise move to re-sign Moorman, but the decision was made, and I just can't see the team changing course.