Did EJ have time to get this to Fred?

fansince88

Well I need TBD to help me settle this disagreement. It is between myself and another poster. I am not going to give you my or his/her argument or opinion. Does EJ have time to get this to Fred from the time he sees him to the time he gets hit? Yes or No! http://www.buccaneers.com/multimedia/videos/McDonald-Returns-Fumble-for-TD/1eb45707-61eb-4351-b9ff-4df7bb152e77

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

He didn't have time to go through his dumpoff progressions....

Nice

Having the time to get it to Fred is irrelevant if he isn't looking his way. Cyril was somehow not blocking anyone on that play.

Edited by Max997

He didn't have time to go through his dumpoff progressions....

Although this should have been his first Progression. He wasn't even covered. BUT this still has nothing to do with my argument.

Edited by fansince88

Nice

Having the time to get it to Fred is irrelevant if he isn't looking his way. Cyril was somehow not blocking anyone on that play.

He had 4 full seconds to get it to someone---or to simply spin out and leave the pocket.

Johnny Football would have pirouetted away and escaped!

EJ is slow, man. He's like Bledsoe in that pocket. It's hard to imagine only a year ago, posters were talking about him running a read option offense. He can't seem to "read" and he's leaden of foot.

He had 4 full seconds to get it to someone---or to simply spin out and leave the pocket.

Johnny Football would have pirouetted away and escaped!

EJ is slow, man. He's like Bledsoe in that pocket. It's hard to imagine only a year ago, posters were talking about him running a read option offense. He can't seem to "read" and he's leaden of foot.

Predictable BS. Johnny Fools' Gold would have been late to the game on a flight from Vegas. He couldn't even beat out the great Brian Hoyer. :lol:

Predictable BS. Johnny Fools' Gold would have been late to the game on a flight from Vegas. He couldn't even beat out the great Brian Hoyer. :lol:

Don't be too sure of that...

"And people have asked me about potentially a two-quarterback system and having a package for him. That is on the table.

"I don't know if that's anything that we want to commit to just now because Brian [Hoyer] -- because of the competition -- is a little bit behind in the chemistry and continuity of working with that first group."

On Wednesday, Pettine had announced Hoyer as the team's starting quarterback for Week 1 against the Pittsburgh Steelers.

"We didn't see him as truly behind, but it was just Brian had that slight edge," Pettine said of Manziel. "We're confident that if we do put Johnny in a game, he'll play well."

Pettine could not have handled this preseason more ineptly. He's doomed already given that team's felonious owner's trigger finger for firing HC's.

Pettine could not have handled this preseason more ineptly. He's doomed already given that team's felonious owner's trigger finger for firing HC's.

I hope he does play this year so his school yard, improvisational, one read and run style gets exposed as non translateable. It ain't gonna fly in the NFL.

I hope he does play this year so his school yard, improvisational, one read and run style gets exposed as non translateable. It ain't gonna fly in the NFL.

Maybe.

But I bet Pettine would give anything for the guy he has to start ahead of JM to be anyone but Hoyer. Hoyer has 4 more NFL starts than JM--entering his 6th season.

And just like that less than 1/2 hour into it :wallbash:

WE ARE DISCUSSING JOHNY FOOTLOOSE :wallbash: . please stay on topic. :rolleyes:

Maybe.

But I bet Pettine would give anything for the guy he has to start ahead of JM to be anyone but Hoyer. Hoyer has 4 more NFL starts than JM--entering his 6th season.