Bills Release Alan Branch After DWI Arrest

Alan Branch arrested per Marrone at post-game presser. Not active for the game.

@buffalobills

Marrone: "It was reported to me that (Alan Branch) was arrested" Plans to meet Branch and discuss it him tomorrow.

@buffalobills

#Bills release DT Alan Branch http://ow.ly/AFiLU

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i really wish there were some kind of stipulation written into the player contracts where if you pull this crap and lose your job you get nothing.

Is this a joke? If he loses his job he does get nothing. Very few guaranteed contracts. Also if the player gets arrested it is common for teams to go after signing bonus money they already paid the player.

Is this a joke? If he loses his job he does get nothing. Very few guaranteed contracts. Also if the player gets arrested it is common for teams to go after signing bonus money they already paid the player.

not so much a joke as a not being an expert on player contracts thing.

@mikerodak: Multiple Bills players told me they just learned of Alan Branch's arrest. One said he was told by team it was a "family emergency."

instead of lying about a family emergency, why didn't lie about him being in the hospital or something? that way the team could use it as inspiration to band together and -- against all odds and in the face of an overwhelming foe -- go out and win one for the branchster!