EJ showed he can move the ball

Nuncha

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No idea what his stats are, or who is to blame for EJ's sub-par career to date. What bothers me is watching him. He just doesn't seem to have the CPU speed necessary for reacting to what an opposing D has to throw at him.

Forget about the wounded ducks he throws, he is not reading fast enough. Not even close. He looks like a project QB that would be well served with a few years on a practice squad. Eventually the game will slow down and he'll be fine but right now he is a detriment to the team hands down.

What prominent NFL QB posted these stats in his first three seasons?

G GS Comp Att Pct Yds Avg TD Int Sck SckY

14 13 196 295 66.4 2,621 8.9 17 11 30 213

12 12 168 268 62.7 2,385 8.9 17 9 23 129

15 15 280 469 59.7 3,513 7.5 18 23 46 280

I expect the "fact" that you can't compare EJ to _________ thrown back at you here. In 3…2…1...

No idea what his stats are, or who is to blame for EJ's sub-par career to date. What bothers me is watching him. He just doesn't seem to have the CPU speed necessary for reacting to what an opposing D has to throw at him.

Forget about the wounded ducks he throws, he is not reading fast enough. Not even close. He looks like a project QB that would be well served with a few years on a practice squad. Eventually the game will slow down and he'll be fine but right now he is a detriment to the team hands down.

I see progress that you don't with respect to EJ processing information quickly and then throwing to receivers before they make their break on deep out, comeback, and seam routes.

This may sound crazy, but I really don't think Manuel played horribly yesterday, or the week before. Even before he was playing against the Bucs second string. Receivers were falling all over the place yesterday, one slip by Chandler led to one interception. The fumble returned for a TD was ugly... but those pissing and moaning that he had "plenty of time" to get rid of the ball on that play are simply digging into their "EJ sucks" pose. He saw Jackson open, true, but the position of his feet would have likely resulted in a pick-six had he just thrown it, the way so many suggested. True, little difference between a pick-six, and a fumble returned for a td, but I still would prefer him to just eat it there, than try a stupid pass. He has been making some nice throws, and his decision making has been pretty sound. Also, remember, no matter what you think of Hackett's play calling, there is absolutely no way we have seen anything close to the Bills playbook this season. I really have this feeling that Mike Williams is going to have a terrific season, and that can only help Manuel. I noticed, particularly yesterday, Manuel seems to be "trusting" his receivers a bit more, as many have been clamoring for. You have all come this far, why lose faith now?

Edited by Buftex

I see progress that you don't with respect to EJ processing information quickly and then throwing to receivers before they make their break on deep out, comeback, and seam routes.

Well, I hope you are right. All eyes on week one now. I could go for a nice Kings ration of Crow right about now !! If he lights it up, I'll be admitting my mistake loud and clear on this kid. Right here in these forums. I'm just not seeing what you are seeing and by Golly I want to be VERY wrong here.

What prominent NFL QB posted these stats in his first three seasons?

G GS Comp Att Pct Yds Avg TD Int Sck SckY

14 13 196 295 66.4 2,621 8.9 17 11 30 213

12 12 168 268 62.7 2,385 8.9 17 9 23 129

15 15 280 469 59.7 3,513 7.5 18 23 46 280

I expect the "fact" that you can't compare EJ to _________ thrown back at you here. In 3…2…1...

Those are the passing numbers posted by Big Ben in his 1st three seasons. Not very good.

WInning record is a TEAM number....in which Ben had a dominant defense, running game, and special teams backing him up.

Plus great coaching and a great front office and great ownership.

That said, Ben consistently made big plays when he had to, or on third and long, with his arm or with his feet, and played well enough to win, or was directly responsible for some wins, even when he did not put up great stats.

9 1/2 games of real NFL experience vs no games of real NFL experience. Bottom line is two inexperienced QBs who need further development. It's not that different and the jury is out on both of them.

Just because the jury is still out on both doesn't mean they are in the same situation. They aren't.