Do we have 3 #1 wrs??? I think so!

Sammy is the bomb. You can just tell. He has all around skills. I even like his blocking skills. With our good run game, wrs need to be good blockers as well.

Robert Woods. I've been praising him since last year and he looks even better this year.

Mike Williams. He used to be a #1. Does he still have it?

I gotta give praise when it's there. Hogan is looking super sharp. Dude, does this guy ever drop a ball???? I liked seeing him with the 1's Friday. He's not a number 1. But he's earning credit.

I'm excited yall!!!!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone is pouring the Kool Aid early today!

I think we have 1 legit superstar wide receiver and behind Sammy we have a stable of "pretty darn good" receivers.......

I would like to fee better about our TE situation......cuz Chandler to me looks like he is falling off (he should have caught that EJ pass last preseason game) but our WR group looks very good and deep.

There does seem to be a lot of potential in the WR Corps (though not a lot of proven talent).

So who will lead the BIlls in receptions this year?

Given that Sammy is a rookie, I wouldn't be surprised if Mike Williams ended up leading the team. EJ seems to trust him.

I think Williams was the WR2 in Tampa, but he has a lot of skill at the position. I think he is a legit red zone threat. Woods is a borderline #1 - I think he is polished enough for that role but I think he is more effective as the the 2nd or third option. Sammy is a #1. Goodwin is the icing on the cake. So much talent. I hope it all comes together!

To me, although I love our WR corps, we have no #1s. Sammy will almost certainly become one, but it may not be immediately. CaveManMike is a very good #2, who has a lot of talent and some unique skills. He was a solid #2 in Tampa. Robert Woods is almost a very good #2 and probably will reach that status soon. Goodwin is a terrific situational guy. Hogan needs to prove he can do anything in regular season games.

Kelly,

I dont think Sammy is gonna follow along the normal time line of a WR.....I think we have a Green or Jones situation on our hands

If I had to bet I would agree. He's clearly special and in their class. I had Julio on my fantasy team as a rookie and he took awhile to get going on a consistent basis. We also need EJ to get him the ball. And we have a lot of weapons.

Julio didn't score until game 6-7 and it wasn't until December that he exploded.

To me, although I love our WR corps, we have no #1s. Sammy will almost certainly become one, but it may not be immediately. CaveManMike is a very good #2, who has a lot of talent and some unique skills. He was a solid #2 in Tampa. Robert Woods is almost a very good #2 and probably will reach that status soon. Goodwin is a terrific situational guy. Hogan needs to prove he can do anything in regular season games.

Very true. I was just thinking about this on his NFL draft profile:

Bottom Line: A legitimate No. 1-caliber receiver who stepped onto the field as a true freshman and made an immediate, game-changing impact.

You don't always see a WR coming out of college with that designation. For example, here is Mike Evans from the same site:

He's a big, physical, strong-handed, West Coast possession receiver with playmaking ability who projects as a No. 2 in the pros

Isn't Hogan ahead of Woods at the starting slot receiver? Not sure how you could say Woods is a #1 when he's not even a starter

I doubt that will be the case when the season starts. Marrone was sending a message to Woods and trying to see how Hogan fit in with the starters. Expect to see Woods on the field a lot more than Hogan.

Someone is pouring the Kool Aid early today!

I think we have 1 legit superstar wide receiver and behind Sammy we have a stable of "pretty darn good" receivers.......

I would like to fee better about our TE situation......cuz Chandler to me looks like he is falling off (he should have caught that EJ pass last preseason game) but our WR group looks very good and deep.

I don't think it was kool aid

Sammy hasn't played a down in the NFL and he's a #1

MW has a TM to prove after being traded for a sixth round pick

Woods looks like a great #2 receiver but he's far from a true #1

When did Watkins get voted into the ProBowl. I missed the announcement....

Love the enthusiasm but he is still a rookie WR. I will be happy if he approaches 50 catches this year even knowing 15 of those may be behind the LOS.

Williams may be the straw that pours the drink with this group. They need a veteran to teach them the little things. Hopefully new WR coach helps too.

LOVE our receiving core. WW3-Watkins, Williams & Woods! Are they all #1's? Nah but they are strong.

$$million dollar ? Can EJ get them the ball?

Hater,kool aid drinker, it doesn't matter... This is the most depth this team has had this century

BUT in todays NFL. the QB has to be above average...here's to hoping above average!

Go Bills!

I think we have super #1 in the making, a guy who has played like a high skilled #2 previously, but also has had some issue, and another young guy who could become a very good #2. In addition a couple other WR's with very good unique talents, one with blazing track speed, and another who just doesn't seem to know how to drop a pass.

A better title for this thread may have been "do we have the #1 WR corp in the league" To that question I'd probably respond, we may have it in another year or so, could be much sooner if the light bulb goes off even a little bit with EJ.